Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrison, Polamalu both miss practice for the Steelers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Harrison, Polamalu both miss practice for the Steelers

This would be huge...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-steelers/
    Before practice on Thursday, Steelers linebacker James Harrison told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he would be playing on Sunday afternoon against the Jets.

“I’m great, I’m full go, I’m playing on Sunday. Run it,” Harrison said.

Bouchette ran it and then Harrison sat out yet another practice as a result of the knee injury that has kept him off the field for a long time now. Harrison made several promises that he’d be playing in the season opener at the end of August before missing that game, so we’ll just keep taking things with a grain of salt until we actually see Harrison in a uniform during a game.

Harrison’s absence isn’t the only one causing some concern around the Steelers on Thursday. Safety Troy Polamalu was also sidelined during practice because of a calf injury, which led Bouchette’s colleague Gerry Dulac to remark that he wouldn’t be surprised if both veteran defenders missed the game against the Jets.

The concern about Harrison is obviously well justified given how long he has been on the shelf. Polamalu missed many practices last season only to be on the field come the day of the game, so we’re a bit less convinced that he will be out of the lineup as the Steelers try to make good on linebacker LaMarr Woodley’s guarantee of a tie or victory.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good shot we'll be missing Revis who is the best player on both defenses so hopefully they end up missing one of their best players as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kinda WANT them out there. If we win and they weren't out there, it'll just be an easy cop out for derps like Heath Evans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Part of me hopes they miss the game, as I'll take a win any way we can get one.

Another part wants to face their best so we can know just what kind of team we have and not hear excuses if/when we win.

In the end, though, I think I'll hope for the former and deal with whatever consequences ensue . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I kinda WANT them out there. If we win and they weren't out there, it'll just be an easy cop out for derps like Heath Evans.
    Nonsense.

I couldn't give a half-baked crap what anyone says--HUGE advantage if both of them are out.

A win is a win, it's not tainted at the end of the season when they tally up the totals by virtue of what someone said about it months earlier.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Nonsense.

I couldn't give a half-baked crap what anyone says--HUGE advantage if both of them are out.

A win is a win, it's not tainted at the end of the season when they tally up the totals by virtue of what someone said about it months earlier.

_
    +1

Just get us to 2-0.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nonsense.

_
    This.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nonsense.

_
    It's not a "tainted" win, but it can still be a misleading one.

I'll have high hopes for the season if we can beat Pitt in Pitt, but the circumstances we do it under will impact how much stock I put in it . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care about any of this "beat them at their best" crap. I want wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    I want them in the game.

If the Jets are going to win the big prize, they have to beat good, complete football teams on a regular basis, and develop REAL confidence based on doing so.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post
    I want them in the game.

If the Jets are going to win the big prize, they have to beat good, complete football teams on a regular basis, and develop REAL confidence based on doing so.
    Agreed. That's why the Pats beat up on teams like the Bills and then get killed by teams like the Steelers.

In the words of Bane: "Your peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want them in the game.

Agreed. That's why the Pats beat up on teams like the Bills and then get killed by teams like the Steelers.

In the words of Bane: "Your peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you."
    You two can be hard all you want to. I say damn that.

You don't have to beat good, complete football teams until you get to the playoffs. To get to the playoffs, you need wins, not confidence.

I don't want to see this team go on a late-season tear, finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs. I want them to get enough wins now to sneak into the playoffs and THEN get hot, a la Green Bay two years ago or the Giants last year (and '07).

P.S. - Pats got crushed by the Steelers but were also a Wes Welker catch away from likely winning another SB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares what Heat "That Head" Evans has to say.

I can't get over how sensitive we have become towards the media. I'm not trying to single you out. It just seems to be the theme of the board this season.

I was born under Kotite. I can handle Heath Evans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF? The pats are 6-1 against the steelers with Brady as the qb,

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You think you don't just beat up on easier teams? lol, ok.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nonsense.

_
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't matter.

Steelers are going down. 38-17.

Period.

Regardless of whether Vidal Sasoon Paula-whatever or Rod b*tch and moan plays.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Polamalu is on the back nine. Harrison is on one leg. I hope they both play bc we will exploit them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want them in the game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You think you don't just beat up on easier teams? lol, ok.

Patman didn't comment on that. All he did was dispute your claim that the Pats "get killed by teams like the Steelers".

"lol, ok" all you want. You were dead wrong there. Admit it.