Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions....just the way I like em.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Predictions....just the way I like em.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...ts-vs-steelers

ANALYST PREDICTION WINNER
    Rich
    Cimini STEELERS 24, JETS 19
    The Jets have a lot of confidence after last week, but the Steelers have won nine straight home openers, they're getting some starters back this week and they know they can't afford an 0-2 start.
    Ian
    O'Connor STEELERS 20, JETS 16
    The Giants have had a long time to stew over their virtual no-show against Dallas, and the last thing they want to do is open defense of their title with two home losses. Expect a big game from Eli Manning and especially Victor Cruz, who wants to make good on his drops in the opener.
    Ohm
    Youngmisuk STEELERS 27, JETS 17
    Pittsburgh and the Steelers' defense proves to be much tougher than Buffalo.
    Kieran
    Darcy STEELERS 23, JETS 13
    Gang Green's offense won't look nearly as good against a highly motivated Pittsburgh defense, with the Steelers trying to avoid going 0-2.
    Jane
    McManus STEELERS 24, JETS 20
    The Jet looked great last week against the Bills. But can they do against the Steelers? Less likely.
    Stephen A.
    Smith STEELERS 27, JETS 17
    The Steelers are an angry team, and they seem ready to take it out on an offense that's not as good as they showed in Week 1.
    Ryan
    Ruocco STEELERS 24, JETS 23
    The Jets were impressive but Pittsburgh is more desperate for this win.
    Bill
    Daughtry STEELERS 24, JETS 20
    LaRon Landry says the Jets have the better defense. We'll see. It will be THAT kind of game. The Jets have never scored more that 21 points vs. the Steelers. That rule stays in play.
    Robin
    Lundberg STEELERS 20, JETS 17
    The Steelers at home will bounce back as they will get more pressure on Sanchez than the Bills. Ben Roethlisberger is no Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, love it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man I'd love to drop 30 on the steelers and throw a kiss to the haterz.

I work in downtown Pittsburgh. I NEED a win on Sunday.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steelers are an angry team? Hmm, dunno - didn't look all that ferocious against the Broncos. Jets get treated like football pariah. Emotionally, the Jets will come in there looking to prove something.

Home field still stands, but I am not buying the Steeler mystique this time around . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing like having the support of the local media....what a joke these guys are

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have never scored more that 21 points vs. the Steelers.
    Is that really true?

EDIT: A quick search proves the comment is false. In 2010, the Jets beat Pittsburgh 22-17 in Week 15.
    Last edited by parafly; 09-13-2012 at 05:46 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of them have the game as very close, which I didn't expect to see.

I think it's one that can go either way. Just hoping the offense doesn't make mistakes because if they don't turn the ball over, I love the Jets chances in this one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect. I hope the "experts" predict us to lose every game. Print these up Rex, post em in the locker room.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oconner is talking about the Giants lol. Same BS different day..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so down with being big underdogs with the media, a straight sweep of ESPN analysts picking against your team usually is enough to seal the deal, but only sunday will tell.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're 6 point dogs. Most of these predictions have it tighter than 6. Analysts should not feel obligated to pick us so as to avoid angering our homers.

If someone had it Steelers 35 Jets 10, I could see being annoyed. Nothing to see here really....

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I'm nervous about is the game being in Pitt, and home opener. Hopefully Rex can use all this crap again and keep the us against the world thing going and have em come out strong. Take the crowd out of it the best they can. For some reason he failed at that last time at Pitt.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    The only thing I'm nervous about is the game being in Pitt, and home opener.
    + they lost last week and don't want the 0-2.

I rate this even higher than the home advantage with OVER 9000 terrible towels.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachelors III View Post
    The only thing I'm nervous about is the game being in Pitt, and home opener. Hopefully Rex can use all this crap again and keep the us against the world thing going and have em come out strong. Take the crowd out of it the best they can. For some reason he failed at that last time at Pitt.
    Home opener matters for the Steelers - but it shouldn't matter for the Jets.

They have enough outside motivation to go in there with their own positive mindset rather than thinking about the fact that it's the Steeler's home opener or that the Steelers don't want to go 0-2. That stuff is the Steeler's problems - not ours.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Is that really true?

EDIT: A quick search proves the comment is false. In 2010, the Jets beat Pittsburgh 22-17 in Week 15.
    Ok. We have never scored more than 22.

Is that any better?

Not to mention we returned a kickoff in that game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Special Teams points don't count? New rules?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Special Teams points don't count? New rules?
    Not if you are pessimistic

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point spread is 6. Smells like money to me.
    Last edited by Dreamers; 09-13-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen A Smith - expert analyst??? hahahaha

- he one said that you should try to kick a game winning fg on 1st down so if you miss you get 3 more tries!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to agree with the predictions here. The Jets are going to play them tough. I think that should be pretty clear.

My problem with the Jets winning this game is what they'd have to do to win the game:

1) Keep Roethlisberger in the pocket - They didn't do a very good job of that against Buffalo.

2) SACK Roethlisberger - I think the Jets have good pass rush. I've seen enough to know they should be better at creating pressure even when they are not blitzing. Problem is, they did not show that against Buffalo. They got some pressure, sure. But they didn't even sack him.

3) Get the ground and pound going - For how great the Ol's performance was on Sunday, and it truly was great, the run blocking wasn't great. The Jets were able to run enough plays to always present that threat of a running game based on satisfactory run blocking. I don't believe that is going to fly against the Steelers. For Sanchez to be at his best (and that's what we'll need to beat the Steelers), he'll need a productive running game. I don't believe thst's going to happen this Sunday.

I state all of this knowing that it is very possible for the Jets to be good in all of those areas. It's just that new blocking on OL, new blocking schemes, new faces on defense, they all take time to develop. I don't think that happens as quickly as this Sunday.