Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Way too much optimism in here

Alright so obviously nobody on here wants to hear the whole "stop being so goddam optimistic!" posts after such a big opening week, but lets not crush the OP either.

In short he's pretty right. We are a bit overly optimistic, but as others have expressed, that's the nature of fans, and the nature of the message boards. We come on here to complain to each other when we're frustrated and get psyched when we do well (the latter always being more fun).

If the OP wants to be a little more pessimistic, fine, (maybe don't start a thread on it hoping you're going to get any support but hey, do you lol).

Lastly though, please get off the whole post count thing. I remember when I first started on this forum, and it certainly wasn't the first conception of my Jets knowledge or my opinions. I'm pretty sure we can all think of a few guys on this forum with sky-high post counts, who's posts (in our humble opinons) aren't worth their weight in cow sh!t.

...its not a basis for intelligence guys, feel free to disagree with him, but get off the post counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Alright so obviously nobody on here wants to hear the whole "stop being so goddam optimistic!" posts after such a big opening week, but lets not crush the OP either.

In short he's pretty right. We are a bit overly optimistic, but as others have expressed, that's the nature of fans, and the nature of the message boards. We come on here to complain to each other when we're frustrated and get psyched when we do well (the latter always being more fun).

If the OP wants to be a little more pessimistic, fine, (maybe don't start a thread on it hoping you're going to get any support but hey, do you lol).

Lastly though, please get off the whole post count thing. I remember when I first started on this forum, and it certainly wasn't the first conception of my Jets knowledge or my opinions. I'm pretty sure we can all think of a few guys on this forum with sky-high post counts, who's posts (in our humble opinons) aren't worth their weight in cow sh!t.

...its not a basis for intelligence guys, feel free to disagree with him, but get off the post counts.
    Good post. That's how message boards are. Had we lost last week, everyone would be predicting a Steelers win and saying we'd be lucky to win 6 games this season. Because we won by a wide margin, many now feel we're going to wax the Steelers and we're on our way to 12-4, challenging the Pats, etc.

People are way too over-reactionary. So much can change from week 1 to week 2. Just look at the Packers. 4 days removed from getting embarrassed by the Niners offense, their D comes out and completely shuts down what was thought to be a very good Bears offense after week 1.

Steelers are a consistently strong team year in and year out and have done it with the same group of core players. We have also been a very inconsistent offense under Rex, capable of a strong performance one week followed by a no-show the next. That didn't all change 100% because of the results last week. I don't see a problem with this "warning" thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's funny how when there's a few overly optimistic posters, it suddenly turns into the WHOLE BOARD is overly optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post

The only problem I see with the post counts is that with no pre-existing reputation, you'll only get lumped into the kind of poster that you're representing.

The OP is already dubbed SAR 4.0 by the tone of his threads.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post
    Not surprising after the summer of angst...

But seriously folks, week one is almost never a good indicator of the next 15, much less 19-20.

Jets still have OLB questions, two new safety's who the book is still out on longevity-wise if nothing else, a real young and inexperienced DL and still have very much to prove on offense.

Wisdom dictates temperance.

But maybe this board isn't the place for wisdom???
    You may want to consider getting your own blog instead of cluttering up this board?