Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Way too much optimism in here

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post
    Not surprising after the summer of angst...

But seriously folks, week one is almost never a good indicator of the next 15, much less 19-20.

Jets still have OLB questions, two new safety's who the book is still out on longevity-wise if nothing else, a real young and inexperienced DL and still have very much to prove on offense.

Wisdom dictates temperance.

But maybe this board isn't the place for wisdom???
    Nice try Scott!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the offs-

Oh wait.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

But seriously folks, week one is almost never a good indicator of the next 15, much less 19-20.

Jets still have OLB questions, two new safety's who the book is still out on longevity-wise if nothing else, a real young and inexperienced DL and still have very much to prove on offense.

Wise people don't make holier then thou statements or assumptions about others they don't know. Oh and by the way it is a JETS football site inhabited by JETS fans I guess we should not be happy about winning.

Also look around the site and you'll find plenty of posts about potential deficiencies the team possesses.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So, week 1 isn't a good indicator of the next 15.......... BUT, somehow, what happened last year, at the end of the season, is a GOOD indicator of where THIS TEAM is?

There is an old saying, oh wise-man, that goes, "You're only as good as your last game". Well, last game, the Jets were very good. I don't see anyone going over the top with SB predictions. But, why the hell is there a problem with being optimistic? Optimism is a belief that good things will happen..... there shouldn't be a problem with fans believing that there team will do well. Does everyone have to wait for the sky to fall?

You can NEVER have TOO MUCH optimism.
    Last edited by Laxman; 09-13-2012 at 08:10 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't we just be happy that the Jets stuck it to all of the critics sunday? After hearing all offseason about how the Jets are a dysfunctional circus I am damn proud of the way the Jets played on sunday. I think the majority of us realize we are a long way from being a juggernaut no need for the killjoy thread.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And here I thought SAR had worst post of the year all locked up...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Go away, old man.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Wisdom dictates . . .
    SOJF:'Not Winning Unless We're Losing'

DUMP

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    The man brings up a valid point.

After all you can not overstate how important some postings on a fan board are in the upcoming game.

I mean, the feelings of fans is probably the number 1 or 2 determining factor in the outcome of any sporting event. The importance is only magnified if you post those feelings on a forum.

You guys need to learn your football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Walt isn't a Jets fan... I thought in another post he implied he was either a Bills fan or a Steelers fan - I forgot which...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    After the pre-season I approached the season as cautiously optimistic. I was happy with the Bills game, but there were some flaws in the offense in the second half.

I am going to stick with the same approach until the team proves that they are a elite team. To be a elite team, they need to knock off the patsies in a business as usual manner, which means beating them in a game that is extremely emotional and be ready to beat the next opponent.

We have seen the Jets beat them, but always flat the next week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    so after 8 months of mostly gloom and doom, sky is falling forecasts for the Jets from the media "experts" and the "realists" here at JI

and after virtually all of the above predicted they would be worse than those improving Bills, what with the addition of the great Mario Williams and all

the Jets go out on the field and apply a thumping of major proportions to those same Bills in week one

and here is Walt condemning optimism by Jet fans

thanks Walt

don't rush with post number 19

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    so after 8 months of mostly gloom and doom, sky is falling forecasts for the Jets from the media "experts" and the "realists" here at JI

and after virtually all of the above predicted they would be worse than those improving Bills, what with the addition of the great Mario Williams and all

the Jets go out on the field and apply a thumping of major proportions to those same Bills in week one

and here is Walt condemning optimism by Jet fans

thanks Walt

don't rush with post number 19
    Oh ****, something's wrong. I'm in agreement with SG3

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post

After all you can not overstate how important some postings on a fan board are in the upcoming game.

I mean, the feelings of fans is probably the number 1 or 2 determining factor in the outcome of any sporting event. The importance is only magnified if you post those feelings on a forum.

lol.

Thank heavens for Walt sharing his wisdom with us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post

Yes, that and fans looking ahead to games down the road.

Do you know what effect we, as fans, have on blowing easy games when we look ahead on the schedule?

And then have the audacity to DISCUSS it here?

We have to root ONE GAME AT A TIME or we're going to blow some games.

I could easily see the Jets losing to Miami if we start discussing San Fran next week.

We need to focus.

_

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

get a life dude

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    You're right

but I don't want to hear any of that BS right now. We had to sit through 9 long months of people crapping all over our favorite team. I've gotten every ounce of enjoyment out of this week that I possibly could.

We've got a rough stretch ahead of us before we reach the easy part of the schedule. You might wish you'd have enjoyed this week a little more.
    This.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Yes, that and fans looking ahead to games down the road.

Do you know what effect we, as fans, have on blowing easy games when we look ahead on the schedule?

And then have the audacity to DISCUSS it here?

We have to root ONE GAME AT A TIME or we're going to blow some games.

I could easily see the Jets losing to Miami if we start discussing San Fran next week.

We need to focus.

_
    I'd like to know what 'Tone thinks.

But that's probably confidential.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You must be a lot of fun at parties oh wise one. You have absolutely nothing to do with the team, so what exactly will temperance do for you except boor the hell out of everyone you come in contact with? Just looking for a few more pearls. Can never get enough wisdom.