Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Way too much optimism in here

Way too much optimism in here

Not surprising after the summer of angst...

But seriously folks, week one is almost never a good indicator of the next 15, much less 19-20.

Jets still have OLB questions, two new safety's who the book is still out on longevity-wise if nothing else, a real young and inexperienced DL and still have very much to prove on offense.

Wisdom dictates temperance.

But maybe this board isn't the place for wisdom???

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice thread, dump.

All Pro
    solid 18th post.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post

Yes it does...in life.

When it comes to this team, I'm a fan. As in fanatic. That means I'm allowed to go irrationally nuts when my team wins, and then equally irrational when they lose. I'm all full of temperance in the offseason, but when the helmets start flying that goes out the window.

The answer to your last question is yes.

Veteran
    Usually the board is full of pessimism, so I'm enjoying this moment of optimism (until the first loss).

Walt going hard for the SAR award.

But seriously folks, week one is almost never a good indicator of the next 15, much less 19-20.

Jets still have OLB questions, two new safety's who the book is still out on longevity-wise if nothing else, a real young and inexperienced DL and still have very much to prove on offense.

Wisdom, temperance? Don't expect it. This board is the place to be outraged that New York media are picking the Steelers to beat us by a FG.

I like how we looked in week 1. But we aren't SB favorites just yet. Steelers did look beatable and I think we're a very live underdog in this game. I'm definitely excited for the game

Hall Of Fame
    Too much optimism or too much overconfidence?

All League
    Last week, at this time, there was way too much pessimism.

So I guess it evens out.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    sojf

bet jet!

Jets Insider VIP
    Apparently, the angst is still there for you.

great point

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Last week, at this time, there was way too much pessimism.

So I guess it evens out.
    Over the years I've found that the perceptions of Jets fans are a great contrary indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Yes it does...in life.

When it comes to this team, I'm a fan. As in fanatic. That means I'm allowed to go irrationally nuts when my team wins, and then equally irrational when they lose. I'm all full of temperance in the offseason, but when the helmets start flying that goes out the window.

The answer to your last question is yes.
    Solid post...

Jets Insider VIP

Thank you. Now go away!

You're right

but I don't want to hear any of that BS right now. We had to sit through 9 long months of people crapping all over our favorite team. I've gotten every ounce of enjoyment out of this week that I possibly could.

We've got a rough stretch ahead of us before we reach the easy part of the schedule. You might wish you'd have enjoyed this week a little more.

Please change your name to '19 posts' ...

Jet fans are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Please change your name to '19 posts' ...

With 19 posts you claim to have it all figured out?

It's called "guarded optimism", you should try it some time. This site provides a lot of everyone. Everyone from the Sold Out Jets fans down to the more reasonable and objective ones down to the Same Old Jets fans.

For you to show up and claim we don't know what we are doing is not for you to say.

The vast majority on this site found last Sunday to be a great win. They found it to be a huge relief. With all the criticism leveled against the team, they witnessed quite the opposite last Sunday. That leaves them with optimism that the Jets can actually compete. No more, no less.

Stop trying to tell us how to root for our own team. We'll figure that out for ourselves.