Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traffic tickets

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGreen View Post
    Has any one seen this situation and have any advice here?

Long story short: East Windsor, NJ. My wife gets pulled over for speeding (71 in a 55), gives the cop license, insurance, registration. Cop is cool and lets her off for the speeding, writes a ticket for no seat belt (she was wearing it but welcomed minor ticket as he says a fine only no points, no court appearance). Good deal. A few days later, letter from court arrives citing mandatory appearance for 4 tickets - careless driving, speeding, seatbelt, no insurance card.

Officer only handed her the one ticket and clearly said that was all he was writing up. Anyone else hear of a cop telling driver one thing and then turning in multiple other violations. Especially when the seatbelt and insurance card were never violations to begin with?
    This doesn't make sense. Two things: (1) generally, in NJ, cops do not let you off doing 71 in a 55. Typically, they give you the speeding ticket and when you come to court they will convert it to another violation with no points as part of a deal, especially if you have a clean record (I won't get into the statutory citations they use for the deal); (2) you don't get a notice "a few days later" after you just got the speeding ticket. You get the first notice in the mail if and when you fail to appear for the originally scheduled court date on the ticket. These facts don't add up. More to the story.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 09-15-2012 at 12:31 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    This doesn't make sense. Two things: (1) generally, in NJ, cops do not let you off doing 71 in a 55. Typically, they give you the speeding ticket and when you come to court they will convert it to another violation with no points as part of a deal, especially if you have a clean record (I won't get into the statutory citations they use for the deal); (2) you don't get a notice "a few days later" after you just got the speeding ticket. You get the first notice in the mail if and when you fail to appear for the originally scheduled court date on the ticket. These facts don't add up. More to the story.
    Thank you. That's what I've been saying. And AG has now disappeared, taking the truth with him....

I think we all agree that she's cheating on him.

i was looking to get a cheaper insurance rate from NJ manufacturers a few months ago, and i had 5 seatbelt tix on my driving record over the past like 2 1/2 yrs, and even though they are not points, NJ manufacturers using them to rate and quote you a price. i dodnt know if they all do, but i didnt know they use seatbelt tix. total BS if you ask me.

Jets Insider VIP
    those guys must be old. Steve Winwood must be what...70-75 years old?

Practice Squad
    so here's the latest...we stop by police station today and speak to officer as he is changing shifts. He remembers wife (recalls speeding stop, two cute kids in back, let off with seatbelt violation only). He reviews his ticket book, sees the next incident after my wife's was in response to an accident where he cited another woman for the three other offenses. Coincidentally, other woman has same first name and middle inital, so police clerk didn't read tix closely and entered all in computer under wife's name. Officer is going to notify admin staff of error, and hopefully this is done with minor damage to our insurance costs

All League
    So this whole thread was the result of a clerical error? Kill the *****!!!!

Sure....blame the clerk.

I still say fight in in court.

All League
    Right, we've all heard that line before - "no, I swear I wasn't polishing his knob. It was a clerical error!".

Wake up and smell the coffee, bro!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Right, we've all heard that line before - "no, I swear I wasn't polishing his knob. It was a clerical error!".

Wake up and smell the coffee, bro!
    Someone had to say it?