Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic tickets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Yeah, the reducing the charge stuff, that sounds really shady to me. It's one thing a cop deciding to let you off, or even fudging the numbers (reducing 68 mph to 58 mph). But writing you up as guilty for an offense you are not guilty of, even if it is simply intended to reduce your fine, man that's lying on the official record, a potentially career-ending offense. I can't imagine a cawp with half a brain suggesting it unless he had no choice. But maybe I don't know.
    You are correct that cops have discretion whether or not to write a citation. What I do not understand is why he simply didn't let her go with a verbal warning if he decided not to whack her for speeding/reckless driving.

I don't live in NJ so I'm not sure whether the operator is required to sign the cite to acknowledge receipt. If his wife has a signed copy with just the seatbelt violation I don't see how it will go anywhere at court.

It is possible that this guy is simply a snake who does the same thing to all motorists to avoid being b!tched at on scene. However that practice would easily be exposed if enough people complained and the brass audtied his cites.

Must be more to the story here...

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    All cops are nice.

We discussed this in another thread. Pay your fines or else cops won't come to help you while you're being attacked by thugs and miscreants.

I love cops.
    This guy gets it.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 09-14-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGreen View Post
    Well, I don't argue that the speeding was true, and other serches do suggest they can hit you for careless driving when speed 15+ the limit. That alone seems like doubling down on the tickets. Our issue is the cop just wrote the one ticket
    That will be a good number of points, and bump on insurance I would go with a lawyer have the prosecutor knock it down it will be worth the money if true.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    All cops are nice.

We discussed this in another thread. Pay your fines or else cops won't come to help you while you're being attacked by thugs and miscreants.

I love cops.

People suck, cops suck.

There is no god, play your drums.

Yaaay

-

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the signed ticket with only one infraction, send it back not guilty. Then it might even be dismissed. Otherwise, go to court, and say "look, here it is. Only one infraction." and you should get sent on your way to the clerk to pay for that one infraction.

Makes no sense they'd send you a letter a few days later, either. I've never heard of that, ever. Sounds like some information is missing from the story. And what was your wife doing out at 2:30am speeding?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    If you have the signed ticket with only one infraction, send it back not guilty. Then it might even be dismissed. Otherwise, go to court, and say "look, here it is. Only one infraction." and you should get sent on your way to the clerk to pay for that one infraction.

Makes no sense they'd send you a letter a few days later, either. I've never heard of that, ever. Sounds like some information is missing from the story. And what was your wife doing out at 2:30am speeding?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post

In Nj you either have a mandatory appearance, send the check and take the penalties concede, or go fight it optional.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All cops are nice.

I love cops.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the reducing the charge stuff, that sounds really shady to me. It's one thing a cop deciding to let you off, or even fudging the numbers (reducing 68 mph to 58 mph). But writing you up as guilty for an offense you are not guilty of, even if it is simply intended to reduce your fine, man that's lying on the official record, a potentially career-ending offense. I can't imagine a cawp with half a brain suggesting it unless he had no choice. But maybe I don't know.
    Happened to me driving to Vermont. Doing about 70 mph in a 55. Cop pulls me over. See's I have the family with me and gives me a ticket for seat belt violation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Happened to me driving to Vermont. Doing about 70 mph in a 55. Cop pulls me over. See's I have the family with me and gives me a ticket for seat belt violation.
    So you were wearing your seat belt and he wrote up a ticket saying you weren't?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Quit your *****ing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a mistake. Match the citation number to the one on your letter.

Or, call your local plumber. I'm sure he can help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So you were wearing your seat belt and he wrote up a ticket saying you weren't?
    That is correct. Lesser fine, no points. Basically its his way of doing you a favor and he still gets to write a ticket and meet his quota.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    So he cut you a break because you were speeding with your kids in the car?

I kid, I kid.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    In many small depts, the D.A./Judge does it in court...the cop usually has nothing to do with it. Its fugazy, but it happens. "Plead to an equipment violation and pay fiddy bucks....." is normal....Having cops write up stuff in the field and telling the motorist that it would be reduced......sounds unusual to say the least.

Huge corruption issue.
    Am I missing something here? I thought this stuff goes on all the time. I got pulled over speeding on the Mass Pike going 81 in a 65. The cop was a decent guy and only gave us a ticket for the fuzzy dice (that my wife thought was funny to get at the car wash the week before) hanging in the rear view mirror for creating "a rear facing shadow in the cawkpit of the cah"

No points and a fine of $40 or so. Granted, it was technically a violation as well, but he pulled us over for the speeding.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Although what's happened to you hasn't happened to any of us, I advise you to fight it in court.

We're standing by ready to offer legal advice.

Don't take any of the judges guff and let him know you're a ****ing taxpayer!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cops gonna cop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Although what's happened to you hasn't happened to any of us, I advise you to fight it in court.

We're standing by ready to offer legal advice.

Don't take any of the judges guff and let him know you're a ****ing taxpayer!
    This is very sound advice. Tell the judge he talks like a fag and his shiitz all retarded...works like a charm.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    In CO you have to sign the citation, probably Jersey too acknowledging the charges against you.
    P

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    I love that you posted one of my all time favorite Tom Green acts. Now, we have to make a new thread that fits Tom Green's "where's my effing dinner" beating of the wife statue that he put on his parents lawn.