Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thursday night football sucks, especially this early in the season...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'd hate to see that. I believe it's U.S. sport. I understand the $ aspect, but I am not in the bandwagon to expand past our borders.
    Are there no trade caluses in the NFL? If i'm a star player with leverage i'd have that in my contract. Noway would I want to be traded to a team in another country.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I'm okay with a permanent team in London. Just as long it's in the NFC West.
    LOL. You can only fly west past the International Date Line to get there. You'll get a time machine too.

"Panthers 47 hour flight to London to play the Cardinals, 4 stops"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd hate to see that. I believe it's U.S. sport. I understand the $ aspect, but I am not in the bandwagon to expand past our borders.
    But that goes directly against Goodell's philosophy.

He is hell bent on globalizing the NFL.

Wait until 2025 when the Jets open the season at the Beijing Dragons.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have heard the same.

I think Thursday, Sunday and Monday is a nice way to go about it. I like what they are doing. Bringing more content to the fans.

The NFL London games are what needs to go. NFL Europe failed and the London game was created to appease the fans in Europe. NFL is an American sport. Can't play games every week if you are going to be international.
    The London game is not to appease anyone but the nfl owners. And to give one team that is not drawing well at home a big pay day with a 60-40 split in a 105,000 seat stadium with premium pricing.

I am ok with the Thursday matchup as long as the league does take into consideration travel for the visiting team. Yesterday was a great example of doing it well a 2 hour bus trip, same with Pats/jets a 4 hour trip for the pats.
    or at least not the 2nd game of a 2 game road trip.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    But that goes directly against Goodell's philosophy.

He is hell bent on globalizing the NFL.

Wait until 2025 when the Jets open the season at the Beijing Dragons.
    A good thread would be to pick nicknames for potential foreign city NFL teams.

The Paris Croissants.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

The Paris Croissants.
    Tehran Whackjobs

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Tehran Whackjobs
    LOL. I also like Tehran Isotopes.

Kabul Goatfarmers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The Paris Croissants.
    Manila Teen Age Girls.

Manila Tags for short.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Manila Teen Age Girls.

Manila Tags for short.
    LOL. Terrible!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bangkok Gamecocks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Italy Tortellini's

Chad Pennington = Heach Coach

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mykonos Rainbows.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The NFL better wake up, the NFL product on Thursdays is horrible, these teams are not recovered from the previous week, and it's only week 2, these teams are still getting their regular season legs under them, execution and game plans are still being integrated, chemistry and timing is still off, these games do nothing for the game.

Player safety is also at further risk, these players just are just not ready to play at an optimum level. Defenses dominate because offenses aren't in sync with the game plans since they don't have a lot of time to prepare.

Wake up Goodell.

I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with you on something. Well said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just reanimate my beloved Rhein Fire from the NFL Europe.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regardless of impact on play that may or may not be an issue, I'm personally not a fan of adding Thursday night in the mix permanently. I like to consume my football in mass on Sunday's with a little dessert on Monday. For me NFL football on Thursday is an afterthought and that doesn't feel right. maybe in time it will change. Between work and life, dedicating my Sundays to the NFL is hard enough. I watched last night but not like I watch games on Sunday or Monday even. I also don't like fewer games to watch at 4pm.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The Paris Croissants.
    They've already forfeited their inaugural season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    But it makes more sense late in the season when everybody is beat to crap and the 8 year vets don't stop being sore until Friday? These guys are fresh now. They have also have a month of camp, pre-season games, and OTAs. if they aren't ready, it's on them.
    Exactly, agreed.

Unbelievable that some decided to bash the thread instead of the points...

I don't care how bad the Bears looked last night, they would look a lot better with a full week of preparation, especially this early in the season.

I don't mind the Thursday games later in the year, when teams are playing better and better polished.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I think what Ray is trying to say is that his mom won't let him stay up to watch it on a school night
    This must be the example patman was talking about when he wanted more adult level behavior...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thursday night football for the entire season stinks. Its just a bad day for them to play, these guys are all about schedules and then this. The level of play is a like a week # 3 pre-season and it gets worse as the year goes on. I would rather have another 4pm game but if the NFL wants a game for the NFL Network, then do what they did week # 1. Play a 7 & 10 game on Monday so guys like me can watch a night game. I get up at 5am and on the road by 5:30 and drive to Poughkeepsie everyday. I can't watch any night games except the Jets where I schedule a day off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    TX is correct

there is a longstanding NFL policy of no games on Friday night or on Saturdays until the last few weeks when the NCAA regular season is concluded. They don't want to mess with the wonderful FREE farm system provided by these sources of talent. After all, baseball and hockey have to pay millions to support a minor league system