Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday night football sucks, especially this early in the season...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Thursday night football sucks, especially this early in the season...

The NFL better wake up, the NFL product on Thursdays is horrible, these teams are not recovered from the previous week, and it's only week 2, these teams are still getting their regular season legs under them, execution and game plans are still being integrated, chemistry and timing is still off, these games do nothing for the game.

Player safety is also at further risk, these players just are just not ready to play at an optimum level. Defenses dominate because offenses aren't in sync with the game plans since they don't have a lot of time to prepare.

Wake up Goodell.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next week should be interesting...Giants at Carolina

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    what sucks is that you have to pay to watch it. Everyday man is screwed.

It's just WRONG!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of fan complains about more nationally televised games? Bears o-line has no excuse to play that poorly, I don't care if it was 1 day rest. And Cutler is a 7 year veteran, he has no business forcing a couple of the throws he did. Green Bay's D seemed to execute just fine.

DUMP this thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair, this game had the potential to be good. Unfortunately, it turned into complete comedy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree that Thursday is a little early for teams to prepare after Sunday, but I can't just refuse another night of the week with NFL. A Friday game would make more sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    What kind of fan complains about more nationally televised games? Bears o-line has no excuse to play that poorly, I don't care if it was 1 day rest. And Cutler is a 7 year veteran, he has no business forcing a couple of the throws he did. Green Bay's D seemed to execute just fine.

DUMP this thread

Did you bother to read?

Your entire post completely ignores the premise of this thread. Yeah, the oline struggled, the Bears offense struggled, even the Packers offense wasn't that great, the overall quality of play was bad, and it had a LOT to do with the season still beimg young, teams still getting their regular season legs, still integrating and polishing up the quality of their systems, execution is bad, and mostly on offense. Defenses are always ahead of the defense early in the season, this is a statistica and logical fact. Offenses for the most part always come out a little slow due to the excessive number of moving parts, execution, timing, etc.

Cutler played bad because everything was just off or execution was a mess. They played very well last week. A lot of this IMO is more than likely due to players not being recovered from the previous week, and having a short week of practice to prepare for the new opponent.

Jesus, next time READ the damn thread, and comprehend.

DUMP YOU!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-14-2012 at 12:14 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a fan, I love it. Cable TV is horrible these days, so it's great to come home to a game that counts before the weekend.

But I tend to agree with the premise here - I never want to see the Jets playing in one of these games, especially early. Anyone who thinks Green Bay's home field advantage didn't help them even further in a game on a short week this early in the season is fooling themselves.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Bears o-line has no excuse to play that poorly, I don't care if it was 1 day rest.
    Jets fans who undervalue D'Brick needed to watch this game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Short rest wasn't the problem for the Bears. They were just as bad against the Giants on Sunday Night Football 2 years ago.

Actually, they were worse. They allowed 10 sacks and got 2 quarterbacks knocked out of the game. Their offensive line isn't terrible week in and week out, but there will be 4 or 5 dreadful performances each year, and there will usually be at least one of these "don't block anybody" games.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And that was two years ago, a lifetime in the nfl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    As for the Packers offense....they were playing the Bears and they didn't look good against the 49ers in Week 1 (an excellent defense). It's not surprising that they've come down from the heights they achieved last year. That level of offensive execution was not sustainable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Did you bother to read?

Your entire post completely ignores the premise of this thread. Yeah, the oline struggled, the Bears offense struggled, even the Packers offense wasn't that great, the overall quality of play was bad, and it had a LOT to do with the season still beimg young, teams still getting their regular season legs, still integrating and polishing up the quality of their systems, execution is bad, and mostly on offense. Defenses are always ahead of the defense early in the season, this is a statistica and logical fact. Offenses for the most part always come out a little slow due to the excessive number of moving parts, execution, timing, etc.

Cutler played bad because everything was just off or execution was a mess. They played very well last week. A lot of this IMO is more than likely due to players not being recovered from the previous week, and having a short week of practice to prepare for the new opponent.

Jesus, next time READ the damn thread, and comprehend.

DUMP YOU!
    I bothered to read the original post and

STILL DUMPWORTHY

more NFL football the better

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is anyone else bothered by this "Hey, Ho, let's go"-Song. Just terrible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by this "Hey, Ho, let's go"-Song. Just terrible.
    This is the only thing I did not enjoy.

I have zero problem with having an NFL game every Thursday. Plus it actually makes it fair as every team has to go through the short week once.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Packers now have 10 days till the next game, so this more than a decent compensation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I bothered to read the original post and

STILL DUMPWORTHY

more NFL football the better

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a football fan that thinks about sunday starting tuesday, thursday night games shorten the week so i love it, but i see where you are coming from.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If execution, game plans and chemistry are the problems it doesn't matter if the game was thursday or 3 days later.

Yes offenses come out of the gate slow but what day of the week it is doesn't matter. Guys were ready phsyically just maybe not mentally and 3 days won't change that.

DUMP!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Cutler played bad because he has proven to be inconsistent and vastly overrated.