Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

Thread: LaRon "SMASH" Landry says Jets' D better than Steelers' D

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly, when the Jets give up large chunks of yardage it is considered "garbage time", but when other teams do the exact same thing, Jets fans claim the defense sucks.
    Please go pull your first half yardage totals from last season...

    Thankee

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    In the current nfl, holding any qb under 200 yards is a huge accomplishment.
    What about the additional 195 yards rushing on top of the passing yardage?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Please go pull your first half yardage totals from last season...

    Thankee
    Actually, that would be a very interesting statistic.

    Too much work though.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Are you seriously sure you want to go with that one?
    Never said he wasn't a good player. Just that it serves no purpose to thump your chest before a big game to the media. Evidence of a multi-million dollar talent with a 10 cent head IMO.

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Gotta hand it to him. He's fitting in fast. Mouthing off in public instead of letting his play do the talking on the field. I mean really, why go there? What purpose does it serve? I guess that's why the saying is, "Talk Like A Jet".
    Ask Fred Jackson about his play doing the talking on the field.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have cautious optimism about Laron. I hope he stays healthy this season, and we get to prove who's the better D on Sunday.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Actually, that would be a very interesting statistic.

    Too much work though.
    Please don't tell me you think your secondary is even close to what the jets have? Nevermind the whole defense which I do see the patriots making strides and finally hitting on some draft picks but it's not even close. You patriot homo trolls are a joke.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly, when the Jets give up large chunks of yardage it is considered "garbage time", but when other teams do the exact same thing, Jets fans claim the defense sucks.
    I love you guys (no homo).

  9. #29
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly, when the Jets give up large chunks of yardage it is considered "garbage time", but when other teams do the exact same thing, Jets fans claim the defense sucks.
    But the Pats D did suck, at least in the last few years. Seriously, it wasn't just garbage time yields. Even by sabermetrics it was shown that the Pats D sucked.

    This is a new year, so we'll see what happens.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Exactly, when the Jets give up large chunks of yardage it is considered "garbage time", but when other teams do the exact same thing, Jets fans claim the defense sucks.
    Yeah, but the Pats D objectively sucked by any measurement last season. 32nd in the league. The Jets rarely give up large chunks of yardage under Rex. That is an aberration, when the Pats do it, it is the norm. You should watch more football, it'll help you understand the game better. If you're confused, don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help....

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Please don't tell me you think your secondary is even close to what the jets have? Nevermind the whole defense which I do see the patriots making strides and finally hitting on some draft picks but it's not even close. You patriot homo trolls are a joke.
    Have I ever said that?

    Pats secondary is still the weak link of that defense.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Came in here looking for some actual discussion about what Landry said but instead it's just a troll fest...

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Have I ever said that?

    Pats secondary is still the weak link of that defense.
    I watched the entire game, TX. Hightower looks like the real deal.

    Jones is going to have trouble against teams with stronger, more athletic tackles, but in a couple of years I can see him as a 12-16 sack player.

    The LBs looked faster than last year. The secondary looks just as bad.

    I've never been a fan of Jake Locker, even from his days at Washington, so a better test of the secondary against a stronger offense.

  14. #34
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    644
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you are playing comeback football for basically 3.5 quarters of the game... 195 yards PASSING is impressive. TX... This might be one of the best troll jabs you've thrown yet.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    The three levels and advantages

    D-line: Jets.
    LBers: Steelers
    Secondary: Steelers but by a bit.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,971
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The three levels and advantages

    D-line: Jets.
    LBers: Steelers
    Secondary: Steelers but by a bit.
    Steelers' secondary is a liability, minus Polamalu, who isn't the Polamalu of 2 years ago, IMO.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Never said he wasn't a good player. Just that it serves no purpose to thump your chest before a big game to the media. Evidence of a multi-million dollar talent with a 10 cent head IMO.
    In general I agree with your basic position that talk like this serves no real purpose and has significant downside risk for the player and the team doing the talking. My issue was with the specific "...instead of letting his play do the talking on the field" comment which was ill considered at best or possibly uninformed.

    ...Or if you prefer, "a load of bollocks" which is how my old man would have characterized it.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Gotta hand it to him. He's fitting in fast. Mouthing off in public instead of letting his play do the talking on the field. I mean really, why go there? What purpose does it serve? I guess that's why the saying is, "Talk Like A Jet".
    Because he's not some kind of whacko, paranoid moron who thinks saying he feels his D is better than another team makes one iota difference in the grand scheme of things?

    The Jets D is all talk? Is that what the nimrods who follow the tight lipped pats think?

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may be in the minority but I like what he said considering he's one of the new guys. The defense lost their swagger last season and they're trying to get it back..

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I watched the entire game, TX. Hightower looks like the real deal.

    Jones is going to have trouble against teams with stronger, more athletic tackles, but in a couple of years I can see him as a 12-16 sack player.

    The LBs looked faster than last year. The secondary looks just as bad.

    I've never been a fan of Jake Locker, even from his days at Washington, so a better test of the secondary against a stronger offense.
    New safeties (Wilson and Gregory) seem improved to this observer, but it wouldn't take much to be better than last year's Ihedigbo, Brown, Barrett dung pile.

    Otherwise agree 100% with your assessment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us