Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gangnam style

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
    Who will be first player in the league to break out the dance after a touchdown?
    i think someone did last week

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    have you visited the hands-free extraction thread?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    the chicks are blazing... with that said that was one of the funniest things i have ever seen. iwas rolling from start to finish

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    So this is the first time I have seen this video, and I am yet to be impressed. I don't know what all the hype is about.

There is pretty of ****ing crazy stupid crap from Japan, Korea, and Thailand out there....dont know why this one took off.

:shakes_cane:
    Actually, in Thailand, convicts are doing a synchronized routine of this

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So there is an article in the current Atlantic that explains (for those of us who don't speak Korean) what's going on in the Gangnam Style video. First off, Gangnam it turns out is a toney section of Seoul with lots of rich kids, trust-fund type rich kids who have a rep for thinking of themselves as hip/cool/elite/etc. So a lot of the video is actually poking fun at them and their pomposity. When you're watching the video and thinking, "Why is he acting like he thinks he's cool when he's acting so gay?" well, that's the statement Psy (the artist) is making (soft, rich faggots full of themselves). Not so complicated (or even original) but still a great video. For an English speaking parallel, see the Offspring's treatment of middle class suburban white kids in their "Pretty Fly" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY2Qcu5i2A

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    So there is an article in the current Atlantic that explains (for those of us who don't speak Korean) what's going on in the Gangnam Style video. First off, Gangnam it turns out is a toney section of Seoul with lots of rich kids, trust-fund type rich kids who have a rep for thinking of themselves as hip/cool/elite/etc. So a lot of the video is actually poking fun at them and their pomposity. When you're watching the video and thinking, "Why is he acting like he thinks he's cool when he's acting so gay?" well, that's the statement Psy (the artist) is making (soft, rich faggots full of themselves). Not so complicated (or even original) but still a great video. For an English speaking parallel, see the Offspring's treatment of middle class suburban white kids in their "Pretty Fly" video.
    I've seen Psy on American TV since this went international, and I don't think he is acting. He seems like a complete doosh.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I've seen Psy on American TV since this went international, and I don't think he is acting. He seems like a complete doosh.
    Then it's settled: Korean Satire.

Ladies and Gennelmen, the great Kim Chee!