Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's set the record straight

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's set the record straight

1. Nobody wants the Jets to succeed more than me. Nobody! I love Rex, and I even tend to like the GM.
    2. Your volume of posts on this forum does not give you any level of authority nor does it speak to your knowledge of the Jets or the NFL in general.
    3. I am not a Bills fan or a Steelers fan nor do I post under any other name on this forum.
    4. This is a public forum, not your private club with your friends.

When a group of men come together to build something they must do so in a serious manner, recognizing their failings first and foremost and patting themselves on the back rarely if ever.

When a different group of men post statements like:
    "The AFC playoff field is already set"
    "The Jets Powerhouse offense will light up the struggling Pitt Defense"
    "BIG BEN vs Jets DL = Here come the SACKS!!!"

It is just irrational.

Put down the kool-aid gentlemen. Enjoy the victories, absolutely. Look forward to challenging contests. Improve on your weaknesses and highlight your strengths. But don't shout down the voices that point out the reality of your situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get a life dude.

DUMP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES!!!!!
    First one in for this one....this ought to be GOOD.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I read 'look forward to challenging contests' I immediately thought 'riveting tale chap'...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DAMN YOU RUBY2 for being a split second faster!

Oh Well....still have a good seat to watch this unfold.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Get a life dude.

DUMP
    Why?

Because an objective and rationale Jets fan starts a thread about reality in the NFL?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why?

Because an objective and rationale Jets fan starts a thread about reality in the NFL?
    No.

Because he can voice his concerns in those individual threads.

No need to spam the board like this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This didn't need it's own thread. You could have pontificated in your other one. It's still alive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may be right, you may be wrong. But this is the internet and it works this way. Just deal with it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post
    1. Nobody wants the Jets to succeed more than me. Nobody! I love Rex, and I even tend to like the GM.
    2. Your volume of posts on this forum does not give you any level of authority nor does it speak to your knowledge of the Jets or the NFL in general.
    3. I am not a Bills fan or a Steelers fan nor do I post under any other name on this forum.

When a group of men come together to build something they must do so in a serious manner, recognizing their failings first and foremost and patting themselves on the back rarely if ever.

It is just irrational.

Put down the kool-aid gentlemen. Enjoy the victories, absolutely. Look forward to challenging contests. Improve on your weaknesses and highlight your strengths. But don't shout down the voices that point out the reality of your situation.
    I know a guy who is a bigger Jets fan than you and who wants them to win more than you do

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

It is just irrational.

Thanks for setting the record straight. We were about to call the authorites to figure out if you were in fact a Bills fan.

Scuse me for a sec, need to cancel the Amber alert.

And as far as wanting the Jets to succeed, I hope you have a PSL AND a Jets tatoo....if you don't, there are far more committed fans than yourself. Prolly also need a cape and a had fashioned into an actual Jet before you can make your claims.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

It is just irrational.

I love how some people think "realistic" has to equal "pessimistic".

Please explain to me why the fact that the Steelers haven't gone 0-2 since 2002 is more important than the fact that the Jets have beaten them the last two regular season games they played there, and with a few more minutes might have pulled out the playoff game.

Please explain why our "shortcomings" have to be remembered, but Pitt's (who currently have even more) get to be downplayed?

Please explain why we should expect Hill to have a harder time this week, when he's likely going against a CB with less talent than Gilmore?

Please explain why our OL is going to have a tougher time than theirs, when there's wasn't strong to begin with and injuries have riddled even further?

I don't know what's going to happen Sunday, and haven't made any posts to imply I do. But it is frustrating when people bring up legitimate reasons on a JETS MESSAGE BOARD why we can/should win, and they're shot down because they're not thinking negatively enough . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It is just irrational.

Agreed, I do not read this board nearly as much as I used tobecause of the reasons you mentioned. It has gotten considerably worse over the past year or so. And I'm sure I don't know anything about the Jets because I have not yet made it to 10,000 posts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    yep, this deserved a new thread

package this with the other killjoy thread and proceed straight to the dumpster

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrochwa View Post
    And I'm sure I don't know anything about the Jets because I have not yet made it to 10,000 posts.
    That criteria is waived if you purchased PSL's.

Ask SAR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't we all just get along?!?!?!?

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/im...FHaE3ZQ345M8Mw

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrochwa View Post
    Agreed, I do not read this board nearly as much as I used tobecause of the reasons you mentioned. It has gotten considerably worse over the past year or so. And I'm sure I don't know anything about the Jets because I have not yet made it to 10,000 posts.
    It's funny how powerful perspective is.

I agree 100% that this site has gotten worse recently, but because of all the "Rex is a joke", "Tanny is a bean-counter", "we'll be lucky to win 5 games", "I hope Tebow dies in a plane crash" crowd. If you are in this category, then thank you for not coming around much anymore.

I doubt I'll ever get sick of fans who want to see the cup as half-full (especially after a dominant victory), but to each his own I guess . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    while we're setting the record straight....

Walt's an idiot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It is just irrational.

You people crack me up. None of us is playing, so no need to keep a level head, or take it one game at a time. Maybe if you're mentally unstable you may want to temper your enthusiasm, but no need to worry about the rest of us seeing, and enjoying what looks to be a much better offense than we thought, due to Shoddy OCing. If you want to be serious and professional, that's fine. If you think that has any bearing on the team, than you are delusional, as well as annoying, and boorish.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why?

Brady is a metrosexual