Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's set the record straight

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post
    1. Nobody wants the Jets to succeed more than me. Nobody! I love Rex, and I even tend to like the GM.
    2. Your volume of posts on this forum does not give you any level of authority nor does it speak to your knowledge of the Jets or the NFL in general.
    3. I am not a Bills fan or a Steelers fan nor do I post under any other name on this forum.
    4. This is a public forum, not your private club with your friends.

When a group of men come together to build something they must do so in a serious manner, recognizing their failings first and foremost and patting themselves on the back rarely if ever.

When a different group of men post statements like:
    "The AFC playoff field is already set"
    "The Jets Powerhouse offense will light up the struggling Pitt Defense"
    "BIG BEN vs Jets DL = Here come the SACKS!!!"

It is just irrational.

Put down the kool-aid gentlemen. Enjoy the victories, absolutely. Look forward to challenging contests. Improve on your weaknesses and highlight your strengths. But don't shout down the voices that point out the reality of your situation.
    You are quickly becoming one of the best posters on this board.

I enjoy your perspective. It is refreshing.

Keep up the good work.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You are quickly becoming one of the best posters on this board.

I enjoy your perspective. It is refreshing.

Keep up the good work.
    You're not a real Jets fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    1. Nobody wants the Jets to succeed more than me. Nobody! I love Rex, and I even tend to like the GM.
    2. Your volume of posts on this forum does not give you any level of authority nor does it speak to your knowledge of the Jets or the NFL in general.
    3. I am not a Bills fan or a Steelers fan nor do I post under any other name on this forum.

When a group of men come together to build something they must do so in a serious manner, recognizing their failings first and foremost and patting themselves on the back rarely if ever.

It is just irrational.

Put down the kool-aid gentlemen. Enjoy the victories, absolutely. Look forward to challenging contests. Improve on your weaknesses and highlight your strengths. But don't shout down the voices that point out the reality of your situation.
    So you needed to start a new thread addressing comments that were made in the other thread that you started yesterday?

Instead of addressing them in THAT thread?

Am I getting this right?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    DAMN YOU RUBY2 for being a split second faster!

Oh Well....still have a good seat to watch this unfold.
    You would have been first if you used fewer exclamation points.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    while we're setting the record straight....

Walt's an idiot.
    I do like that hat though in his avatar.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You people crack me up. None of us is playing, so no need to keep a level head, or take it one game at a time. Maybe if you're mentally unstable you may want to temper your enthusiasm, but no need to worry about the rest of us seeing, and enjoying what looks to be a much better offense than we thought, due to Shoddy OCing. If you want to be serious and professional, that's fine. If you think that has any bearing on the team, than you are delusional, as well as annoying, and boorish.
    Agreed. And I'll add the word "delusional" to that.

Everyone here knows how critical I can be, but to come here and try to be the "voice of reason" and "temper" everyone's enthusiasm after that win is indeed the work of a mentally unstable person and someone who will never enjoy just being a fan.

God forbid we beat a team that we should beat. I mean, how crazy is that?

All League
    Charter JI Member

What gives you the right to say you want the Jets to win more than me?

But it does mean I want the Jets to win more then you. Seriously....look it up on the internet.

Liar - I know you're really that infamous poster "Steel Town Ballaz"

You say that now....until your a$$ gets banned. Then we'll see how "public" this sh!t is.

It is just irrational.

Huh.....what?!?....just go away.

It is just irrational.

Whew! I'm glad we set that record straight.

All League

It is just irrational.

So I shouldn't start a "Mark Sanchez for MVP" thread yet?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You people crack me up. None of us is playing, so no need to keep a level head, or take it one game at a time. Maybe if you're mentally unstable you may want to temper your enthusiasm, but no need to worry about the rest of us seeing, and enjoying what looks to be a much better offense than we thought, due to Shoddy OCing. If you want to be serious and professional, that's fine. If you think that has any bearing on the team, than you are delusional, as well as annoying, and boorish.
    I personally try to "stay within myself" as a fan.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    You would have been first if you used fewer exclamation points.

Damn exclamation points!!!!!!!

All League
    I love it

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That criteria is waived if you purchased PSL's.

Ask SAR.
    He's the OP. He can read and respond accordingly.

Ladies and gentlemen. SAR II

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    It's funny how powerful perspective is.

I agree 100% that this site has gotten worse recently, but because of all the "Rex is a joke", "Tanny is a bean-counter", "we'll be lucky to win 5 games", "I hope Tebow dies in a plane crash" crowd. If you are in this category, then thank you for not coming around much anymore.

I doubt I'll ever get sick of fans who want to see the cup as half-full (especially after a dominant victory), but to each his own I guess . . .
    What about fans, particularly those with the letters W, D and C in their names in no particular order, who see the glass as overflowing and everybody else's glass as cringing in terror that our glass is going to beat them down and throw them on the concrete floor?

All it took was one big jets win against the bills for SAR to run off and start posting under a new handle? Good grief

The odd things about this is....

The playoff picture thread wasnt going overboard about the jets at all.

Personally im thrilled with how we came out against buffalo, and think that "pitts having never been 0-2 in years" is meaningless, but in no way do I think we are suddenly on our way to 13 wins.

This is a fan board...and while I wish it was less argumentative, and that we didnt have to deal with some posters, that is the nature of the beast.

Lastly, I think the fact that most of us have post numbers in the thousands, that this is probably not the place to look for "Rational Fans".

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The odd things about this is....

The playoff picture thread wasnt going overboard about the jets at all.

Personally im thrilled with how we came out against buffalo, and think that "pitts having never been 0-2 in years" is meaningless, but in no way do I think we are suddenly on our way to 13 wins.

This is a fan board...and while I wish it was less argumentative, and that we didnt have to deal with some posters, that is the nature of the beast.

Lastly, I think the fact that most of us have post numbers in the thousands, that this is probably not the place to look for "Rational Fans".
    It's a persona, eagle. We all know what SAR is about when he posts, TX, you, me, everyone. New blood is good for JI, but polarizing new blood just pisses everyone off. Good or bad.

Veteran
    If memory serves me correct, the OP showed his "wisdom" by being a stout Schitty defender. Anyone that defended Schotty, does not deserve a forum to express their opinions. Period.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's not Scott.

I read his few posts from last season. Different writing style. Even Scott's not THAT good.