Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/14 jets tweets

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    How many YAC and broken tackles have you ever seen Keller make?
    Next to zero... I'm a huge fan of Cumberland the pass catcher. Seems to be able to break tackles out of what we've seen too.

Question with Cumberland is always going to be the blocking because the guy was not a blocker in college.

I dislike Keller, but having starters not playing in general usually hurts a team.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know. Not many lately.

I was expecting a big effort from him this year. But he has gone from supposedly being ready for the opener to missing two games.

I should say basically missing two games. I know he "played" in the opener.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-14-2012 at 12:08 PM.

....and how many drops and no looks for the ball have you seen keller make? I like Keller but he makes some pretty boneheaded plays on a fairly consistent basis honestly.

Also, liked what I saw with Cumberland last week...except his own boneheaded play on the INT tip, but lets just hope he's not getting anything like that thrown to him again this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    ....and how many drops and no looks for the ball have you seen keller make? I like Keller but he makes some pretty boneheaded plays on a fairly consistent basis honestly.

Also, liked what I saw with Cumberland last week...except his own boneheaded play on the INT tip, but lets just hope he's not getting anything like that thrown to him again this week.
    Missing these games is hurting Keller's contract negotiations.

Might work out in jets favor lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Id rather start Reuland at TE then cumberland. He puts more effort into blocking and cant be that much worse of a WR.
    The term "start" for some positions truly doesn't matter. It depends on the play planned and subsequent personnel for that play

If the Jets dial up an empty backfield set for the 1st play Greene isn't starting right?

Quote Originally Posted by dainfamusgc View Post
    Might work out in jets favor lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe. I'm thinking he's going to come back strong when he does, and it'll help both sides.

Once again, I do like Keller, but all this talk about top 5 TE money, I just do not understand.

He's solid, and under a horrid offense, has been sanchez's "favorite" (check down) target...that doesn't mean much to me honestly because the less balls he gets, the more our chances our WRs have...idk I guess I'm beginning to already imagine a life without keller and it doesn't bother me too much.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Once again, I do like Keller, but all this talk about top 5 TE money, I just do not understand.

He's solid, and under a horrid offense, has been sanchez's "favorite" (check down) target...that doesn't mean much to me honestly because the less balls he gets, the more our chances our WRs have...idk I guess I'm beginning to already imagine a life without keller and it doesn't bother me too much.
    I agree. I think it is a good thing for Sanchez that Keller isn't playing. Keller is like his crutch that he always leans on.

nyjetscap ‏@nyjetscap
    #Jets will make a 4 week financial commitment to Epps as a PS signing.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The term "start" for some positions truly doesn't matter. It depends on the play planned and subsequent personnel for that play

If the Jets dial up an empty backfield set for the 1st play Greene isn't starting right?
    I meant play....id rather reuland get more reps then cumberland

Jets Insider VIP
    Keller is not coming back anyways. Lets take a young stud at tight end with one of our high draft picks.

Rnd 1- rb
    Rnd 2- te
    rnd 3- lb

Rex said revis will get one last chance today to pass the concussion tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Rex said revis will get one last chance today to pass the concussion tests.
    When did you hear that? Rex isn't speaking until 1:45 today.

NONE!! i have this theory that he has this move that is supposed to protect his knees.

He does this stupid jump hop flop after contact that always gets him leaning forward and down to the ground. He rarely takes bad hits to his knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Keller is not coming back anyways. Lets take a young stud at tight end with one of our high draft picks.

Rnd 1- rb
    Rnd 2- te
    rnd 3- lb
    Tend to agree with this unless we can find a stud OL, which is unlikely if we end up with a mid-late-last first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HammyNYJets View Post
    When did you hear that? Rex isn't speaking until 1:45 today.
    Someone on ESPN just said it. Reported as if it was a fact. *crossesfingers*

Edit: Also not exactly huge news.. they already said he won't be traveling if he isn't clear so makes sense.

Veteran
    As long as we don't have Mulligan at TE anymore I'm happy, Cumberland is well suited for this team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

Rnd 1- rb
    Rnd 2- te
    rnd 3- lb

R1 - OL
    R2 - OL/RB/LB
    R3 - OL/RB/LB
    R4/5 - TE/CB/LB

I remember watching him at Purdue and he was much quicker and made plays after the catch. I think the Jets had him bulk up to be a more effective blocker and that killed his quickness/YAC.

He is the most replaceable "big name" Jet. I have zero interest in giving him a big contract after this season.