Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Revis OUT for Sunday

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I agree there is no conspiracy or that Revis is intentially not playing.

But what you just said isn't correct. Revis said he was still in a fog, that's why he wasn't cleared. Had he said he was 100% with zero effects he would have been good to go.
    I interpreted the fog comment as referring to earlier in the week or shortly after he was concussed.

If he was in a fog on Thursday, why would they have let him participate in team drills Friday?

All League
    So we lose Revis, Keller and Thomas. Pittsburgh loses Harrison and Polamalu.

Hmmmm....

Our offense loses Keller and their defense loses Harrison and Polamalu... I'll take that trade-off any day. That will make it easier for us to score.

Our defense loses Revis and Thomas... That's not a good trade and we will need some younger guys to step up. That will make it easier for Pittsburgh to score.

All considered, I would say it's a wash. If everyone was playing Pittsburgh would have been tough to beat. Now, they will still be tough to beat. I don't see where much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    that's reasonable. i'm sure you never made a mistake at your job.
    or played a down of football his entire life!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL. Someone's really obsessed with me.

I'm glad I'm in your head. Do you dream of me too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post

Hmmmm....

Our offense loses Keller and their defense loses Harrison and Polamalu... I'll take that trade-off any day. That will make it easier for us to score.

Our defense loses Revis and Thomas... That's not a good trade and we will need some younger guys to step up. That will make it easier for Pittsburgh to score.

All considered, I would say it's a wash. If everyone was playing Pittsburgh would have been tough to beat. Now, they will still be tough to beat. I don't see where much has changed.
    big ben wants to go deep because that's what his WRs do. they aren't possession guys, they are home run hitters. And obviously without revis it gets much tougher. but the jets need to send pressure at him 5-6 guys (maybin needs to be on his game) so ben doesn't have the time to hit those guys on those 17-18 yd patterns (or deeper). and that will also make it tougher for big ben to extend those plays with scrambling, like he does so well when facing a 3 or 4 man rush

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I agree there is no conspiracy or that Revis is intentially not playing.

But what you just said isn't correct. Revis said he was still in a fog, that's why he wasn't cleared. Had he said he was 100% with zero effects he would have been good to go.
    The Jets don't get a say in whether or not he plays.

Revis doesn't get a say in whether or not he plays.

It's up to the independent neurologist. The same thing happened with Aaron Rodgers the year the Packers won the Super Bowl (the first year the league really started trying to be proactive with concussions). He suffered a "mild" concussion against the Lions, a game the Packers proceeded to lose without him. Then he sat out the next week's game against the Patriots. That left the Packers at 8-6 after 14 games, and needing to win out to make the playoffs. You don't think Rodgers and the Packers did everything they could think of to get him on the field for that Patriots game, which they had to know was going to be a loss without him?

Saying "I'm fine" does nothing to get you back on the field.

I know the Fins always play us tough, but for this Miami team, I'd probably think about sitting Revis next week -- win or lose at Pitt. just to be safe

This means that Rex will not be able to use a Safety wherever he wants to. Both of the Jets safeties will be committed to backing up Cro and Wilson. Instead of having essentially 12 men on the field (which is what Revis makes it like) they'll have only 11.

Good defenses get the job done without a supreme player like Revis. If the Jets defenses thinks they are truly a great defense they should be able to play stingy depsite missing Revis. I guess we'll see.

I didn't think the Jets were going to win this game even before news about Revis being out. This just reenforces my belief.

I just hope that the Jets make a good showing. A good, hard fought, right down to the wire game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post

Hmmmm....

Dont forget they are also out their best running back in Rashard Mendenhall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I interpreted the fog comment as referring to earlier in the week or shortly after he was concussed.

If he was in a fog on Thursday, why would they have let him participate in team drills Friday?
    reading comprehension is your friend

(then again, with his googly eyes, can we really expect TX to be able to read properly?? )

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    reading comprehension is your friend

(then again, with his googly eyes, can we really expect TX to be able to read properly?? )
    Well, I make my mistakes too.

But even common sense would have lead to that conclusion.

Veteran
    I'm not sure but I read that as him saying on Thursday that he felt like he was in a fog (referring to when it first happened).

If he felt like he was in a fog yesterday, I highly doubt he would have been on the field today with his helmet on participating.
    Good point. I didn't read the actual piece and assumed *TX knew what he was talking about. I guess he didn't bring anything to the table after all...

Jordy, league rules are that concussed players cannot participate in contact practices or games. Non contact practices are fine by them as long as the team doctor says ok.

He was kind of ambiguous on when he was in a fog, but he said Thursday that he felt fine, so we can assume that he was not in a fog Thursday at least.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Jordy, league rules are that concussed players cannot participate in contact practices or games. Non contact practices are fine by them as long as the team doctor says ok.

He was kind of ambiguous on when he was in a fog, but he said Thursday that he felt fine, so we can assume that he was not in a fog Thursday at least.
    If he was "in a fog" on Thursday, he most certainly was not doing any workouts, contact or otherwise.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    If he was "in a fog" on Thursday, he most certainly was not doing any workouts, contact or otherwise.
    But Revis said Thursday he was still “in a fog,” and hadn’t passed the tests he needed to play Sunday in Pittsburgh.

He said yesterday he felt “pretty good,” and wanted to play, but acknowledged it wasn’t his decision.

“It’s not my call. It’s the doctors’ call,” Revis said, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “Whatever they say goes. I would try to be out there with a broken leg. They know that. It’s a competitive spirit in me that just wants to go out there and play. If I feel fine, which I do, then we’ll go from there.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-concussion/

I'm with you. I didn't get it at all. Bill polish even said that he didn't believe the reports that Revis was participating in drills because league rules dot allow it until you have been cleared and passed the "concussion tests".

I also don't like that he said he was "in a fog" but also said "he felt fine"... It's almost as conflicting as the "mild concussion" diagnosis

All League
    Not sure what the Jets gained by ruling Revis "out" on Friday morning as opposed to keeping him "questionable" till Saturday as originally reported.

Steelers haven't made a firm decision on Polamalu or Harrison ... or did they?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Polamalu's playing. Where do you see he's out?
    Yup, heard Harrison and Polamalu is out as well. I believe Cimini tweeted it and they also mentioned on the radio they would be out. Not 100% sure yet, though. How effective can they be if they aren't well enough to practice all week and the coaches want them to sit?

This sucks. Revis allowed Rex to take a lot of chances because of his lockdown ability. With him being out, we'll have to play a lot of zone. Wallace can burn us deep in one play if we get careless.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    This sucks. Revis allowed Rex to take a lot of chances because of his lockdown ability. With him being out, we'll have to play a lot of zone. Wallace can burn us deep in one play if we get careless.
    Do people forget who we have playing at CB?

Cro is a #1 CB on most teams, most teams don't have the talent and depth we have at CB, even without Revis. The Steelers don't have a Calvin Johnson type of beast, they are all small players with speed, our DB's have speed. Cro covered Wallace most of the time in the last game, Wilson will be coverin Brown, it's actually not that bad of a match up. Plus, Wallace is only playing in his second week of football, without a full training camp, in a new offense that was a subject of conversation for people who don't think Haley is a good fit in Pittsburgh, and there have been some reports that Rothlesberger has not meshed well with Haley.

Add this to a struggling OL that is playing without several players, Pittsburgh doesn't exactly come into this game a polished team.

Not having Revis sucks, no question there, but this Pittsburgh team is not that bad a match-up without him all things considered.

The bigger part of concern for this game is that it is in Pittsburgh, so they'll be playing hard.