Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis OUT for Sunday

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pencil this game in as a Loss, people.

The only thing we want to see is for Mark NOT to regress but instead play well against a very good Steelers D.

2 TD Drives and 3 FG drives by Mark....I'd sign up for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Makes no sense to hold your best player out of a huge game because of a "mild concussion". Hopefully this is not a case where Revis said he doesn't want to play... similar to what SAR was predicting.

NOT GOOD
    Please stop!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex better dial up those blitzes... We need to attack that OL and get in big ben's face

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    May as well keep Revis out for next week too considering we won't need him against Miami. Niners is a slight need with Crabtree.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes no sense to hold your best player out of a huge game because of a "mild concussion". Hopefully this is not a case where Revis said he doesn't want to play... similar to what SAR was predicting.

NOT GOOD
    you're underestimating how serious the NFL takes concussions nowadays.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NOT GOOD
    Rex doesn't make this decision. The league does.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Thanks Bart Scott............maybe you should try tackling the other team instead of our own players...he did the same thing to Kris Jenkins 2 years ago.....I would cut him.
    Is this a joke?

You realize that Jenkins blew out his knee vs Ravens when he was blown backwards like 5 yards off the ball and got rolled up like a cheap suit. Watch the play again if you don't believe it. Can't blame Bart for that, or this injury.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    May as well keep Revis out for next week too considering we won't need him against Miami. Niners is a slight need with Crabtree.
    Don't forget about Moss and Manningham.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

NOT GOOD
    So you're saying the jets should let their best player play with a concussion?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the bright side, it looks like Polamalu & Harrison will be out as well.

So both teams will be without their best defensive players

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: #Jets have lost Revis, Keller, but word out of Pittsburgh is that Polamalu, Harrison not likely to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

NOT GOOD
    Please read the NFL's policy on concussions. It is out of the players and coaches hands now. There is no conspiracy theory here. There was a very small chance he was ever going to play this week. I dont think you will see any players come back and play from a concussion the next week anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Rex better dial up those blitzes... We need to attack that OL and get in big ben's face
    It's going to be a big risk to send exotic blitzes when one half of the field isn't accounted for. Wilson in man-to-man, with no over the top help, against Brown already makes me cringe.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next man up,

You don't need to Blitz Pitts O-line if we can't get pressure with 4 we are ****ed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the doom and gloomers-- Pittsburgh is a horrid defense whenever Troy does not play. With both Harrison AND Troy out...take the over folks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

NOT GOOD
    In what world is this a huge game? I get that every game counts and all but its week 2 against a non-divisional opponent. If there is a risk of further injury, especially a head injury, then why risk anything so early in the season? Get the guy fully healed, which I'm assuming he will be for Miami, and work the hand your dealt this week. Better he misses one game then 6.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is going to lock it down

#blindhope

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wilson cant cover me let alone Wallace or Brown. Oh were f#cked.
    Wilson had a great game last week, just shut it Joe Nancy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    So you're saying the jets should let their best player play with a concussion?
    It's not even the hitting - I had a concussion a long time ago - even just the motion of running around can be painful/disorienting.

If he needs to sit, so be it - it's a team game and the team is going to have to find a way to win. All good teams can, and if the Jets can I'll be all that much more excited about it.

Instead of thinking shutdown defense and ground-and-pound grinder type of game, the Jets are going to need to put up points, pressure Ben and have the defensive backfield looking to create turnovers.

There's going to be scoring in this game - I think it has all the markings of a 'whoever scores last wins' type of game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well just means our offense is going to have to pick up the D this week.

I do think we'll have some success rush Ben, but they will likely find some big plays through the air.

Jets 28
    Pit 17

Landry should introduce himself to Brown as early as he can.