Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis OUT for Sunday

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Is this a joke?

You realize that Jenkins blew out his knee vs Ravens when he was blown backwards like 5 yards off the ball and got rolled up like a cheap suit. Watch the play again if you don't believe it. Can't blame Bart for that, or this injury.
    Considering Scott kicked Revis in the head and caused the concussion, he's to blame for the injury.

Are we saying he did it on purpose? No.

We can still win....If we play tough and lose I'm fine with that for now, however

FUKC YOU BART SCOTT YOU PIECE OF SHlT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You should read up a little about concussions then.
    Really? why don't you tell me?

I honestly didn't buy all this concussion talk with the Jets because it wasn't a bad hit that Revis sustained. That's why I figured it was just a case of the Jets being cautious and then messing with the Steelers at the same time. The fact that he is now being held out makes me wonder what's really going on. I'm sorry if people are annoyed with my thinking process. I honestly don't trust Revis at all, and wouldn't put anything past him, so I just hope this isn't a case of him overplaying the concussion symptoms, since the testing process is based totally on the players answers, reactions, etc. If a player says he is dizzy or nauseous, there is no way to disprove it. I certainly hope this isn't the case, and he is back next week and all is forgotten.

Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac
    James Harrison AND Troy Polamalu listed as quest, but they will not play vs Jets.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Who didnt play well last week? I mean, Ryan Fitzpatrick was throwing the ball directly at our players. You would have looked good out there last week.
    Yes, because the pick that Wilson made was so routine and thrown right to him.

Just shut up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Considering Scott kicked Revis in the head and caused the concussion, he's to blame for the injury.

Are we saying he did it on purpose? No.
    haha... its football dude, hits happen. its not Bart's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    FUKC YOU BART SCOTT YOU PIECE OF SHlT!!!!
    LOL

I honestly didn't buy all this concussion talk with the Jets because it wasn't a bad hit that Revis sustained. That's why I figured it was just a case of the Jets being cautious and then messing with the Steelers at the same time. The fact that he is now being held out makes me wonder what's really going on. I'm sorry if people are annoyed with my thinking process. I honestly don't trust Revis at all, and wouldn't put anything past him, so I just hope this isn't a case of him overplaying the concussion symptoms, since the testing process is based totally on the players answers, reactions, etc. If a player says he is dizzy or nauseous, there is no way to disprove it. I certainly hope this isn't the case, and he is back next week and all is forgotten.
    Thank God, you're not a doctor.

Banned

I honestly didn't buy all this concussion talk with the Jets because it wasn't a bad hit that Revis sustained.
    When a player admits that he is "still in a fog" 4 days after the hit, it is very serious.

1. Darrelle Revis' head. After suffering a concussion against Buffalo last Sunday, Revis said Thursday he felt like he was in a fog. If the best defensive back in football doesn't play against a powerful passing team in Pittsburgh Sunday, the Jets' chances of winning are markedly decreased. That's why the docs who examine Revis Friday and Saturday are going to be under major pressure to do the right thing, not the thing they know Revis and Rex Ryan want them to do, which is to clear Revis.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz26TBjEnCS

how do you know what the hit was like..Look at Toon's last catch..He hit the grass..

So for your conspiracy theory..Wouldn't it be advantageous for Revis to play and not be labeled with a "concussion" when it comes to contract time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Thank God, you're not a doctor.

Hall Of Fame

Thats why I told you to read up on concussions and their impact. Before you go off and looking like a d**k, I figured I would give you an out and at least allow you to educate yourself on the matter, so that you do not sound so ignorant about the whole situation.

But carry on and keep embarrassing yourself.

Ill leave the conspiracy theories to the other posters.

Bottom line is this is awful news, BUT, as Rex has said....there will be times the offense needs to bail out the defense and vice versa.

We have 2 things going for us here, even without Revis:

1. Yes, what we did in week 1 was against the Bills, but forget about the jersey color, if harrison and polo are....there are 2 players in woodley and clark that are considered true playmakers. No reason we shouldnt be able to score on this team and hopefully our secondary holds without Revis.

2. Again, we have huge advantages in the trenches. Our offensive line should be able to open holes and protect sanchez against an aging/recently injured casey hampton, hood etc. While our defensive line should be able to pressure Roth with 4 men allowign us to play a TON of coverage, which we will now need to do.

Wilson has been given enough time to hopefully be able to step in and do something.

Next man up!

All League
    Wilson played fantastic last time we played without revis, the whole second half vs the pats, he can do it again

Jets went 3-0 without Revis in 2010 with wins vs. New England, at Miami and at Buffalo.

time to do it again

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Wilson cant cover me let alone Wallace or Brown. Oh were f#cked.
    No one else in the NFL has a Revis and somehow other teams win. This is like the Yankees having Mariano injured this year. It just means the Jets are like every other defense now. I'm more concerned about who the third guy will be. Lankster? Could be very interesting, but the Steelers are without Harrison and Polamalu is banged up as usual, so let's see what happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Makes no sense to hold your best player out of a huge game because of a "mild concussion". Hopefully this is not a case where Revis said he doesn't want to play... similar to what SAR was predicting.

NOT GOOD
    Get real, man. Revis failed his test. That's the only reason he's not playing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I didn't think Dale Earnhardt's hit looked all that bad either. Pretty sure he's still dead.

Isn't it possible that looks, at times, can be deceiving?

Bad news. Keller being out is obviously not very good either. Things could spiral out of control this week, I'll be curious to see how the team responds if they face early adversity. A close loss is not a big deal, but getting blown out would erase a lot of the good feelings from week 1.