Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis OUT for Sunday

Bryan Thomas and Dustin Keller are also ruled out of this game. I don't see a chance we win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Really? why don't you tell me?

I honestly didn't buy all this concussion talk with the Jets because it wasn't a bad hit that Revis sustained. That's why I figured it was just a case of the Jets being cautious and then messing with the Steelers at the same time. The fact that he is now being held out makes me wonder what's really going on. I'm sorry if people are annoyed with my thinking process. I honestly don't trust Revis at all, and wouldn't put anything past him, so I just hope this isn't a case of him overplaying the concussion symptoms, since the testing process is based totally on the players answers, reactions, etc. If a player says he is dizzy or nauseous, there is no way to disprove it. I certainly hope this isn't the case, and he is back next week and all is forgotten.
    He had a bruised brain. If it doesn't heal properly he will be much more susceptible to further brain bruises. That is what's really going on.

Sometimes you have to consider that football players are actually people and even though most give more to their professions than most people would ever consider sane if it were an everyday job, it would be nice for them to retire with a fully functioning brain. So that they can think. Thinking is important.

You have to understand that these are people and not public property, no matter what their salary is. Aren't you aware that many of these concussion cases become suicides?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Really? why don't you tell me?

I honestly didn't buy all this concussion talk with the Jets because it wasn't a bad hit that Revis sustained. That's why I figured it was just a case of the Jets being cautious and then messing with the Steelers at the same time. The fact that he is now being held out makes me wonder what's really going on. I'm sorry if people are annoyed with my thinking process. I honestly don't trust Revis at all, and wouldn't put anything past him, so I just hope this isn't a case of him overplaying the concussion symptoms, since the testing process is based totally on the players answers, reactions, etc. If a player says he is dizzy or nauseous, there is no way to disprove it. I certainly hope this isn't the case, and he is back next week and all is forgotten.
    Players who are concussed almost never play the following week in recent years. Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Jets went 3-0 without Revis in 2010 with wins vs. New England, at Miami and at Buffalo.

time to do it again
    Exactly...

This mentality that Rex can't have a top 5 defense without someone like Revis is lunacy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I didn't think Dale Earnhardt's hit looked all that bad either. Pretty sure he's still dead.
    Gotta love the tasteful, classy analogy.

Jets Insider VIP
    We'll win.

Hall Of Fame
    I didn't think Dale Earnhardt's hit looked all that bad either. Pretty sure he's still dead.

Isn't it possible that looks, at times, can be deceiving?
    Exactly. I wasnt trying to be a d**k when I told him to read up on concussions, I thought he would be able to learn that the ferociousness of the hit does not tell the whole story when it comes to concussions and head injuries.

I guess he would rather stick to his conspiracy theories and be a d**k.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Get real, man. Revis failed his test. That's the only reason he's not playing.
    that's spot on...now let's see what the rest of the guys can do to pick up the slack. An outstanding performance by the offense will surely reduce the pressure on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We'll win.
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Gotta love the tasteful, classy analogy.
    That's actually a very good analogy. Dale hit a wall in a seemingly minor (for NASCAR standards) crash. The fact that cars flip over and disintegrate and then have drivers walk away from the crash made it quite surprising that Dale's crash led to his death.

But we all know you'll take any opportunity to describe a post or poster as distasteful or lacking class.

Insert famous Tx eyeroll here -->

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Bryan Thomas and Dustin Keller are also ruled out of this game. I don't see a chance we win this one.
    Yes, because Bryan Thomas is such an integral part of the team's chances. Dude's finished.

That's actually a very good analogy. Dale hit a wall in a seemingly minor (for NASCAR standards) crash. The fact that cars flip over and disintegrate and then have drivers walk away from the crash made it quite surprising that Dale's crash led to his death.

But we all know you'll take any opportunity to describe a post or poster as distasteful or lacking class.

Seriously what was tasteless about that? I used to defend TX. He's become unbearable.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

We'll win.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    +1
    We need someone to be the tie break here.

Jets Insider VIP
    We gone win *****

I'll do it.

Win.

I could easily flip this and say

"Polamalu & Harrison are out of this game, combined with a banged up O-Line. I don't see how Pittsburgh wins this game"

Time for #6 to prove his worth ... put the team on his back and be a franchise QB ... injuries are not an excuse. I think Sanchez steps up this week.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I started to respond but figured it wasn't worthwhile. But I was at a loss as well. To say that he's still dead is not disrespecting his memory - it underscores the fact that we don't have any clue about the seriousness of internal injuries from our vantage point as viewers.

But TX never twists things around, so I'll chalk this one up to an honest mistake.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Seriously what was tasteless about that? I used to defend TX. He's become unbearable.
    There was nothing tasteless about it.

Tx is reaching for straws again.

He spins better than a politician.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Jeesh, lighten up Sally.

I wasn't being serious.