Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis OUT for Sunday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Makes no sense to hold your best player out of a huge game because of a "mild concussion". Hopefully this is not a case where Revis said he doesn't want to play... similar to what SAR was predicting.

NOT GOOD
    He was not medically cleared for contact. Period. There was no decision for anyone to make.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    So you're saying the jets should let their best player play with a concussion?
    It was a "mild concussion" which I don't really know how you diagnose to begin with, either you had head trauma or you didn't. How was this diagnosed? Did he show slight signs of lack of balance, or memory loss? Why was he on the field and lifting weights this week if that was the case? I just dont get it. He got kicked in the head by Bart running and jumping over him. I've seen worse impact on the sandlot with kids not wearing helmets. Shonne Green takes worse blows to the head on every run he makes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Don't forget about Moss and Manningham.
    Moss is just a marginal deep threat at this point and Manningham is not a big time player.

Either way, Smith isn't great at getting receivers the ball outside of maybe Crabtree and other positions that don't involve corners.

When we play Frisco, it's just going to be about being physical, physical, physical... Run and stop the run.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex better dial up those blitzes... We need to attack that OL and get in big ben's face
    No..Coples needs to show up and play for 60 minutes. Maybin needs to go crazy, like always..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Well just means our offense is going to have to pick up the D this week.

I do think we'll have some success rush Ben, but they will likely find some big plays through the air.

Jets 28
    Pit 17

Landry should introduce himself to Brown as early as he can.
    Yeah the safeties are going to have to pick up some slack for sure. I heard good things about lankster all camp so maybe he could do well in the nickle

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a "mild concussion" which I don't really know how you diagnose to begin with, either you had head trauma or you didn't. How was this diagnosed? Did he show slight signs of lack of balance, or memory loss? Why was he on the field and lifting weights this week if that was the case? I just dont get it. He got kicked in the head by Bart running and jumping over him. I've seen worse impact on the sandlot with kids not wearing helmets. Shonne Green takes worse blows to the head on every run he makes.
    Dude... take your medicine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah well, time to test our depth..

No way to spin it, losing Revis sucks...

Will be balanced out if Palamalu and Harrison don't play

I like our depth, let's not forget we have a #1A CB in Cro

Lankster can play, and Trufant is a tough little dude.

Believe it or not, we still may match up ok with the Steelers given they don't have a beast WR, but a bunch of little guys, and our guys can run.

That said, you don't replace Revis, and I would think the Jets will shift their coverages a bit and play a little more zone.

The key will be getting E Smith back to put he and Bell down low, and put Landry in the backfield in coverages

I expect our pass rush to be fierce with a weak Steeler OL, so our secondary will have some help that way too.

Even worse, I have to eat crow from patfan.

Bring it...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    You're making a lot of assumptions about things you don't know about. You're taking the classification of "mild concussion"(given to you by Rex - who knows if thats accurate?) and assigning all sorts of meaning to it.

Why don't you just take as gospel that he can't play and move on? The reality is is that in the NFL today, they are very cautious as far as head injuries. Players typically don't play the following week. The doctors are being cautious.

Your over-analysis of every little word that is reported - second hand - is a bit silly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson had a great game last week, just shut it Joe Nancy.
    Who didnt play well last week? I mean, Ryan Fitzpatrick was throwing the ball directly at our players. You would have looked good out there last week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola View Post
    He was not medically cleared for contact. Period. There was no decision for anyone to make.
    I hope that was the case. Seems fishy to me. Are you =familiar with the tests that they run? If he was failing these simple tests, then I don't think he would have been running around on the field and lifting weights.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No..Coples needs to show up and play for 60 minutes. Maybin needs to go crazy, like always..
    Coples isn't gonna do it by himself... I'd like to see Rex mix it up with the blitzers and take advantage of the shaky steeler guards. That flashy LB crossing pattern blitz from the Carolina PS game for example

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since you seem to be obsessed and consumed with this as a "smokescreen / conspiracy" I think you should head to Florham Park and get the answers for yourself. I'm sure they'll let you in the facility

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You're making a lot of assumptions about things you don't know about. You're taking the classification of "mild concussion"(given to you by Rex - who knows if thats accurate?) and assigning all sorts of meaning to it.

Why don't you just take as gospel that he can't play and move on? The reality is is that in the NFL today, they are very cautious as far as head injuries. Players typically don't play the following week. The doctors are being cautious.

Your over-analysis of every little word that is reported - second hand - is a bit silly.

Yessir!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples isn't gonna do it by himself... I'd like to see Rex mix it up with the blitzers and take advantage of the shaky steeler guards. That flashy LB crossing pattern blitz from the Carolina PS game for example
    Not saying he has to do it himself...But he needs to become more consistent..I'm confident Wilk, Maybin and the other DL will do their jobs

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Yessir!!!
    Or its a conspiracy. one or the other.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Since you seem to be obsessed and consumed with this as a "smokescreen / conspiracy" I think you should head to Florham Park and get the answers for yourself. I'm sure they'll let you in the facility
    I dont think they would, plus I am too busy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should read up a little about concussions then.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Who didnt play well last week? I mean, Ryan Fitzpatrick was throwing the ball directly at our players. You would have looked good out there last week.
    You've been beating the Wilson sucks drum too hard for too long, your agenda is transparent.

Ironically, Wilson will actually play the position he excelled at in college and got him drafted in the first round.

Slot/Nickel DB and outside CB are two completely different positions. The Steeler WR's don't scare me, they are quick little guys that can make plays, turns out our DB's with their ability match up pretty well, even without Revis.

If we were playing a team that had a Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson type of play, I'd be more concerned.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes no sense to hold your best player out of a huge game because of a "mild concussion". Hopefully this is not a case where Revis said he doesn't want to play... similar to what SAR was predicting.

NOT GOOD
    First it was a smokescreen by the Jets and now you're playing the SAR card.

Just admit you were wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think they would, plus I am too busy.
    Darn...I was really hoping to hear what you would find out to corroborate your smokescreen/conspiracy theories..