Thread: Sanchez and the O-Line

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanchez and the O-Line

Now that Revis is out, it's going to be up to Sanchez and the O-Line to carry the team. The defense will still do its thing, and will still be effective (not going to give up 40 points without Revis - relax).

Time for Wilson to step up, and the D-Line to prove it's a good D-Line against a weak (yes....) Steelers' O-Line.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Now that Revis is out, it's going to be up to Sanchez and the O-Line to carry the team. The defense will still do its thing, and will still be effective (not going to give up 40 points without Revis - relax).

Time for Wilson to step up, and the D-Line to prove it's a good D-Line against a weak (yes....) Steelers' O-Line.
    Agree with all of that...

I guess it's always that way against good teams, but it really comes down to all 3 phases. Other gamess we haven't had Revis and the defense generally steps up and plays well.

One potentially negative thing is if the Steelers don't have Polamalu, they'll probably play cautious and keep 2 safeties up top most of the game. Means limited big plays.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Agree with all of that...

I guess it's always that way against good teams, but it really comes down to all 3 phases. Other gamess we haven't had Revis and the defense generally steps up and plays well.

One potentially negative thing is if the Steelers don't have Polamalu, they'll probably play cautious and keep 2 safeties up top most of the game. Means limited big plays.
    I'll take that. Again, the O-Line has to get some push so Greene/Powell/Tebow/whoever can gain some much needed 1st and 2nd down yardage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Austin Howard, you're up.

This will be the TRUE test for this guy to see if he is a Keeper or if last Sundays performance was a fluke(which I doubt).

What he does against whomever he's matched up against will play a big part in how Mark fares in the passing game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets need to come out aggressive on offense and take it right to the Steelers defense. No need to get conservative on offense now. Go for it on a couple 4th and shorts and dont play to settle for FGs. I want to see the same type of game plan as the Bills game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Austin Howard, you're up.

This will be the TRUE test for this guy to see if he is a Keeper or if last Sundays performance was a fluke(which I doubt).

What he does against whomever he's matched up against will play a big part in how Mark fares in the passing game.
    Tebow, you're up. Get some of those "Jesus" juices flowing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

I disagree with that.

With or without Polamala, I think the Steelers keep the safeties up in the box until Sanchez hits a couple of deep passes.

One good game does not mean opposing safeties will play over the top respecting the pass.