Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you prefer between:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Who do you prefer between:

Had some good responses in the first run, let's keep it going...

Cutler vs. Sanchez (try to keep the scope of their careers and not just the most recent game both have played)

Revis vs. Ware

Stafford vs. Cam Newton (put them both on the browns for the exercise)

ADP vs Arian Foster?

Belichick vs. Rex (oh boy this should be fun...put em both on the neutral Titans for this one)

DHarris vs. PWillis? (yes this is a serious question, and I'm leaving it up so that I can publicly stick up for the Hitman, and prove that he's not to be dismissed so callously)

This is my own analysis...the data was taken from here.
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/pla...4/david-harris
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/pla...patrick-willis

-David Harris has more sacks and ints over the last three years, and is more durable than Willis.

-Harris has 70 less snaps than Willis (played on better teams), and accounted for 65 less tackles than Willis over three years. However, Harris still has a better stop rate percentage, and his stops were closer to the line of scrimmage than PWillis' (indicating that Willis' tackle numbers may be inflated due to him stepping out of his responsibility and making plays down the field after his teammates were unable to).

-Over the last three years, Willis was responsible for an average of 17.6% of the plays he made on defense for his team. Contrast that to Harris who played in less games and had better personnel around him, leading to an impact of 14.6% of the team's plays over three years.

-Last year, when Willis' defense finally played up to the level the Jets have been playing at for three years, Willis' tackles production in the time he was actually on the field dropped off a dramatic 22.5% (after accounting for the time he missed due to injuries).

Just by going with the eye test, I'd go with Willis over Hitman, but it is definitely as close as I thought it was, and not the joke the others on here have made it out to be.
    ---------------------------------

Post your own along with your answers.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 09-15-2012 at 10:02 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan
    Eli
    Ware
    Fitz
    Rogers
    Willis

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    To quell the lull of midweek, lets talk rankings.

Who's better?

Ryan vs. Flacco?

Eli vs. Big Ben?

Ware vs. JPP?

Fitz vs. AJ?

Brees vs. ARodgers?

DHarris vs. PWillis?

Flacco. What has Ryan ever done besides lay eggs in the playoffs?

Eli.

JPP. Ware's best football is probably behind him while JPP should only get better.

AJ. Tough call here, could go either way... I'm just a huge Johnson fan from his days at Miami.

Rodgers. He's the best out there right now.

Willis. DH is good. Willis is on another level -- he reminds me of Ray Lewis with more speed.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 09-12-2012 at 09:32 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan vs. Flacco
    Matt Ryan has been incredibly blessed playing in a dome and with stud WR/TE options his entire career. Flacco plays outdoors, against tough defenses, and (until maybe now with Torrey Smith) lackluster wide receivers. Flacco has proven he can win big games. Matt Ryan has proven no such thing.

Eli vs. Big Ben
    This one is really, really close. I think both are good for their respective teams. Ben has dome some incredible things with awful offensive lines. Ask me tomorrow and I could flip flop my answer.

Ware vs. JPP
    Ware is simply the best pass rusher in the game today. He's the complete package due to his ability to stop the run. JPP may be a better pure pass rusher, but he's not a complete package yet.

Fitz vs. AJ
    Fitzgerald has been incredibly productive with some awful, awful QB play. I think AJ Green will one day be as good as Fitzgerald, but not as of 2012.

Brees vs. ARodgers
    A-Rod has had to play outdoors, and frequently with some bad offensive line play. I think A-Rod can use his legs, and his teams have really had awful running attacks. Brees has been blessed with some better RBs and he gets to play in a dome.

DHarris vs. PWillis
    I love Harris, but this board is the only place where this might even be a debate. That being said, Bowman might be better than Willis. I'd put Harris right around #5 in terms of the top 10 ILB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's better?

Ryan vs. Flacco?

Eli vs. Big Ben?

Ware vs. JPP?

Fitz vs. AJ?

Brees vs. ARodgers?

DHarris vs. PWillis?

Flacco

Eli

JPP

AJ

Rodgers

Willis

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Ryan vs. Flacco
    Matt Ryan has been incredibly blessed playing in a dome and with stud WR/TE options his entire career. Flacco plays outdoors, against tough defenses, and (until maybe now with Torrey Smith) lackluster wide receivers. Flacco has proven he can win big games. Matt Ryan has proven no such thing.

Eli vs. Big Ben
    This one is really, really close. I think both are good for their respective teams. Ben has dome some incredible things with awful offensive lines. Ask me tomorrow and I could flip flop my answer.

Ware vs. JPP
    Ware is simply the best pass rusher in the game today. He's the complete package due to his ability to stop the run. JPP may be a better pure pass rusher, but he's not a complete package yet.

Fitz vs. AJ
    Fitzgerald has been incredibly productive with some awful, awful QB play. I think AJ Green will one day be as good as Fitzgerald, but not as of 2012.

Brees vs. ARodgers
    A-Rod has had to play outdoors, and frequently with some bad offensive line play. I think A-Rod can use his legs, and his teams have really had awful running attacks. Brees has been blessed with some better RBs and he gets to play in a dome.

DHarris vs. PWillis
    I love Harris, but this board is the only place where this might even be a debate. That being said, Bowman might be better than Willis. I'd put Harris right around #5 in terms of the top 10 ILB.
    I agree on everything except Eli.

Four years ago, I would have taken Eli over Big Ben. In fact I remember the thread where everyone was killing me and jetgenius (is he still around) for taking Eli over Ben.

However, while both careers have taken off, what Ben does without an Oline is incredible. Since Rex has gotten here, if there's one QB that I'm scared of in this league, it's big Ben. Rex can and has neutralized some of the greatest passers in the game with schemes and complex blitzes. But big Ben takes those punches, scrambles around, and seems to always make a play downfield.

Edit: just realized that you considered AJ green. I meant Andre.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 09-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Flacco

Eli

JPP

AJ

Rodgers

Willis
    Rationale for AJ over Fitz?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets secondary vs. Giants pass rush?

Luck vs. RG3? (yes I know it's early)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn't it be Fitz versus Mega?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco over Ryan EASILY. Let me start off by saying I think "Matty Ice" is by far the most overrated quarterback in the league. Flacco has the bigger arm, has played in worse weather, and has had a very good amount of postseason success already. If it weren't for Lee Evans' and Billy Cundiff's dumbasses, this wouldn't even be a debate.

Eli over Ben, but it's very close. Quite possibly the two most clutch quarterbacks going. I give Manning the edge simply because Ben has had a top flight defense every season he's been QB. But really, you could pick either one. I think Eli is a tad more clutch.

Ware over JPP. Very close again, but Ware is almost the Revis of pass-rushers.

Fitzgerald over Andre. It's a shame that Larry has had nothing at QB for most of his career. I think if he had a real quarterback throwing to him, we might be considering Fitz better than Megatron. Remember his 2008 playoff run? Fitz was being called the best PLAYER in the league by many, let alone best at his position.

Rodgers over Brees. Rodgers had the best season by a QB ever last year, can match Brees' SB + SB MVP, and has had more success at a younger age. He plays in the Tundra, Brees plays in a cozy dome.

Willis over Harris.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rationale for AJ over Fitz?
    I thought AJ was Andre Johnson.

No way Green better than Fitz.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I thought AJ was Andre Johnson.

No way Green better than Fitz.
    Oh it was Andre...I thought that was obvious .

In what world would I consider AJ green andFitz in the same sentence?

Still, rationale?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan vs. Flacco? Flacco, only because he's proven he can show up in big playoff games

Eli vs. Big Ben? Give me Eli, was very critical of him earlier in his career but he won me over after seeing him almost die in SF and not give a f*** last season.

Ware vs. JPP? Give me JPP, He will be the most dominant PR in the league in a season or 2, supplanting Ware.

Fitz vs. AJ? Fitz, AJ needs another strong season for me to put him with the elite class. Fitz just needs a real QB, then he'll go back to putting up elite numbers

Brees vs. ARodgers? This one is tough but imma take ARod. He's the prototype of a QB, great pocket presence, quick release, accurate as f*ck, I like him slightly better than Brees.

DHarris vs. PWillis? Hitman is one of my fav Jets, but I have to go with Pat Willis. ABSOLUTE MONSTER, and the best ILB in the league. A real impact player.

Edit: I thought AJ stood for AJ green not Andre Johnson. In that case I would still take Fitz over him.
    Last edited by carlito1171; 09-12-2012 at 02:14 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Shouldn't it be Fitz versus Mega?
    Nah. Mega's too easy.

Notice I didn't include Revis in any of these

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan (Some of Flacco's success is can be attributed to a great D and running game. Ryan inherited a 1-15 team.)
    Big Ben (Maybe it's just me, but I think Eli gets lucky. He's still ranks high on turnovers.)
    Ware (Toss-up but I lean towards Ware. The Giants have other great linemen but Ware produces on his own.)
    AJ (I think his potential is higher)
    Rodgers (IMO, the ultimate QB)
    Willis (Love Hitman, but this is obvious)
    Last edited by brex; 09-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh it was Andre...I thought that was obvious .

In what world would I consider AJ green andFitz in the same sentence?

Still, rationale?
    I think they are pretty similar but I would take Johnson because I think he has better hands and the ability to make the tough catch with guys all over him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Flacco over Ryan EASILY. Let me start off by saying I think "Matty Ice" is by far the most overrated quarterback in the league. Flacco has the bigger arm, has played in worse weather, and has had a very good amount of postseason success already. If it weren't for Lee Evans' and Billy Cundiff's dumbasses, this wouldn't even be a debate.
    So far, you're one of the few people who shares my feelings of Ryan.

I've thought the dude was the most overrated QB in the league from the moment he was drafted 3rd overall. And all those feelings were confirmed watching him throw in his first preseason game in the NFL, and have become exacerbated through his playoff loses.

Every time I see him, I feel for falcons fans, because he reminds me of Chad. The guy can't beat good defenses because he has no arm. He's got great weapons, tons of heart, is highly cerebral, but won't be successful in the post season because the guy simply can't get the ball downfield, and DCs take advantage of it the way Rex has feasted on Pennington and Fitzpatrick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's better?

Ryan vs. Flacco?

Eli vs. Big Ben?

Ware vs. JPP?

Fitz vs. Andre Johnson?

Brees vs. ARodgers?

DHarris vs. PWillis?

Ryan vs. Flacco? - Ryan no doubt. Flacco up untill this season has been a game manager. Both look ready to explode this year though.

Eli vs. Big Ben? - Damn this one is tough, same draft, both got two rings. I cant call it honestly.

Ware vs. JPP? - Another tough one. Right now Ware is looking like he might go down as the GOAT though so its got to go to him

Fitz vs. Andre Johnson? - Fitz. Johnson is to injury prone for my liking and has never scored 10 td's or more in a season.

Brees vs. ARodgers? - Ughhh tough. Either one.

DHarris vs. PWillis? - LOL, Willis hands down,not even debatable.
    ------------------

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Ryan vs. Flacco

Eli vs. Big Ben

Ware vs. JPP

Fitz vs. AJ

Brees vs. ARodgers

DHarris vs. PWillis
    Agreed on all accounts......

Only debate in my mind is AJ vs Fitz.....But slight edge to Fitz