Thread: Keller and Thomas OUT

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Keller and Thomas OUT

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Dustin Keller and Bryan Thomas are also out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

This is going to be the wounded bowl.

Jets: Revis, Keller and Thomas
    Steelers: Mendenahall, Harrison, and Polamalu. James and Troy did not practice today and John Clayton doesn't think they will play.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

I think UR a little late to the party on this one. Just sayin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Maybin

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dassin View Post
    Maybin
    ...in run support.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously Revis is the worst guy to be out on Defense and the defense will likely look very different, but I am also concerned with Thomas being out.

Who is gonna set the edge on outside runs and screens? We were really susceptible to those last year when Thomas went down. I don't really see McIntyre or Maybin filling that role very well on early / running downs.

Perhaps we'll see more 4-3 and zone coverage schemes as a result? Maybe they will try to get Coples and Davis on the field? I don't know because they didn't play much last week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe we'll see more of Jason Smith in some max protect formations to give Sanchez time to throw the ball deep.

Thomas is easily replaced IMO. There's not much of a downgrade from him to Maybin in pass situations/McIntyre in run situations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by suprjet View Post
    Obviously Revis is the worst guy to be out on Defense and the defense will likely look very different, but I am also concerned with Thomas being out.

Who is gonna set the edge on outside runs and screens? We were really susceptible to those last year when Thomas went down. I don't really see McIntyre or Maybin filling that role very well on early / running downs.

Perhaps we'll see more 4-3 and zone coverage schemes as a result? Maybe they will try to get Coples and Davis on the field? I don't know because they didn't play much last week.
    McIntyre did well when he got playing time in preseason. Rex likes him. Lets see what he has. If he has nothing its time for him to go!

Cumberland just might be an upgrade over Kellerat TE. He has more speed and better hands. Reuland blocks better then both and is very athletic.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steelers are just as hurt as we are, so I dont think injuries are an excuse for either team. Lets just go out there and beat their asses

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Steelers are just as hurt as we are, so I dont think injuries are an excuse for either team. Lets just go out there and beat their asses
    Bingo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone think Keller might be in TS' doghouse? He's never been a problem in the past but this is a new OC and some personalities just never click.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Maybe we'll see more of Jason Smith in some max protect formations to give Sanchez time to throw the ball deep.

Thomas is easily replaced IMO. There's not much of a downgrade from him to Maybin in pass situations/McIntyre in run situations.
    Teams don't let defenses sub that easy. When the jets are in the nickle, expect pitt to hurry up and run the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    I was about to say. Everyone's missing bodies. We've actually faired pretty well for the most part in recent years. No huge IRs, no high ankle sprains etc.

Its time to count on our O to help win this one.

It's time for Holmes to pick up the slack

It's time for our Oline to win in the trenches

It's time for our pass rush to be the deciding factor

It's time for Kyle Wilson to earn his 1st round selection

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    no high ankle sprains etc.
    Mangold

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooo Jets!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Mangold
    Oh ya... hey - that was one of the quickest high ankle recoveries I've ever seen!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    McIntyre did well when he got playing time in preseason. Rex likes him. Lets see what he has. If he has nothing its time for him to go!

Cumberland just might be an upgrade over Kellerat TE. He has more speed and better hands. Reuland blocks better then both and is very athletic.
    I still think the Jets win this one. Its good for the depth players to step forth and prove themselves. If they seize their opportunity and everyone pulls their weight, this should be a Jets victory

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    I still think the Jets win this one. Its good for the depth players to step forth and prove themselves. If they seize their opportunity and everyone pulls their weight, this should be a Jets victory
    On paper Pittsburgh has an underwhelming OL with injury issues. I think we'll be in good shape if our defensive front can create some regular mayhem. If we can't Pittsburgh will win. BR is not Ryan Fitzpatrick, Pitt is not giving this one away.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could be a fun game to watch.... with all of these key defensive players out, it could be a shootout

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Hellen hasn't done much lately and really needs to step it up. His catch the ball and fall down routine is getting old. Hopefully he can get his act together once he's healthy and contribute.