Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calvin Pace

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pace's best year was his last contract year and we should enjoy being the beneficiaries of it this time around. Goodness knows we have paid up front to get that benefit this year. I do not think it makes any sense at all to be the team giving Calvin his next contract.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Pace's best year was his last contract year and we should enjoy being the beneficiaries of it this time around. Goodness knows we have paid up front to get that benefit this year. I do not think it makes any sense at all to be the team giving Calvin his next contract.
    Unless it's a 1 year contract

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    So I watched the game on DVR this week, and just watched most of the game with the coaches cam and Calvin Pace really stood out to me. He looked quick, powerful and showed a good motor. He looks like he is still our best pass rusher by a long shot. It was a pleasant surprise since I had pretty much written him off for this season. I think the key for Pace is to use him more like a DE than a real 3-4 OLB, just let him play the edge and occasionally have him drop into the curl, just can't have him playing man coverage or dropping into the flats. When he is stuck out in space like that, he looks out of place and gets exposed.
    In the years Pace has been healthy, he always looks good early in the season. By week 6, he fades to oblivion.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    In the years Pace has been healthy, he always looks good early in the season. By week 6, he fades to oblivion.
    +2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Who said we don't value him? He's been hurt. Let's see what happens then decide what to do with him. Maybe Cumberland will break out. He blocks a little better, and Konrad is a nice tweener, that has the body, and is learning to block.
    we also re-signed Epps.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    So I watched the game on DVR this week, and just watched most of the game with the coaches cam and Calvin Pace really stood out to me. He looked quick, powerful and showed a good motor. He looks like he is still our best pass rusher by a long shot. It was a pleasant surprise since I had pretty much written him off for this season. I think the key for Pace is to use him more like a DE than a real 3-4 OLB, just let him play the edge and occasionally have him drop into the curl, just can't have him playing man coverage or dropping into the flats. When he is stuck out in space like that, he looks out of place and gets exposed.
    Same here. I noticed he was like another player out there. He made the first tackle in the game and never stopped. He looked possessed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Am I the only one here who sees that Pace is not quick enough to get to the QB?

I mean he does get pressure but there are many times where he's running full-bore at the opposing QB and that QB almost always manages to JOG away and keep him at a distance long enough to make his throw.
    Don't under estimate the value of consistent pressures vs the occasional glitzy sack. One sack a game is a lot whereas keeping the QB scrambling the whole game has much more value. I'll take the pressure guy thank you.