Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Judgement Day for Kyle Wilson vs. Steelers

Veteran
    Wilson, although showing improvement, will give up yards. He's NOT Darelle Revis and nor should he be compared to Revis. The expectations should be high because he was a first round selection, but let's be realistic here. He'll probably make some good plays, and he'll probably get beaten a few times. Such is the story for just about every corner playing the game.

Hopefully he pulls his socks up and plays with his hair on fire, but expectations should be low.

Rex won't expose Wilson one on one for much of the game. It would be stupid and careless, not to mention, detrimental to his confidence if he gets torched all game long.

Big Ben is the king of improvisational plays that lead to big plays down the field when things break down. Rex knows this.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

More pressure on Big Rape and safety help over the top. And keep your fingers crossed.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Why not? He was drafted in round 1 to eventually be a starting CB. 3 years into the league leaves no excuses. While a bad game doesn't end his career, it's certainly time to prove your worth. Big time players rise in big time games. How many chances will he get this year to be a starting CB? Now is his time to shine.

With Revis's contract year around the corner it sure would ease some worries if Wilson had a monster game and proved he belongs. This is a huge huge test for him personally.

Put up or shut up!
    And again I wouldn't put it all on this game.

He'll be fine... I have faith in the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Wilson, although showing improvement, will give up yards. He's NOT Darelle Revis and nor should he be compared to Revis. The expectations should be high because he was a first round selection, but let's be realistic here. He'll probably make some good plays, and he'll probably get beaten a few times. Such is the story for just about every corner playing the game.

Hopefully he pulls his socks up and plays with his hair on fire, but expectations should be low.
    Good post...except, IMO, expectations should not be low. Theybshould be reasonable for a 1st rounder, surrounded by great D players.

PROVE IT KYLE.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Expectations don't have to be low, just realistic.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Expectations don't have to be low, just realistic.
    True, I meant low compared to the expectations usually reserved for Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    True, I meant low compared to the expectations usually reserved for Revis.
    Totally agree with your 1st post as modified.

Veteran
    I'm not sure if some of you are targeting me with the issue of "putting it all on one game." I did not intend to make it sound it like that. I believe that this game should provide us a more accurate picture of exactly what Kyle Wilson is, and what he can be. Nobody expects him to be Darrelle Revis. What I want to know is if Wilson is just a JAG. If he is, so be it. If he's better than that, we'll see it on Sunday.

At his best he's been an average Nickelback. Now he has to man up on Antonio Brown.

Scary thought.

Think Rex and Pettine will run a lot of Cover 3 and 4 tomorrow, which doesn't fit to our strengths.

Should be interesting.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    At his best he's been an average Nickelback. Now he has to man up on Antonio Brown.

Scary thought.

Think Rex and Pettine will run a lot of Cover 3 and 4 tomorrow, which doesn't fit to our strengths.

Should be interesting.
    Not for nothing, but, Wilson had as many picks last week against the Bills as he had in all of 2011, so, lets hope he can continue that trend and get 1 or 2 more against the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is going to be a total disaster. Wilson stinks. Brace yourselfs.
    Its gonna be a handful of good olays and some bad for Kyle lets hope the good plays come at critical momentsk and not the other way around.

my enduring memory of him will always be the pass bouncing off his grill on 3rd & 2 against PIT right after the Holmes TD. Jets get penalized for running into the kicker on 4th down and the rest is just about history

If Mo Wilkerson is in beast mode, Wilson will get Int opportunities.