View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

56 66.67%
  • Steelers

28 33.33%
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Steelers Week 2

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    +1

By the way I think someone should just go ahead and start all of the remaining "official game threads" for the other 14 games right now and save us all the suspense of wondering which "look at me" poster is going to jump in and try to grab that spotlight earlier and earlier every week.

I vote for McGinley to make the threads. I like the graphic and the little write up. But for now on he should make sure it is left-justified and double spaced and bold the important parts.

You are free to make your own thread if you don't like it. It has nothing to do with "look at me". I can't remember the author of any Gameday thread ever. So your point fails.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I can't remember the author of any Gameday thread ever.
    That's because you weren't around for GJ&H.

And, for the record, I too wanted McG to make this thread. It's really not that big a deal.
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 09-15-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Geez, it's just a thread. Who cares who made it? If someone else wants to make one and Sooth dumps this one, be my guest.

When did message boards become srs business?
    People take this place way too seriously.

I like your style. I think the Gameday thread should be yours. Makes sense to have one person make it. I don't see what the big deal is.

As they say . . . bunch of deeks on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That's because you weren't around for GJ&H.
    So you think.

He made the banner, or so I am told. I don't see what the big deal is. Makes sense for one person to make them. Keeps things organized. There is no prize for doing it. I think he is doing us a service.

All Pro
    LOL. We getting this off to a quick start this week.

Did you make that graphic yourself? Great job but you left out part of the Pitt facemask.
    DeeDee,

Thats the opening that Coples will insert his muddy fist through to re break Rothleesburgers shnozzle.

EDIT: GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    DeeDee,

Thats the opening that Coples will insert his muddy fist through to re break Rothleesburgers shnozzle.

EDIT: GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From your tanned lips . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    He made the banner, or so I am told. I don't see what the big deal is. Makes sense for one person to make them. Keeps things organized. There is no prize for doing it. I think he is doing us a service.
    I'm not sure about the banner (think you may have been mislead), but all I know is that crazy **** was all about superstition, so if the Jets won, he'd HAVE to start the following week's thread.

EM31 is just rustled. Not worth the attention.

And who were you before this alias? Must have missed that one.

Hall Of Fame
    Geez, it's just a thread. Who cares who made it? If someone else wants to make one and Sooth dumps this one, be my guest.

When did message boards become srs business?
    The search feature will rehash the disputes that happened if you have any interest. If memory serves they were connected in part to a former moderator who wanted to be the one and only one to set the game day stage. It wasn't the Armageddon-style disputes that we have witnessed on other topics but I seem to remember that it resulted in a curfew of sorts before which the "official game thread" could not be started. This because they were being started on Saturdays, Fridays and even midweek. This often resulted in several of them that needed to get merged. If all of that was before your time the (a) you did not miss much but (b) it did happen and it began with people jumping the gun.

So you think.

I really am the hero this city deserves.

#DarkKnighting

Hall Of Fame
    I vote for McGinley to make the threads. I like the graphic and the little write up. But for now on he should make sure it is left-justified and double spaced and bold the important parts.

You are free to make your own thread if you don't like it. It has nothing to do with "look at me". I can't remember the author of any Gameday thread ever. So your point fails.
    I have never made a game day thread and nor do harbor any desire to do so. So your point fails.

In spades.

The search feature will rehash the disputes that happened if you have any interest. If memory serves they were connected in part to a former moderator who wanted to be the one and only one to set the game day stage. It wasn't the Armageddon-style disputes that we have witnessed on other topics but I seem to remember that it resulted in a curfew of sorts before which the "official game thread" could not be started. This because they were being started on Saturdays, Fridays and even midweek. This often resulted in several of them that needed to get merged. If all of that was before your time the (a) you did not miss much but (b) it did happen and it began with people jumping the gun.
    I understand what you're saying. I just don't see the big deal over a thread. I mean, if I made a pre-game thread show thread then Ok, but I didn't.

All Pro
    I understand what you're saying. I just don't see the big deal over a thread. I mean, if I made a pre-game thread show thread then Ok, but I didn't.
    Just dont forget the visuals. Some shot buffalo in a field for last week, some dead dolphins on a beach when the time comes, etc.

Hall Of Fame
    Mc, stop replying to him. I see where this is going.

Lets get back to the game.

Looking forward to seeing Pouha come back. I had high hoped for Ellis last week but I think we missed Pouha's consistency.

Hall Of Fame
    No harm no foul I withdraw any historical observations. Particularly since they probably came across as snarky.

Once again nice game graphic there and if they ever get around to anointing a new official game day thread person you would get my vote too.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have never made a game day thread and nor do harbor any desire to do so. So your point fails.

In spades.

Mc, stop replying to him. I see where this is going.

Lets get back to the game.

Looking forward to seeing Pouha come back. I had high hoped for Ellis last week but I think we missed Pouha's consistency.
    Agreed. Given the fact that Pit is down their best rb already, Pouha back should help lock down the run for sure.

Really looking to see how Hill responds after last weeks success. He's raw and will need time, but he could be the next big thing.
    Last edited by McGinley; 09-15-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    lol...

Not at all. I have nothing but admiration for someone who can amass nearly 8000 posts in less than one year. That is 25 posts a day. Every day!

Hall Of Fame
    Agreed. Given the fact that Pit is down their best rb already, Pouha back should help lock down the run for sure.

Really looking to see how Hill responds after last weeks success. He's raw and will need time, but he could be the next big thing.
    I would like to see them get both Hill and Holmes involved early. Some of those deep passes we threw last week were b.c the OL blocked well. Even without Harrison, Pitt still has a formidable front 7 capable of creating pressure. So if we plan on him stretching the field we are going to need some good blocking. I will be interested in seeing where Woodley lines up.

I would like to see them get both Hill and Holmes involved early. Some of those deep passes we threw last week were b.c the OL blocked well. Even without Harrison, Pitt still has a formidable front 7 capable of creating pressure. So if we plan on him stretching the field we are going to need some good blocking. I will be interested in seeing where Woodley lines up.
    What worries me is Hill possibly getting blown up by Polamalu. Hill is new and hasn't faced a guy of that caliber and intensity.

Hall Of Fame
    What worries me is Hill possibly getting blown up by Polamalu. Hill is new and hasn't faced a guy of that caliber and intensity.
    Do we know that he is playing? I just checked and it said he was unlikely. Even if he does play, he will have a bad wheel and that will hamper him. I think he would be more of a decoy. IMO he has been living off of his reputation for a couple of years now. Not the player he once was. We should attack him if he is in there, especially if they are in man to man.