View Poll Results: Who comes out victorious?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jets

    56 66.67%
  • Steelers

    28 33.33%
Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1584

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Jets Vs. Steelers Week 2

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Do we know that he is playing? I just checked and it said he was unlikely. Even if he does play, he will have a bad wheel and that will hamper him. I think he would be more of a decoy. IMO he has been living off of his reputation for a couple of years now. Not the player he once was. We should attack him if he is in there, especially if they are in man to man.
    I'm pretty sure he'll play. We do know Harrison is out, though. In any event, Troy may not be what he once was, but he's still capable of laying guys out. Especially guys like Hill who don't yet have that respect you get for a guy after he knocks you the hell out.

    On the other hand, Hill is probably way too fast for Polamalu anyway.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    The fan in me of course wants to pick us, but the intelligent side of me is screaming Pittsburgh. I didn't think we'd win this game when the schedule came out in April and now without Revis, Thomas and Keller, I definitely don't think we'll win it now despite Pittsburgh being without Harrison and maybe Polamalu.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it.
    I see the Pittsburgh inactives more important and I just think that Pittsburgh is not the same team any more. I think the Jets win by 10

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,809
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I see the Pittsburgh inactives more important and I just think that Pittsburgh is not the same team any more. I think the Jets win by 10
    +1

    The Steelers were at the very top of my list of teams who were due for a down year (or two)

  4. #44
    Was just looking at rankings from last year and thought this was funny.

    The Jets lit up the Bills on Sunday with 48 points (4 TDs on offense alone). While that was certainly a very good showing regardless of what defense it was, the media is downplaying it by saying it doesn't mean anything due to the fact that the Bills were ranked 26th overall in defense last season. What's the funny part? Pittsburgh only put up 19 points against the 20th ranked defense of 2011. But, of course, that's no big deal and is swept under the rug.

    Now I'm not saying we've got this in the bag by any means, but I think a win against Pittsburgh is certainly not out of the question for the Jets.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,909
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Was just looking at rankings from last year and thought this was funny.

    The Jets lit up the Bills on Sunday with 48 points (4 TDs on offense alone). While that was certainly a very good showing regardless of what defense it was, the media is downplaying it by saying it doesn't mean anything due to the fact that the Bills were ranked 26th overall in defense last season. What's the funny part? Pittsburgh only put up 19 points against the 20th ranked defense of 2011. But, of course, that's no big deal and is swept under the rug.

    Now I'm not saying we've got this in the bag by any means, but I think a win against Pittsburgh is certainly not out of the question for the Jets
    .
    I like the Steelers by 2.

    Thats gonna be a tough crowd to play in front of tomorrow.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    I like the Steelers by 2.

    Thats gonna be a tough crowd to play in front of tomorrow.
    I do favor the Steelers in this match up just because it's only week 2, so we're still not sure if our Offense has truly found an identity or not. But yea, I'm predicting a close game either way.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,909
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I do favor the Steelers in this match up just because it's only week 2, so we're still not sure if our Offense has truly found an identity or not. But yea, I'm predicting a close game either way.
    +1

    A good showing by the O tomorrow would go a LONG way for every Jets fan.

    I have the crust for Stephen Hill. Dont hurt me Stevie.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,078
    It's a long season these first few games will show what we don't have which is most important.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,909
    J

  10. #50

  11. #51

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,364
    T

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    +1

    By the way I think someone should just go ahead and start all of the remaining "official game threads" for the other 14 games right now and save us all the suspense of wondering which "look at me" poster is going to jump in and try to grab that spotlight earlier and earlier every week.

    +1

    That about sums up the impression I got the second I saw it. Couldn't have said it better.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,909
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    +1

    That about sums up the impression I got the second I saw it. Couldn't have said it better.
    I love you.

    Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Do we know that he is playing? I just checked and it said he was unlikely. Even if he does play, he will have a bad wheel and that will hamper him. I think he would be more of a decoy. IMO he has been living off of his reputation for a couple of years now. Not the player he once was. We should attack him if he is in there, especially if they are in man to man.
    How'd he look last week? I don't mind having him out there if it's in a hampered state. I'm actually concerned how much getting Ryan Clark back is gonna help . . .

  17. #57
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm pretty sure he'll play. We do know Harrison is out, though. In any event, Troy may not be what he once was, but he's still capable of laying guys out. Especially guys like Hill who don't yet have that respect you get for a guy after he knocks you the hell out.

    On the other hand, Hill is probably way too fast for Polamalu anyway.
    Troy's game isn't really speed, it's instinct. He seems to get a jump on some plays that is uncanny and he has enough speed and power to blow up a RB, WR or TE if he gets close. In a footrace, Hill wins, but if Troy gets an angle on him, watch out.

    Having said that, we now (finally) have our own S who can blow sh*t up and I for one am starting to understand how much fun Troy's been to Steeler fans all these years.

  18. #58


    A hero can be anyone.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    18,440
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post


    A hero can be anyone.
    That is ****ing DOPE, man. Just made it my desktop background.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That is ****ing DOPE, man. Just made it my desktop background.
    Larger (hi-res) version: http://i.imgur.com/xrp0d.jpg

    Enjoy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us