Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kansas Republicans attempting to remove Obama from ballot over “birther” concerns

Post Kansas Republicans attempting to remove Obama from ballot over “birther” concerns

Kansas panel delays ballot decision on Obama

Kobach seeks Democrat's birth records from Hawaii
    Posted: September 13, 2012 - 5:57pm
    By Tim Carpenter
    THE CAPITAL-JOURNAL

Three of the state's top elected Republicans on Thursday determined they lacked sufficient
    evidence of President Barack Obama's birth records
    to decide whether to remove the Democratic
    nominee from the November ballot in Kansas.

The State Objections Board comprised of Secretary of State Kris Kobach, Attorney General Derek
    Schmidt and Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer postponed until Monday action on a complaint filed by a
    Manhattan resident pending review of a copy of Obama's birth certificate from Hawaii.
    "I don't think it's a frivolous objection," Kobach said. "I do think the factual record could be
    supplemented."

Requests were to be sent to officials in Hawaii, Arizona and Mississippi in an attempt to secure
    copies of the president's birth records. Obama released a copy of his birth certificate last year, but
    detractors persist in advancing "birther" arguments that the Democrat lacked standing.
    Removal of Obama's name in Kansas — a state certain to side with Republican presidential
    nominee Mitt Romney — would be strange given the president's mother, Stanley Ann Dunham,
    and maternal grandparents, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham, were Kansas natives.
    “My Kansas roots run deep,” Obama said during a trip to Osawatomie in December.
    Joe Montgomery, who filed the ballot challenge with the all-Republican panel, said the president's
    father held British and Kenyan citizenship, making Obama ineligible to run for the nation's highest
    office.

Montgomery pointed to a handful of U.S. Supreme Court cases to support his claim a presidential
    candidate must be a "natural born citizen" from two American citizens.
    "As for Mr. Obama's citizenship, there are many doubts," he said. "Doing the right thing can be
    hard and unpopular."
    A legal representative of Obama submitted a letter arguing the complaint had no merit.
    No representative of the Kansas Democratic Party attended the hearing in a Topeka auditorium.
    Dakota Loomis, spokesman for the state Democratic Party, declined to answer directly whether
    the complaint was justified. Instead, he criticized Gov. Sam Brownback's approval of a bill
    reducing state income taxes.

"We're focusing on Kansas candidates and letting people know about Brownback's tax plan,"
    Loomis said.
    Montgomery, who works at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University, said
    Obama hadn’t provided valid documentary evidence to establish his birth in the United States.
    In Montgomery's written complaint, he declared "there is substantial evidence showing that much
    of Mr. Obama's alleged birth certificates have been forged or doctored, and have not been
    confirmed as legally valid, true and accurate."

Meanwhile, the state board decided Democrat Tom Sawyer could remain on ballots in Wichita as a
    candidate for the Kansas House. Craig Gabel, president of Kansans for Liberty and an advocate of
    Sawyer's opponent in the November election, said Sawyer misrepresented on state documents his
    actual address. Gabel referred to the residence listed on Sawyer's candidate filing records as having
    been "abandoned.

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-09-13/...decision-obama
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 09-15-2012 at 12:39 PM.

The more the loons push the party further to the right, the more they lose the majority of the country.

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-09-13/...-kansas-ballot
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 09-15-2012 at 12:42 PM.

They may figure that out one day, but not soon enough....

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    They may figure that out one day, but not soon enough....
    Its sad because I want my country to be run well. I would vote for the candidate from either party that was not simply a mouth piece for special interest groups. But since big money finds, funds and gets elected the candidates of their choosing, I have little hope that either party will change.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 09-15-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Its sad because I want my country to be run well. I would vote for the candidate from either party that was not simply a mouth piece for special interest groups. But since big money finds, funds and gets elected the candidates of their choosing, I have little hope that either party will change.

All League
    Dear birthers,

Let. It. Go.

This makes much more sense then photo ID laws. If you want to supress votes for specific candidates removing them from the ballot is the better way to go.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    This makes much more sense then photo ID laws. If you want to supress votes for specific candidates removing them from the ballot is the better way to go.
    lmfao!!

Obama was not winning Kansas anyway. Now if he could get removed from NY or California then this would be a story worth discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Obama was not winning Kansas anyway. Now if he could get removed from NY or California then this would be a story worth discussing.
    Romney would STILL find a way to lose those states

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Romney would STILL find a way to lose those states
    You're probably right. There are a lot of idiots registered to vote in those states...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    No one believes you.

You'll be voting Democratic despite this faux outrage.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 09-17-2012 at 10:31 AM.

This sort of stupidity by the Republicands in Kansas is shameful.
    Obama was born here. I dislike him and his policies are bad BUT he is a U.S. citizen. Enough.
    Same with the nonsense that GWB knew about and planned 9/11. Moronic thinking.
    Too far right OR left is bad. Romney is a cenrist. A 6.5 on a 10 point scale. Let's face it, Obama is a leftist. About a 2.5.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    "Birther"ism = crazy

But "9/11 for Truth, Bush Did It, Cheney Did It"ism = Logical and Fact based. Just ask the Liberal Radio host who did his whole 9/11 show on that topic.

Welcome to Liberal Politics 101

Banish all the crazies, on both sides.

Vote Libertarian. No birtherism, no trutherism here.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No one believes you.

Your opinion + $1.25 = a cup of coffee at my local corner store.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No one believes you.

+1

Veteran
    Why is anyone asking about his Connecticut SSN? Stealing a SSN seems felonious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Why is anyone asking about his Connecticut SSN? Stealing a SSN seems felonious to me.
    Because Rupert Murdoch has not instructed the flock to start talking about it yet.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Birther"ism = crazy

But "9/11 for Truth, Bush Did It, Cheney Did It"ism = Logical and Fact based. Just ask the Liberal Radio host who did his whole 9/11 show on that topic.

Welcome to Liberal Politics 101

Banish all the crazies, on both sides.

Vote Libertarian. No birtherism, no trutherism here.
    How many liberals on this site are 'inside job'ers'?

How many conservatives on this site are birthers?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    How many liberals on this site are 'inside job'ers'?

How many conservatives on this site are birthers?

I would think even you would know that the 10-20 regular posters in here does not represent a statistical pool large enough to draw conclusions from.

However, the on-air 3 hours (including plenty of call-in's) on Liberal "Left" on Sirius on 9/11, dedicated to Trutherism, was somewhat more representative of the politicially active/dedicated on the left.

Speaking of which, I heard a good one today. The Extremists (they didn't say Muslim of course, just extremists) WANT Romney to win in Nov., because they want more war with the U.S., and Romney will bring that.