Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Bills fans' go from rustled to full on Mario Williams mode

Buffalo Bills fans' go from rustled to full on Mario Williams mode

THE JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...6-Wow-just-wow

Apparently, we're filthy filthy cheaters because their team doesn't have a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    THE JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...6-Wow-just-wow

Apparently, we're filthy filthy cheaters because their team doesn't have a pair.

Seems that they are stuck back in the 60's or 70's when you weren't allowed to grab jerseys while blocking.

I never noticed any cheating the part of the Jets, but if they did, they should use the cheating against the Steelers. They can use every advantage they can possibly get. Against the Steelers? They are going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I never noticed any cheating the part of the Jets, but if they did, they should use the cheating against the Steelers. They can use every advantage they can possibly get. Against the Steelers? They are going to need it.
    Dunno about that. I think our improved offense can hang with the Steelers D, but you can almost guarantee Big Ben will have a rough night seeing as how his OLine likes to do what the Jets OLine did last year. We'll be able to get pressure consistently on Ben.

The key, however, is what about AFTER we get pressure on him? Ben is one of those guys that won't go down easily. If you get a hand on him, you better be able to bring him down with it or he's gonna make a play.

Veteran
    Blaming it to the refs, eh? At least some Bills fans have a realistic view and understand that their team just sucked last week.

Hall Of Fame
    Here are some nice ones.

Rex is fat dirtbag and plays dirty as we can see...they're gonna get their arse handed to them when they play Pittsburg.
    I also find it ironic that after the "eye for an eye" thing that Mario was talking about in his presser prior to the game and then the complaining after. I thought he would display more toughness to the JV guy. I was wrong!!
    'id love to see the jets try that stuff against the steelers.'

I'd love to see the jets try that stuff against a Bills team that actually had a nut****

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Dunno about that. I think our improved offense can hang with the Steelers D, but you can almost guarantee Big Ben will have a rough night seeing as how his OLine likes to do what the Jets OLine did last year. We'll be able to get pressure consistently on Ben.

The key, however, is what about AFTER we get pressure on him? Ben is one of those guys that won't go down easily. If you get a hand on him, you better be able to bring him down with it or he's gonna make a play.
    Safety blitz with our new safeties might have better results than in past games. But yeah, Ben on the loose is a big concern.

We have whiney posters here too but if you read through you will see far less than 50% support this guy.

This is what happens when you believe the media Cinderella hype they pile on you. A big heaping dose of reality sets you off grasping at straws looking for reasons as to why your "up and coming" team got embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Seems that they are stuck back in the 60's or 70's when you weren't allowed to grab jerseys while blocking.
    You aren't allowed to grab a jersey by the rule. I'm not saying they're not whinners, just saying you don't understand the rule.

1. The hand(s) shall be:
    (a) In advance of the elbow.
    (b) Inside the frame of the opponent’s body (Exception: When the opponent turns his back to the blocker) (A.R. 9-3-3-VI and VII).
    (c) At or below the shoulder(s) of the blocker and the opponent (Exception: When the opponent squats, ducks or submarines).
    (d) Apart and never in a locked position.

2. The hand(s) shall be open with the palm(s) facing the frame of the opponent or closed or cupped with the palms not facing the opponent (A.R. 9-3-3-I-IV and VI-VIII).

PENALTY—10 yards from the basic spot (Exception: Offensive team illegal use of hands fouls behind the neutral zone are
    enforced from the previous spot. Safety if the foul occurs
    behind Team A’s goal line).

b. Holding or illegal obstruction by a teammate of the runner or passer applies to Rule 9-3-3-a:

1. The hand(s) and arm(s) shall not be used to grasp, pull or encircle in any way that illegally impedes or illegally obstructs an opponent.
    2. The hand(s) or arm(s) shall not be used to hook, clamp or otherwise illegally impede or illegally obstruct an opponent (A.R. 9-3-3-I).

PENALTY—10 yards from the basic spot (Exception: Offensive team holding fouls behind the neutral zone are enforced from the previous spot. Safety if the foul occurs behind Team A’s goal line)

The Approved Football interpretation of the rules are as follows: SECTION 3. Blocking, Use of Hand and Arm
    Use of Hands or Arms by Offense—ARTICLE 3
    Approved Ruling 9-3-3

I. While a legal forward pass is in flight, a Team A player behind his scrimmage line holds an opponent. RULING: If the pass is completed, incomplete or intercepted, the penalty is 10 yards from the previous spot. Safety if the foul occurs behind Team A’s goal line.

II. A teammate of the passer or runner, while charging across the neutral zone, contacts an opponent with his hands and arms not parallel to the ground or his hands cupped or closed but with the palms not facing the opponent. RULING: Legal use of hands.

III. A teammate of the passer or runner, behind the neutral zone, has his arms parallel to the ground and contacts an opponent above the shoulders. RULING: Illegal use of hands. Penalty—10 yards or 15 yards for personal foul, previous-spot enforcement. Safety if the foul occurs behind Team A’s goal line.

IV. A teammate of the passer or runner delivers a blow with the hand(s)closed to an opponent below the shoulders. RULING: Personal foul. Penalty—15 yards, basic-spot enforcement, or previous-spot enforcement if foul occurs behind the neutral zone. Safety if the foul occurs behind Team A’s goal line.

V. A2’s hands contact defensive player B2 in a legal block. B2 spins to avoid blocker A2, whose hands then contact B2’s back. RULING: Legal block.

VI. A2’s hands contact defensive player B2’s back when B2 spins to avoid A2. A2 keeps his hands on B2’s back while B2 advances toward the passer. RULING: Legal block.

VII. A2’s hands contact defensive player B2 when B2 spins to avoid blocker A2, whose hands then contact B2’s back. After A2’s hands lose contact with B2, A2 advances and pushes B2 in the back. RULING: Illegal block in the back. Penalty—10 yards, basic-spot enforcement, or previous-spot enforcement if foul occurs behind the neutral zone (Rule 2-3-4). Safety if the foul occurs behind Team A’sgoal line.

VIII. A1 in, beyond or behind the neutral zone contacts an opponent with an open hand or with hands closed or cupped and palms not facing the opponent. RULING: Legal block.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    You aren't allowed to grab a jersey by the rule. I'm not saying they're not whinners, just saying you don't understand the rule.
    Thanks. Read the whole thing.

Veteran
    They don't call holding if grab the jersey inside the shoulders.

You guys laugh, but this place would have been a thousand times worse if the results were reversed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post
    You guys laugh, but this place would have been a thousand times worse if the results were reversed.

Very true. Its easier to say the other team cheated, than it is to acknowledge your team played bad and has some issues.

All League
    lol, bills fans are so sad

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    We have whiney posters here too but if you read through you will see far less than 50% support this guy.
    Not in that thread. I was waiting for the level headed responses, there were only a few. Was surprised that one after another basically said the same things, the Jets are lead by a dirty hc and they're a dirty team.

Never heard that before , never noticed it

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    this... it's what the whole league does

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Not in that thread. I was waiting for the level headed responses, there were only a few. Was surprised that one after another basically said the same things, the Jets are lead by a dirty hc and they're a dirty team.

Never heard that before , never noticed it
    It's about time Somme said it. I mean, we should be as honest and clean as the Patriots.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SyracuseJet View Post

Jetsfans usually put the shame on their own team, not the opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    ^^ This.

The way it was explained to me is that inside the shoulders/frame is fine when you are squared up and engaged. But, for example, if a defender tries to loop around, and you reach out and grab, that will get called. Or, if you are locked up with a guy and he tries to go to one side or the other and your grabbing prevents it, that will be called if you could have affected the play. But just locking up, standing a guy up and having hold of his jersey will rarely, if ever get called, and it happens on just about every play.

On the RB in question, don't remember who it was, but his hands were inside and they locked up. Jammer got turned and fell to the ground, pulling the Jet with him. That's just good blocking.