Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has to be tomorrow's MVP? (non-Sanchez)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we are going to see a lot of 3 safety formations tomorrow, mixing it up with all 4 players, Landry, Bell, Bush, and Smith

I can see a lot of 4-2-5 and 3-3-5.

My MVP

Toss up between McKnight and Cumberland

I think McKnight could be bigger part of game plan, especially in wildcat and on screens, I'll give him the edge with a key defensive play.

Cumberland could have a breakout game, I see him being a big part of the game plan with his speed and the Steelers maybe overlooking him with Keller out. Could be big part of game plan against an aggressive Pitt D.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Landry, He has to help Kyle over the top all day with the speedsters they have. Cro has the speed to keep up I think, but does get burnt every now and then. Pouha has to play good against run also so he comes in a close second for my wishful MVP.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shonn Greene is gonna have to morph into the War Machine we grew to love in the 2009 season. If the run is working against a stout pitt D, Mark is gonna FEAST off of playaction

But....

That is a tall order to expect so imma have to go with Thrill Hill to use his size and speed to exploit Pitt's overrated corners....it can be done, he just has to channel his inner Demarius Thomas...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it has to be anyone because everyone has to play well if the Jets are going to win.

Obviously, Wilson becomes even more important in 24's place, so I'll go with him for the sake of the thread.

But I'm looking for Coples/Wilkerson to have big games.

And I hope Powell gets a chance to steal some carries away from Greene.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a cornerback, but it's not Wilson...it's Lankster.

He's going to be on the field A LOT, and when Ben is running around back there, buying time for his receivers, Lankster has to stick with Brown or Sanders, whoever he's covering on that play. (I assume we'll stick Cro on Wallace for the whole game, don't think any of our other corners have to speed to keep up with him)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lankster, Strickland or whoever plays as our Nickel Corner. I'm more worried about them getting burnt then I am about Kyle Wilson against Antonio Brown. We also need Bart to play lights out or we will get hurt by Heath Miller.

I'm not too worried about their backs as we're good at shutting down power backs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples with 3 sacks, 1 for a to

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofNY View Post
    Lankster, Strickland or whoever plays as our Nickel Corner. I'm more worried about them getting burnt then I am about Kyle Wilson against Antonio Brown. We also need Bart to play lights out or we will get hurt by Heath Miller.

I'm not too worried about their backs as we're good at shutting down power backs.
    +1
    Especially in the red zone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pouha will be the MVP, but no one will notice. Powell will be the X factor, and We'll see Konrad start to make a name for himself. I like the way this kid plays football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dark horse ...

P O W E L L

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL

Real fan talk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL

Real fan talk
    Miller will meet Laron SMASH early and often.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm more worried about them getting burnt then I am about Kyle Wilson against Antonio Brown. We also need Bart to play lights out or we will get hurt by Heath Miller.
    \

What's the word on D. Davis? he was hot, then not. He was supposed to be our zippy dude to drop in coverage against TEs.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It takes all 3 phases to beat a good team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    COPLES or MAYBIN... If one of them can put Big Bengy down we'll have a great game

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see it as a toss-up between any of these guys:

Trufant
    Ellis
    Brick
    cOples
    Wilson

Then again, there might be a surprise game "savior" hidden on the team... or in my post....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Folk with a record breaking field goal that shocks the world.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quentin Coples by far...

We've all said the Jets have a pass rush now. So where was it last weekend? Sorry, but pressuring the QB is not the same as sacking him.

In order to best the Steelers the Jets are going to have to contain Roethlisberger in the pocket and SACK him. Big Ben is a mental case. He doesn't give a sh*t how many times he gets sacked, he'll just still stand there perfectly still waiting for his pass routes to develop.

Therefore, where Ben is apparently immune to QB pressure getting o him. You MUST hit that QB. You MUST wrap him up. Take that motherf*cker down.

We've also been boasting how great Coples has been in the preseason. He made some plays in the opener, but I really thought he'd get sacks. He didn't.

NOW is the time to pulverize that raping a$$hole. Pound him into next week. Be as disruptive as you possibly can. Especially, when you consider the Steelers are having OL issues. Coples needs to nail Ben early and often. Strip sack him and create easy opportunities for Sanchez. Those short field opportunities worked like a charm for Sanchez last weekend.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Obviously Sanchez's performance will be crucial to us winning the game...

But outside of him, who do you think will (or will need to) stand out and be the game's MVP or X factor for us to win?

(Don't pick a whole UNIT like "D-Line". Gimme a name.)

My knee jerk answer is K. Wilson, but I'm going to say Coples. Our 1st rounder is going to have to have the kind of game we drafted him for. Terrorize and Tackle Big Ben. It's going to be essential that Ben doesn't hang on to the ball for any longer than his drop back.

I'm all in.
    It's very hard to pick a single player, my first gut reaction was the D-Line, but, since you don't want that kind of answer I will say either one of these 2 having a big game would go a long way towards the Jets winning:

Sione Pouha or Stephen Hill.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 09-16-2012 at 04:15 AM.