Thread: Shark notes...keys to...

Shark notes...keys to...

beat Pittsburgh.

1. Protect Sanchez
    2. run the wild cat 10+times
    3. run the ball 40 times
    4. Holmes needs to perform big time
    5. defense needs sacks!!!

Add other keys and # them in importance...

Ladies, Gentlemen & kids your responses are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark99 View Post
    beat Pittsburgh.

1. Protect Sanchez
    3. run the ball 40 times

Wat.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wat.
    We need to the run the ball often. This can include wildcat formation. Does this answer your question???

We need to the run the ball often. This can include wildcat formation. Does this answer your question???
    No thanks. I'll take Mark having protection and receivers who can go get the ball downfield over Greene maybe getting 2 or 3 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No thanks. I'll take Mark having protection and receivers who can go get the ball downfield over Greene maybe getting 2 or 3 yards.
    good point McGinley. What else is needed to beat the Steelers???

good point McGinley. What else is needed to beat the Steelers???
    Exploiting their OLine. Their OLine is easily one of the worst in the league (maybe just behind the bears). With guys like Coples and Maybin, getting to Big Ben should be easy. That said, Ben is so damn allusive when he's put under pressure, so our guys gotta make sure that if they get a single hand on him that it's enough to bring him down.

You realize the weakest part of the Steelers' defense is the secondary, right?

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    You realize the weakest part of the Steelers' defense is the secondary, right?
    Haha, John, you know what I just realized?

WELCOME BACK, SCHOTTY!

The key to beating the Steelers has been the same for the past decade:

Keep them out of their base 3-4 personnel on defense.

You can't let them keep all of those talented linebackers on the field for 80% of the game.

The Ravens finally figured this out last year. After going 0-3 against the Steelers in 2010, they were 2-0, and did it by throwing the ball 47 times in one game and 29 in the other. 29 passes isn't that much, but they won the game by 28. They threw 19 passes in the 1st half, then only 10 in the 2nd half.

If you're going to try to beat the Steelers on the ground, it means you're trying to win a 13-10 game. The Ravens tried that approach for many years against the Steelers, achieving very limited success.

Keys to the game:

1) Pass Protection
    2) Pass Protection
    3) Pass Protection
    4) Throw
    5) Throw
    6) Throw

Jets Insider VIP
    beat Pittsburgh.

1. Protect Sanchez
    3. run the ball 40 times

Pretty big wish list............

How about, to steal from SAR I, PLEASE tackle someone.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Divide and conquer.

All Pro
    I think the real key is, we need to run the ball effectively.

Running the ball a lot means nothing if we're getting 0, 1, or 2 yard gains.

If we get 2 yards on first down, and get stuffed on second down, 3rd and 8 is not where we want to be.

I think we go with what worked last week -- mix it up. Down/distance, just give them looks they aren't expecting. There's no question the Bills weren't ready for what we threw at them, and I think that might be the case this week too.

1. Start Tebow !

JK

1. Run screens early and often.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I think the real key is, we need to run the ball effectively.

Running the ball a lot means nothing if we're getting 0, 1, or 2 yard gains.

If we get 2 yards on first down, and get stuffed on second down, 3rd and 8 is not where we want to be.

I think we go with what worked last week -- mix it up. Down/distance, just give them looks they aren't expecting. There's no question the Bills weren't ready for what we threw at them, and I think that might be the case this week too.
    I agree. With Polamalu and Harrison out, the Jets need to run the ball effectively to keep the D honest. Regardless of how Sanchez looked last week, I never want to see him throw the ball 40 times a game.

I am also anxious to see how the OL fairs against complex blitz schemes. They looked great last week, but Buffalo didn't do anything creative with their rush.

The running game will be important to down and distance and neutralizing the blitz.

All League
    if polamalu is out, we need to capitalize on that and throw

but I agree the #1 key is to protect sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I agree. With Polamalu and Harrison out, the Jets need to run the ball effectively to keep the D honest. Regardless of how Sanchez looked last week, I never want to see him throw the ball 40 times a game.

I am also anxious to see how the OL fairs against complex blitz schemes. They looked great last week, but Buffalo didn't do anything creative with their rush.

The running game will be important to down and distance and neutralizing the blitz.
    Couldn't disagree more with this post. You don't beat the Steelers by running the ball. You have to spread them out and throw the ball. You pass to set up the run. Their talent is in stopping the run and not the pass. Haven't you guys seen what the Ravens do against the Steelers? Pats too?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Couldn't disagree more with this post. You don't beat the Steelers by running the ball. You have to spread them out and throw the ball. You pass to set up the run. Their talent is in stopping the run and not the pass. Haven't you guys seen what the Ravens do against the Steelers? Pats too?
    That's also with their 2 best run defenders in the game, which they won't be today. I'm not asking for 45 runs today, but we are in trouble if we throw 45 times too. The offense needs to be balanced to keep their blitzes at bay. I could be wrong, and our OL might handle their blitzes beautifully, but I won't count on it until I see it.

Jets Insider VIP
    6. Keep the ball away from Tebow if a called play involves the forward pass

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    This.