Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NY Jets vs Big Ben Douchelisberger & the ****tsburgh Steelers Hampur Gameday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Maybe that helmet-to-helmet hit he took turned him back into the old Sanchez....
    Nooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Well I said I wouldn't wade into the Strip, but I couldn't help myself. And now I wish I didn't.

I see Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf made an appearance last night. Hey Stokes, how much exactly do the mods suck? If you could somehow measure that suckitude in liters of snooty German beer, would it be equivalent to the amount you drank whilst posting last night?
    I've come to really like me some Stokes over the years......honestly, although I get the vibe from him that it's not reciprocated (at all, actually).

But when he is on about Tebow/Sanchez since the trade....he is unreadable. Mean, angry and aggressively so. probably best to just ignore tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I've come to really like me some Stokes over the years......honestly, although I get the vibe from him that it's not reciprocated (at all, actually).

But when he is on about Tebow/Sanchez since the trade....he is unreadable. Mean, angry and aggressively so. probably best to just ignore tbh.
    I've been trying to figure out if the ardor is genuine or schtick. I think he's done a very skillful job in fabricating an "anti-SAR I" persona intended to balance out The Strip.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I've been trying to figure out if the ardor is genuine or schtick. I think he's done a very skillful job in fabricating an "anti-SAR I" persona intended to balance out The Strip.
    Whatever it is, it sucks. "LOLGFY" and STFU kind of lose their impact by the 20th time of using them. It's just hyper-aggressive and mean.

Whatever it is, it sucks. "LOLGFY" and STFU kind of lose their impact by the 20th time of using them. It's just hyper-aggressive and mean.
    I'm not bothered by it. Plenty of "regulars" in there are much nastier than Stokes.

Hall Of Fame
    Well I said I wouldn't wade into the Strip, but I couldn't help myself. And now I wish I didn't.

I see Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf made an appearance last night. Hey Stokes, how much exactly do the mods suck? If you could somehow measure that suckitude in liters of snooty German beer, would it be equivalent to the amount you drank whilst posting last night?
    Ah, excuse me. I minimally ventured onto the strip last night for two threads, and started one of my own.

But the one you are referring to was the one that brought my ire--because some dick thought it funny to start a thread about trading Sanchez.

It's the type of thread that makes the pfail strip unreadable, that should have been nipped in the bud and immediately dumped.

Kind of like my thread last week about Tebow that got dumped, that I got dumped on for and that I was chastised by mods regarding it.

Yet the Trade Mark Sanchez was allowed to stay on the Pfail Strip.

Yeah, in that instance, maybe instead of complaining how bad the Pfail Strip is, maybe something should have been done about it?

Sorry if my pointing that out pains you.

Lets just complain about it here.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Ah, excuse me. I minimally ventured onto the strip last night for two threads, and started one of my own.

But the one you are referring to was the one that brought my ire--because some dick thought it funny to start a thread about trading Sanchez.

It's the type of thread that makes the pfail strip unreadable, that should have been nipped in the bud and immediately dumped.

Kind of like my thread last week about Tebow that got dumped, that I got dumped on for and that I was chastised by mods regarding it.

Yet the Trade Mark Sanchez was allowed to stay on the Pfail Strip.

Yeah, in that instance, maybe instead of complaining how bad the Pfail Strip is, maybe something should have been done about it?

Sorry if my pointing that out pains you.

Lets just complain about it here.

_
    Completely disagree with you here, JS. Why should that topic be off limits? Let the forum, and number of posts, dictate.

Hall Of Fame
    Dude--you took a sabatical after that trade.

That trade has basically sucked all the joy out of this team for me.

Instead of folks complainig about the team or Sanchez or Rex or Holmes or the defense, there were idiots calling into the FAN this am complaining about not using Tebow enough.

That's what this season has come down to.

We're going to kill Miamin next week, everyone will be all happy, then in two weeks get crushed by SF (hopefully not) and folks will start demanding more Tebow.

F*ck Woody Johnson.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Completely disagree with you here, JS. Why should that topic be off limits? Let the forum, and number of posts, dictate.
    Really?

One week after his best game, possibly ever, he throws a clunker (his fault, but not soley his) and a thread about trading Mark Sanchez is not an obvious trolling thread?

Really?

_

Why should that topic be off limits? Let the forum, and number of posts, dictate.
    +1

The Forum will always be what the Forum is, 98% crap, 1.8% decent, 0.2% brilliant.

Barring conversation, even stupid ignorant conversation, won't get rid of it. It'll just percollate into all the other threads insead, derailing one and all. In fact, I'd say it's better to let the chuckleheads have their "lol fire Rex, trade Sanchez today" thread, so they have someplace the more decent posters can see for what it is and choose to ignore. Banning the thread, or the poster, won't get rid of the idea that some folks really think that way.

It's a sure sign of forum fatigue when one starts really railing hard against such sillyness. You cannot hope to stop it, not in a world full of chuckleheads and their ilk being in the majority.

May as well demnd there be no more Francessa threads (not as if I know ANYONE who'd be so silly as to make THAT demand, lol. )

Instead of folks complainig about the team or Sanchez or Rex or Holmes or the defense, there were idiots calling into the FAN this am complaining about not using Tebow enough.

We're going to kill Miamin next week, everyone will be all happy, then in two weeks get crushed by SF (hopefully not) and folks will start demanding more Tebow.

F*ck Woody Johnson.

_
    I still believe the trade is a debacle, for a team whose history is steeped to the gills in travesties. But walking away (and eventual return) was my decision and method to deal with the associated frustration and anger. I would never have wanted the discussion to be expunged.

Hall Of Fame
    And the thread was now dumped.

Geebus.

_

And the thread was now dumped.

Geebus.

_
    Censorist (sic).

Really?

One week after his best game, possibly ever, he throws a clunker (his fault, but not soley his) and a thread about trading Mark Sanchez is not an obvious trolling thread?

Really?

_
    And? So much gold (mostly unintended, I will grant you) has been mined in those threads. I don't mind wading through them to discover a nugget which prompts some humor or wisdom.

+1

The Forum will always be what the Forum is, 98% crap, 1.8% decent, 0.2% brilliant.

Barring conversation, even stupid ignorant conversation, won't get rid of it. It'll just percollate into all the other threads insead, derailing one and all. In fact, I'd say it's better to let the chuckleheads have their "lol fire Rex, trade Sanchez today" thread, so they have someplace the more decent posters can see for what it is and choose to ignore. Banning the thread, or the poster, won't get rid of the idea that some folks really think that way.

It's a sure sign of forum fatigue when one starts really railing hard against such sillyness. You cannot hope to stop it, not in a world full of chuckleheads and their ilk being in the majority.

May as well demnd there be no more Francessa threads (not as if I know ANYONE who'd be so silly as to make THAT demand, lol. )
    Perfectly stated. Again, some of the greatest quotes and/or battles have been waged in these threads.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

Guess that's why I feel at home here

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

F*ck Woody Johnson.

_
    I think you need to take a step back. Lots of posters vent after a bad loss, but you're the only one who tells people to go **** themselves after a dominating win. I agree with Fist, you're a great poster in regard to everything except Tebow. When that topic is raised you can't control yourself. I've asked you to do so kindly in several PMs, and you ignored me and belittled the jobs that the mods do each time. That's why I'm now taking this public. I hope that you can reign it in a little bit. You're too good a poster to fly off the handle so often with so much savagery. Its not good for the board and it's not good for you, frankly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

+1

QFabsoluteT

Very well said, fish.

Jets Insider VIP
    All of you *****es need to relax - ironic coming from me, I know. But there some things not worth wasting the energy on - sadly this franchise has beaten me into submission too many times.

Also: LOLGFY

Get this **** out of the hampur! The strip is the proper forum for mean spirited vitriol and knee jerk terrible analysis. I'm depressed enough as it is after yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Get this **** out of the hampur! The strip is the proper forum for mean spirited vitriol and knee jerk terrible analysis. I'm depressed enough as it is after yesterday.
    Your sig sucks.

Just say'in.