Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Jet team shows up today ?

Which Jet team shows up today ?

The team that scored a lot of points against Buffalo and moved the ball up and down the field or a lot of 3 and outs and it's the Steelers who move the ball up and down and put points on the board ? This is a chance for the Jets to tell the media to stick it up their bung holes and "we are for real!" Can't wait for the game today !! J E T S

All Pro
    I'm deathly afraid we're going to look like the preseason offense. I'm actually fairly confident that on the season we're going to be okay, I really think Mark has taken the next step and that Sparano's offense is a better fit for him...

But we almost never look good offensively against a top flight defense (specifically the Steelers or Ravens).

I suspect many in the media still won't give us credit, but I think if we can score 24+ points it really will be a turning point for this franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I'm deathly afraid we're going to look like the preseason offense. I'm actually fairly confident that on the season we're going to be okay, I really think Mark has taken the next step and that Sparano's offense is a better fit for him...

But we almost never look good offensively against a top flight defense (specifically the Steelers or Ravens).

I suspect many in the media still won't give us credit, but I think if we can score 24+ points it really will be a turning point for this franchise.
    I'm deathly afraid we're going to look like the preseason offense.

I have felt this way since 1979....

i have a gut feeling the offense of the preseason will show up today

Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    That's cause you are the worst poster and fan ever in the history of fanship.

EAD

The final score was certainly convincing enough last week, but a closer look at the offensive production doesn't exactly depict a juggernaut:
    1. first two td's on short fields after turnovers
    2. two minute offense with a short field at the end of the half only nets a fg
    3. another short field after a pick to start the 2nd half
    4. two td's not by the offense: Kerley's punt ret. and Cromartie's int. ret.

Take away the turn-overs and that offense juggernaut never materializes.

But of course it did. And defense and turn-overs do count. And it ended up as a blowout. If the Jets could count on every team to bumble around like fitzpatrick and the bills that would be great, but of course they can't.

What impressed me the most though, was in the 4th quarter, when Buffalo suprisingly got the game within reach (theoretically speaking if not realistically), the Jets recovered the onsides, and took over 5 minutes off the clock to seal the W with Greene's plunge from the 1. We saw that same type of drive result in a 3 and out under Schottenhimer time and time again. If there is a reason for optimism and confidence, that drive - and Sparano in general - are it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post
    The final score was certainly convincing enough last week, but a closer look at the offensive production doesn't exactly depict a juggernaut:

But of course it did. And defense and turn-overs do count. And it ended up as a blowout. If the Jets could count on every team to bumble around like fitzpatrick and the bills that would be great, but of course they can't.

What impressed me the most though, was in the 4th quarter, when Buffalo suprisingly got the game within reach (theoretically speaking if not realistically), the Jets recovered the onsides, and took over 5 minutes off the clock to seal the W with Greene's plunge from the 1. We saw that same type of drive result in a 3 and out under Schottenhimer time and time again. If there is a reason for optimism and confidence, that drive - and Sparano in general - are it.
    I see what you're saying, but capitalizing on turnovers (by scoring TDs) is important, and what a good offense does. I've seen plenty of Jets offenses that have been beneficiaries of turnovers but simply haven't put it in the end zone. This offense goes for the touchdown (and the jugular) and doesn't squander a turnover by going 3 and out or settling for a field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldWalt View Post

2 punts... It feels like it hadnt happened in a decade

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    Try eating more fiber!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    That's cause you are the worst poster and fan ever in the history of fanship.

EAD
    Somebody needed to say it.

_

• We are in first place
    • We are undefeated
    • We are the highest scoring team in the league
    • Special teams are #1 in the league
    • Sanchez had 70% completions for 124.6 rating
    • 0 sacks of Sanchez
    • Our D is ranked 32nd but we know that doesn't mean squat
    • All our O line fears have evaporated
    Downside:

Whenever I feel this confident god is setting me up to cut my b@lls off.

I still think we are going to take this one. We will know in the first 10 minutes if it's the hungover O that shows up or the one we know it can be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hopefully the one that wins.

I don't really think it's a matter of which team shows up but the Jets must have their BEST team show up.

The injuries to Revis, Keller, and Thomas complicate things a lot. They'll have to totally rearrange their normal approaches to defending in order to compensate for the loss of those 3 players.

In other words, they must play their best football if they want to win. Even then, I doubt it happens, but I will certainly be hoping and rooting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Hopefully the one that wins.
    Hopefully the one that doesn't suck.

Would love to win but just as well want to see our team not play like they have a "brady" up their butt.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

The Jets beat the Jaguars 32-3 at home in September last year, then went on the road and lost 3 straight.

The Jets beat the Chiefs 37-10 at home in December last year, then went on the road and lost 3 straight.

The Jets didn't beat a decent team, beat no one with a winning record.

Today will tell us a lot about the 2012 Jets.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Jets beat the Jaguars 32-3 at home in September last year, then went on the road and lost 3 straight.

The Jets beat the Chiefs 37-10 at home in December last year, then went on the road and lost 3 straight.

SAR I
    You held yourself back a little on that last line.

I was waiting for the your big punchline....but I'm glad you're at least keeping an open mind at this point. Sure, history could repeat itself with a bad road loss after a big home win, but let's give the benefit of the doubt for at least a few more hours.

Put up or shut up time for the Jets. Keep the momentum going and show Week 1 wasn't a fluke!

I hope the Jets show up today. The front office seems pretty strong and hasn't screwed up the travel arrangements yet. They'll be there.

Undrafted Free Agent

SAR I
    Today's is a statement game indeed.

We will have more info about the Oline (Austin H in particular)

The RBs Greene or Powell
    Was it the Bills or did Sparano call a good game and GREAT protection schemes.
    The DLine..can it cause pressure be disruptive?.
    Is Scott truely done how will Davis do
    Who sets the edge without BT in ?
    Is the punter for real
    AND how is life without 24?

Never too high after a win never too low after a loss just keep getting better, build chemistry and play NY JETS football

Veteran

SAR I
    today tells us more of the same.
    Chance to take a game on the pats and ravens. Our defense ****s the bed.

Fire tex now

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

They didn't show up.