Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Not As Good As the Steelers, Calm Down

We're Not As Good As the Steelers, Calm Down

We're getting beat by a better team. That's the long and short of it.

The Steelers are a Super Bowl contender playing in their home opener after a tough loss on the road.

We're a team that's trying to make the playoffs.

The Steelers are taking care of business, as they should be.

Yeah, but we have such an elite D line that's should be dominating this line, Right?

Only guy playing well is McIntyre, and he will sit next week when a slower Thomas comes back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Yeah, but we have such an elite D line that's should be dominating this line, Right?

Only guy playing well is McIntyre, and he will sit next week when a slower Thomas comes back.
    Another FLAT performance bay JETS team after a good week.

Not prepared well enough....

The problem is they didn't even compete. Whole team looked soft save for the opening offensive drive. This game was not a blowout, but after the first quarter you never felt they had a chance to win.

All Pro
    Ben made plays ,Mark didn't. After that hit he went into stare down mode.

Rookie
    If we claim to be ready to hang with the big dogs, we can't be getting handed our lunch like this, period. I'd be fine with a close loss but we were thoroughly outclassed today.

All League
    Steelers aren't very good either, we just SUCKED today

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    The problem is they didn't even compete. Whole team looked soft save for the opening offensive drive. This game was not a blowout, but after the first quarter you never felt they had a chance to win.
    Didn't compete?

If you are talking about holmes or Cro then ok.

The defense played their ass off, they just couldn't get Ben on the ground. We had some stupid penalties, missed tackles, kerleys fumble and then never had the ball in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Steelers aren't very good either, we just SUCKED today
    I am with you 100%. We always go into panic mode the minute the opposing crowd starts yelling.

All League
    Couple HUGE mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    If we claim to be ready to hang with the big dogs, we can't be getting handed our lunch like this, period. I'd be fine with a close loss but we were thoroughly outclassed today.
    Who's claiming it? Rex didn't make any claims this year.

Someone is "expecting" too much.

You know what I predicted the score would be?

27-13 Steelers. So I called this game exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    We're not on that level.

Didn't everyone already know this?

We're going 9-7/10-6 against a soft schedule.

Game was simple. Their QB was by far the best player on the field and made us pay even when we had the right defensive playcall. Their WRs were also noticeably better than ours. Otherwise the teams aren't all that different. Unfortunately, I don't see Mark closing the gap between he and Ben this season, because it is is still big

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Game was simple. Their QB was by far the best player on the field and made us pay even when we had the right defensive playcall. Their WRs were also noticeably better than ours. Otherwise the teams aren't all that different. Unfortunately, I don't see Mark closing the gap between he and Ben this season, because it is is still big
    Mark loses his focus too freaking easily. He get sacked or hit ... It's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Mark loses his focus too freaking easily. He get sacked or hit ... It's over.
    You try getting hit in the head with a helmet and you tell me how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Wait till we play SF

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So you are saying to the other team...take a penalty hit on Mark early. Take the penalty, it shuts him down. You OK with that?

This ain't tee ball .

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Didn't compete?

If you are talking about holmes or Cro then ok.

The defense played their ass off, they just couldn't get Ben on the ground. We had some stupid penalties, missed tackles, kerleys fumble and then never had the ball in the second half.
    The D missed a million tackles today. Couldn't get off the field on third down. Dumb penalties.

They were stout in run D but otherwise extremely undisciplined.

Pittsburgh is not that great this year and they were without two of their best defensive players. The jets were not even close. Once again, as usual, like always the Pats get beat by an inferior team and the jets can't take advantage.