Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We're Not As Good As the Steelers, Calm Down

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post
    Yeah...why don't we see what the coaches see. We must be stuuuupid.
    I mean, Greene is our all-down back, and we're constantly three and out.
    Powell comes in and lands 8 and 12 yard carries in every opp.

But we still have Greene & we still have Thomas.
    And for gods sake...how many times does Sanchez have to hit Holmes in the numbers, before a) holmes catches it, b) Sanchez stops throwing it or c) freaking coaches take Holmes out!!
    I'm not giving up yet ... but the familiar feeling is starting to come back. You all know what I mean.
    When did that happen? Powell was the back on more 3 and out today then Greene. And it isn't like Powell has a history of actually moving the ball. Not that I think that means anything but it is true. Greene was doing OK until they took him out. I think he was hurt in the 2nd half. He only had 4 rushes and all 4 he didn't get anything on. It was a 3 point game and we stopped running him. Peraonally I would have loved to have seen less Powell and more McKnight. Why aren't we using McKnight?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    I can agree with this. Sanchez was not good today. But he started good and he battled through and that is a sign of progress. He wasn't terrible though. He reacted like all QBs do when they get smacked in the face. He pressed and then had no one to bail him out. Which is weird because I thought that's what Tebow was for. When Sanchez was finally able to get his bearings though his receivers were getting mugged or dropping the ball. Then the defense was on the field for 10 minutes.

The whole team lost. Sanchez was less than Sanchez after that hit. Holmes was just a complete mess after that first drive. Hill got a welcome to the NFL type game. And the revamped part of the revamped d-line barely saw the field. Rex has to move on to the young guys especially in the middle of that linebacker corp.
    Thank you for a rational post. I agree with your post here.

Jets have a hard time against QB's that can move around - Blitz's don't hurt these QB's much..Rex dialed up the right blitz's at key moments but the players didn't make the plays.

Sancez had the time in key moments but, for whatever reason, they couldn't get it done..

on the bright side - right now this is a young team with a lot of new pieces that have a lot of natural talent...it'll take some time to put it together but there's reason to be optimistic....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So are we rebuilding under the current regime? Does that include the QB? Or are we waiting to see how the season goes?

That would put us in something worse than rebuilding mode, IMO that would mean we are currently in limbo. No identity and no real plan. Just waiting to see what happens.

So what are we?
    IMO we are still a PO team in need of more consistent play. Reality is you put Revis back in Wallace gets shut down and this is a different game. I think this O is still trying out different things as well. The lack of Tebow, McKnight, and Hill means they tried to play this more conservative then they should have. In big games they should have gone for bigger plays but didn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    IMO we are still a PO team in need of more consistent play. Reality is you put Revis back in Wallace gets shut down and this is a different game. I think this O is still trying out different things as well. The lack of Tebow, McKnight, and Hill means they tried to play this more conservative then they should have. In big games they should have gone for bigger plays but didn't.
    Way happens when you ad troy and harrison for the steelers?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Way happens when you ad troy and harrison for the steelers?
    What happens when you add Revis, Thomas, and Keller to us? Really felt the injuries canceled each other out this game. I really didn't expect Keller to be that huge a loss.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    What happens when you add Revis, Thomas, and Keller to us? Really felt the injuries canceled each other out this game. I really didn't expect Keller to be that huge a loss.
    Keller may have had the awareness to turn around and catch the 3rd down pass that hit Cumberland right between the numbers...the back numbers that is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Why are drops blamed on poor QB play?
    Because people here are ****ing idiots

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coulda used Plaxico today. Our receivers had a tough time getting off the LOS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Because people here are ****ing idiots
    Maybe because I have NEVER seen that many drops by the Pats in one game ... Common denominator anyone ? It's one game .... I'm willing to let the season play out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pittsburgh has a better QB and WRs, other than that the Jets are a far superior team...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Steelers aren't very good either, we just SUCKED today
    You are right on the steelers are not that good and with Troy and Harrison out it was our best shot to go into Pitt and beat these fu**kers. Just disappointing..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    When Sanchez was finally able to get his bearings though his receivers were getting mugged or dropping the ball. Then the defense was on the field for 10 minutes.

Rex has to move on to the young guys especially in the middle of that linebacker corp.
    both the offense and defense are having an identity crisis, in my opinion. the offense needs to transition from a plodding, predictable one with greene as the feature back, to one where sanchez can get into synch with his newer targets and get the vertical game going. but clearly sanchez needs more time with his newer wrs to find a comfort zone. hill is a rook, and kerley has missed time last year and this year in TC. holmes is supposed to be the stabilizing veteran presence out there but he had more drops than anyone. then they keep handing it off to greene, and i'm kinda pumped when he doesn't lose yardage half the time.

the offense has to use powell and mcknight more and figure out how to get first downs when playing these physical teams that push around the newer wide outs. the defense is trickier since rex's ego is involved, and you have some slower veterans who will never be thrown 'under the bus'. games like today make you wonder if demario davis could have made a play or two, even if it wouldn't have changed the score. you can't have a team score a td on a 10 minute drive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which means we aren't as good as Baltimore, Houston, New England and Denver.

Great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    both the offense and defense are having an identity crisis, in my opinion. the offense needs to transition from a plodding, predictable one with greene as the feature back, to one where sanchez can get into synch with his newer targets and get the vertical game going. but clearly sanchez needs more time with his newer wrs to find a comfort zone. hill is a rook, and kerley has missed time last year and this year in TC. holmes is supposed to be the stabilizing veteran presence out there but he had more drops than anyone. then they keep handing it off to greene, and i'm kinda pumped when he doesn't lose yardage half the time.

the offense has to use powell and mcknight more and figure out how to get first downs when playing these physical teams that push around the newer wide outs. the defense is trickier since rex's ego is involved, and you have some slower veterans who will never be thrown 'under the bus'. games like today make you wonder if demario davis could have made a play or two, even if it wouldn't have changed the score. you can't have a team score a td on a 10 minute drive.
    Good post . The D line was expected to cause havoc to a bad oline but I wasn't expecting much. I don't think Rex figure out that you need to be stout on the outside to get great pressure not rely on the big man inside.