Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dear Rex...........

Veteran
    I hate the blitzing on 3rd and long.
    Play loose and make the stop in front of you.
    You can't continuously blitz Ben because he THRIVES off of it.
    Rex is his own worst enemy at times... he just can't help himself.

I know Sanchez looked rough, but you can't keep running on first and second down and putting him in obvious passing situations.
    They should've spread them out and let the kid play, I mean, it couldn't have been worse.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    management in general. Our players are not as deep as the Steelers.

the poor D goes directly to REX.
    Rex called defensive plays that got our players in the backfield on almost every play....what was poor about the defense other then mistackling and Cro's atrocious brain fart?

Amazing how much blame coaches take....might want to try blaming everyones favorite CB antonio cromartie.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    And LMFAO on the Dolphins licking their chops.
    No sh!t

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Rex called defensive plays that got our players in the backfield on almost every play....what was poor about the defense other then mistackling and Cro's atrocious brain fart?

Amazing how much blame coaches take....might want to try blaming everyones favorite CB antonio cromartie.
    Missed tackles are key IMO to coaching. better offense would have helped the D as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Curious how this is rex's fault.

We came out strong and have just gotten beat as the game has gone on.

He could not have possibly dialed up better blitzes and run defense....like I've said a million times, he can't run on the field and make the tackles himself.
    It is Rex's fault. Most players on this team fend for them selves. There is no TEAM attitude. Rex cant figure out how to take this talented roster and make them compete with a Team mind set, not a ME mind set. He lets players ego's get out of control. He needs to become their Boss not their Buddy and be a hardcore NFL coach.

Veteran
    A lot of intelligent quotes coming up at the end of this thread.
    So let's end it before we get a big bag o'dicks with Dear Rex attached.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    The bottom line is these guys have consistenly come up small when you need to come up big.

Fumbled punt, cant tackle, cant catch, Mark looked petrified out there again, and Holmes and Cro sulking and loafing.
    Tebow will be on the cover of at least one back page this week
    Translation SOJ

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Not a soul has said that! But please tell us how you think they played today. Thank you.
    Lolwut?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Missed tackles are key IMO to coaching. better offense would have helped the D as well.
    Look, there was an article about the Bucs game plan vs Cam in week 1 that centered on attacking his hips, as he is a bigger guy and tough to take down, and that worked well and was 100% coaching.

That being said, Rex dialed up the correct calls, he can't make players hold on to a person harder.

I hope he runs the same drill the next time we face Ben, but other then that, he did a good job calling the game today.