Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can you think of a game more infuriating than this one?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What exactly is Cro doing on that TD? Too deep and out of bounds? WTF?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    What exactly is Cro doing on that TD? Too deep and out of bounds? WTF?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Why did he not blast him out of bounds instead of giving him a love tap ??

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Why did he not blast him out of bounds instead of giving him a love tap ??
    Because that would resemble playing with physicality. Apparently, that's not what he's going for.

Jets Insider VIP
    I can think of about 15 or 20. Most, but not all, were against Miami during the Marino era.

We saw this last season:

Jets: Third Down Efficiency 4/12 - 33%

Steelers: Third Down Efficiency 8/15 - 53%

I'd like to see the 2nd half stat for this. I believe Sanchez said post-game presser the Jets were 1/7...And I'd guess the Steelers were approx 90-100%..
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-17-2012 at 10:17 AM.

All League
    The 2008 season ended with the Jets losing 4 out of 5 games (Denver, at San Francisco, at Seattle, Miami) after starting 8-3 and coming off wins at the 10-0 undefeated Tennessee Titans and at the 6-3 Patriots.

Easily one of the most painful finishes to a season for Jets fans in recent memory. Hell even the 1 game we won in that span we pulled out of our a** with a late fumble recovery for a TD (Ellis and Elam were the players that forced/returned it) playing at home against a half a$$ Bills team.

Those games make yesterday's loss in Pitt look like a day at the beach.

Sent from my LG-P999
    Last edited by PaPZ187; 09-17-2012 at 11:11 AM.

It's a good thing Rex has the best defensive mind in football

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Sanchez caves when he faces a real team
    This is his pattern, I knew he would turn into deer in the headlights right after taking that first hit

All League
    Probably the most frustrating / painful game in my 29 years on this earth as a Jets fan has to be Week One of the 1999 season against New England when Vinny tore his ACL, MCL, PCL, anyCL possible and was done for the year.

That team had so much potential, what a devastating loss. Tom friggin Tupa finished the game with more pass yards and TDs than Testaverde did......not even Nostradamus saw that one coming.

Sent from my LG-P999

Veteran
    I think it was an achilles. I didn't see this as a loss when the schedule came out, but when we were heading into their home opener and they were 0-1 I expected it.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Endless missed sacks/tackles by the defense

Every pass is either a miss by Sanchez or a drop by a receiver

No matter which side of the team is on the field, my mood is depressed even further.

Not sure if we can recover from this one.
    The Heidi Game ! I had dinner with a 1968 Jets DB starter last year and told him that game almost killed me as a child ! He said, "Oh Yeah? Well, you should have been there!"

This loss reminded me of the Mangini-era Jets. They started the game off well, with a game plan that looked like it was going to be effective.

And then things went awry. Rex is usually a good halftime adjuster/motivator, but not yesterday.

All League
    Lord some people are such drama queens on here. We've had much worse losses and we were playing a team we rarely beat. Yeah the offense sucked, but there's 14 games left in this season, we're tied for 1st in what appears so far as an up for grabs AFC East, and we play the dolphins this weekend.

Keep your heads up.

It would be another horrendous Jets misstep if they continue to shoehorn Tebow in this idiotic QB2 position. They need to increase his reps on the field in more run/pass option RB/TE rolls.

Veteran
    Atlanta in December of 2009 at that time was the worst regular season loss ever...Only scored 7 points when we were in Atlanta territory over 50% of the game...3 field goal attempts screwed up, Kellen Clemens bad hold, one blocked and Jay Feely shank...Matt Ryan goes down the field with 2 minutes to go and hits Tony G for the winner on 4th down...our playoff chances were at 5% going into a 14-0 Indy team next week, Rex said we were out of the playoffs

I understand we made a ton of mental mistakes, but we were outclassed here in week 2...Only 26 years old but can remember 10+ more frusterating games than this

I do realize the Jets did not play well yesterday but I hope you guys realize that it is highly unlikely that any team in the National Football League was going into Pittsburgh and winning yesterday.