Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you think of a game more infuriating than this one?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm sad that Sparano turned into Schotty. Oh well.

I don't think anyone honestly thought we would win this game.
    I'm shocked no one is screaming what Shotty did today. 452 yards total O Sam had anther great game and they rushed for like 150 yards. With a 68 yard passing play and a 53 yard rushing play. Mark is the best we have and I get that but I so wish we had Sam. 26 for 35 throwing to crap WRs and no OL.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    fake spike game was much more infuriating

We lost on week 2 on the road to a good team-this is far from the most infuriating loss.......
    Lol - so true. My girlfriend at the time, I had spent the whole season getting her into football and the Jets. She literally CRIED when that happen, cried like a kid who had a bully take their lunch money.

UPDATE: we are no longer together.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    Not sure if we can recover from this one.
    if only we had 14 games left to play, then things would really be ok.

it's too bad we don't have 14 games left.

really wish we had 14 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'm shocked no one is screaming what Shotty did today. 452 yards total O Sam had anther great game and they rushed for like 150 yards. With a 68 yard passing play and a 53 yard rushing play. Mark is the best we have and I get that but I so wish we had Sam. 26 for 35 throwing to crap WRs and no OL.

What's even more maddening is MULLIGAN SCORED A TD!!!! Are we in F'ing Bizarro World WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    if only we had 14 games left to play, then things would really be ok.

it's too bad we don't have 14 games left.

but being 1-1 after 2 weeks is tough to recover from-I guess the Steelers and Pats are in trouble too

really wish we had 14 games.
    but being 1-1 after 2 weeks is tough to recover from-I guess the Steelers and Pats are in trouble too

Man,

Even a blind squirrel is correct twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by drcgull View Post
    i heard the saints were eliminated from playoff contention today.

Veteran
    Yes This new 3-game season is tough on the fans. And the SeptemberBowl is right around the corner. Time to pAnIIc!!

What stings the most is seeing the defense look like it could stop a drive on numerous occasions, only to spend 8 minutes on the field through a variety of means (bonehead penalties or missing should-be tackles. And after they give up 7, our offense goes 3 and out because of similar mental mistakes (drops and terrible route running).

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinGreenNC View Post
    Im funny, your an idiot
    Never fails

Not quite eliminated just yet... They still have a 12.5% chance of making the playoffs according to the Pregame Shows

The play calling on both sides of the ball was just poor. Their was very little to conceal what we were trying to do. Fine when you have the best athletes. Not so when you don't.

Offensively, they knew what were were doing (again) and they sat on us. Sanchez audibles left a lot to be desired.

Defensively we went from passive, to over aggressive, got gassed, and looked slow. We were infuriatingly consistent, never mixed it up, and let then get into rhythms. We should play a bigger 4-3 more. We have the hogs. Collapse the pocket.

Clock management to end the first half pissed me off. Give yourself a shot.

The mentality was all wrong.

That being said. We are 1-1 in a 1-1 division and conference. It's a make or break season for the current management and coaching staff, and they certainly have players. The team has potential.

A win in Miami would see us 2-1 and 2-0 in the division. Big game.

All League
    The Green Bay game a few years back
    The Primetime ass whooping in NE
    The Giants game last year
    Rex's first encounter with the wildcat down in Miami was awful to watch

This one was frustrating but overall no so bad. At least it wasn't like this game was the deciding factor to get into the playoffs

Everyone needs to chill

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    The Green Bay game a few years back
    The Primetime ass whooping in NE
    The Giants game last year
    Rex's first encounter with the wildcat down in Miami was awful to watch

This one was frustrating but overall no so bad. At least it wasn't like this game was the deciding factor to get into the playoffs

Everyone needs to chill
    How about Sanchez's five-interception home game against the Bills in 2009? That's automatically worse because it went to OT and we legitimately should have won if it wasn't for Hartsock's dumbass penalty.

Fun game.

Our 2 Playoff Eliminations @ Pitt in 2004 and 2010 caused by boneheaded playcalling >>>> Today's Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    What's even more maddening is MULLIGAN SCORED A TD!!!! Are we in F'ing Bizarro World WTF???
    It's the Foreskins. Paul Hackett and Anthony Becht would wreck the joke of a defense which we took one of their best players last off-season.

The Jets were out executed, out coached, and out classed...period.

Having said that, its just one game and I'm expecting them to take their rage out on the Dolphins.

Rams offense looked like crap in week 1 (most of their points either came from directly from the D or short field from a TO). They put up points facing a crappy Foreskins D congratulations.

Schotty will still be fired within 2 years from now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    How about Sanchez's five-interception home game against the Bills in 2009? That's automatically worse because it went to OT and we legitimately should have won if it wasn't for Hartsock's dumbass penalty.

Fun game.
    It actually got funny to me after a certain point TBH. The Play calling was so bad and they kept doing the same thing over and over again that I just didn't even stay angry halfway through it all

This game was sort of "meh". I really didn't expect a win out of this one today. Subconsciously accepted this as a game we wouldn't win when the schedule came out. We're just notoriously bad playing in Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    ...and blocked a punt.