Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Positives and negatives from this ****show

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Positives and negatives from this ****show

    Positives:

    1) McIntyre. More than capable of replacing ancient Thomas.
    2) Lankster. Looked decent. I'd take him over Wilson, to be honest.
    3) Sanchez before he got hit in the head.

    Negatives:

    1) Sanchez after he got hit in the head. Reverted to the Mark of old.
    2) Playcalling was terrible for most of the day. Schitty-like in the second half.
    3) Cromartie. Just standing around and watching on most plays, including that long TD pass.
    4) Linebackers as a whole. Scott, Pace, and Harris all slow as **** and had awful games. In fact, this could've been the worst game of Harris' career, and I'm a HUGE fan of his.
    5) Holmes. $50 million and can't hold onto a pass.
    6) Defense. Couldn't get off the field on third downs, couldn't tackle (AGAIN), and always a step late.
    7) Rex for not having his team up for this game.
    8) Refs. Just ungodly bad. Embarrassing black eye on the NFL.

    Anything I'm missing?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Landry - 2 penalties and a bad arm tackle on a big QB. This guy needs to wise up. You can't be an enforcer every play.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd add Tebow to the positives... Should have left him in once wonderboy developed the 1000 mile stare.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 weeks straight our LB's have came up really small.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Positives - Replacement Ref and the free 15 yards he gave on a pass int.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Positives:

    1) McIntyre. More than capable of replacing ancient Thomas.
    2) Lankster. Looked decent. I'd take him over Wilson, to be honest.
    3) Sanchez before he got hit in the head.

    Negatives:

    1) Sanchez after he got hit in the head. Reverted to the Mark of old.
    2) Playcalling was terrible for most of the day. Schitty-like in the second half.
    3) Cromartie. Just standing around and watching on most plays, including that long TD pass.
    4) Linebackers as a whole. Scott, Pace, and Harris all slow as **** and had awful games. In fact, this could've been the worst game of Harris' career, and I'm a HUGE fan of his.
    5) Holmes. $50 million and can't hold onto a pass.
    6) Defense. Couldn't get off the field on third downs, couldn't tackle (AGAIN), and always a step late.
    7) Rex for not having his team up for this game.
    8) Refs. Just ungodly bad. Embarrassing black eye on the NFL.

    Anything I'm missing?
    I agree with you!

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Negative

    Front 4 can't get to the QB, even against a supposed weak OL

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,643
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    2 weeks straight our LB's have came up really small.
    McIntyre played very well. What game did you watch?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    McIntyre played very well. What game did you watch?
    Tell how Harris and Scott looked .

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTime View Post
    Negative

    Front 4 can't get to the QB, even against a supposed weak OL
    +3

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Safeties are overrated. Can't cover. Landry has no control over his body.
    TE is an AUTOMATIC.
    No conventional pass rush.
    Oy, the tackling.

    The positives were the first drive. Teams will continue to take shots at Sanchez b.c he does not recover after getting hit. No excuses. If he is on the field then he is accountable. If he is injured then he shouldn't be playing.

  12. #12
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like
    Positive (not from this game but just sayin')

    Patriots lost at home to the Cards

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes sucks

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'd add Tebow to the positives... Should have left him in once wonderboy developed the 1000 mile stare.
    Keep banging the drum, and maybe someone somewhere will care

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't disagree with anything OP.

    In terms of the positives, I'll throw Powell in there. Its just nice seeing a runningback make a few moves and not run up his linemans ass.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Positives:

    1) McIntyre. More than capable of replacing ancient Thomas.
    2) Lankster. Looked decent. I'd take him over Wilson, to be honest.
    3) Sanchez before he got hit in the head.

    Negatives:

    1) Sanchez after he got hit in the head. Reverted to the Mark of old.
    2) Playcalling was terrible for most of the day. Schitty-like in the second half.
    3) Cromartie. Just standing around and watching on most plays, including that long TD pass.
    4) Linebackers as a whole. Scott, Pace, and Harris all slow as **** and had awful games. In fact, this could've been the worst game of Harris' career, and I'm a HUGE fan of his.
    5) Holmes. $50 million and can't hold onto a pass.
    6) Defense. Couldn't get off the field on third downs, couldn't tackle (AGAIN), and always a step late.
    7) Rex for not having his team up for this game.
    8) Refs. Just ungodly bad. Embarrassing black eye on the NFL.

    Anything I'm missing?
    Here's what you are missing...

    There are NO positives in a game like this. We took it on the chin today from a vastly superior team. We do not even belong in a conversation with the Steelers.

    We pride ourselves on being a very physical team. Whenever we face a team as physical as us? We don't fight to win that battle. We get scared and run away with our tails between our legs.

    We need to weed out players who are not up to a challenge like this.

    P.S. WTF are you doing listing SANCHEZ as a positive? The guy played like a couple of drives decent and then he SUCKED for the REST of the game. THAT does not bear mentioning as a positive in any way, it's purely negative.

  17. #17
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    822
    Post Thanks / Like
    positive

    We're still tied for first.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,243
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhuntr View Post
    positive

    We're still tied for first.
    That's pretty much the most important part.


    THANK YOU, GHOST for choking that FG against 'Zona.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought mcintyre impressed today as well. the only one of our LB's I can remember actually getting big ben down

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    10,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Reuland played fairly well when he got the chance.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us