Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Revis Trades now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He does. But we can win without him with a better team. It is a team game. Losing one player, other than a QB, should not be the reason why we lose. I don't think Revis was the reason we lost today.
    better team is the key to this argument. for the right price anybody should be traded but I would not move revis if we're not talking about getting a king's ransom in return

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    without revis this defense is middle of the road.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    We will be a middle of the road with Revis. Can't cover in the middle of the field. Teams will just ignore Revis and pick on Wilson and the LBs. And there is still no conventional pass rush.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Revis = 3 very good players ... Spreading the talent around ... Maybe that is a good idea ... Dunno.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    better team is the key to this argument. for the right price anybody should be traded but I would not move revis if we're not talking about getting a king's ransom in return
    I would rather trade him than commit over 10% of my salary cap to a cornerback, which is what he's going to want. And, he's going to hold out next season if he doesn't get it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    uh uh you are wrong. revis changes the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will be a middle of the road with Revis. Can't cover in the middle of the field. Teams will just ignore Revis and pick on Wilson and the LBs. And there is still no conventional pass rush.
    I'd put money down right now that the jets will be a top 5 defense assuming revis comes back okay. we can have a top pass defense because we have shutdown corners. revis plays on an island so you're not asking your safeties for help on his side of the field. his impact is more than just taking away the #1 target on the other team, he makes every player on the defense better. it trickles down, without him out there the secondary breaks down and the pass rushers have less time to get to the QB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I duuno why we would trade our best player… 3 #1’s doesn't mean they all pan out…

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you feel wison was picked on today?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post
    I duuno why we would trade our best player… 3 #1’s doesn't mean they all pan out…
    there's also no guarantee revis is going to get 3 #1 picks in return either. the team that trades for him is still going to be obligated to give him a contract at least in the $80M range. that's a colossal amount of resources to give up for one player

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post
    I'm leaning this way too ... However .. I would trade Sanchez and Holmes Ina heartbeat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's also no guarantee revis is going to get 3 #1 picks in return either. the team that trades for him is still going to be obligated to give him a contract at least in the $80M range. that's a colossal amount of resources to give up for one player
    Exactly. Anyone who thinks Revis would fetch three first round picks is smoking something. No GM is going to give up three picks AND commit over 10% of his salary cap to a cornerback. Not gonna happen.

Someone might give up a 1 and a 2, but that's the most you'd get.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would still trade him now more then ever this team has no depth we need a few first rounders to rebuild this team. The Steelers draft well they were missing Polamalu ,Harrison, and menhadall and still played well. Right now the Jets are not deep with the exception of Harris their starting LBs are old and slow. They lack a elite RB and there WRs are not physical enough this team needs players so if trading Revis would add some depth and get this team younger and more physical, faster and more talented all around then see ya Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'm leaning this way too ... However .. I would trade Sanchez and Holmes Ina heartbeat.
    And thrust the team into cap hell? Really bright idea

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And thrust the team into cap hell? Really bright idea
    No ... I'm just saying they are a huge problem for this team ... And eating resources. I would kick Holmes to,the curb regardless of cap ramifications.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by surviveone View Post
    Do you feel wison was picked on today?
    Not as much as I thought they would have. Wilson deserves credit b.c I am sure they were looking to. Only one play where I wished he would have played a little tighter coverage, but without knowing the scheme it is hard to say who is responsible for that. I wish they had him press more. Let him dictate rather than always sitting and waiting for the slot guy to make his break.

The culprits today were the LBs. Part of that is on the coaches for putting them in position to fail. Teams have been killing us for years in the middle of the field. The TE has been long-time nemesis, and not just the good ones who would expect to have success. Sooner or later we have to give them some help.

All that said, Big Ben was vintage Big Ben today. Doing what he does.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd put money down right now that the jets will be a top 5 defense assuming revis comes back okay. we can have a top pass defense because we have shutdown corners. revis plays on an island so you're not asking your safeties for help on his side of the field. his impact is more than just taking away the #1 target on the other team, he makes every player on the defense better. it trickles down, without him out there the secondary breaks down and the pass rushers have less time to get to the QB
    I think the currency here is Hampur Dollars.

I think we have superior CBs but are weak in the middle of the field. LBs and Safeties are not good in coverage. Don't let Landry's hits fool you. Combine that with an anemic pass rush and it doesn't matter if we have Revis, Cro, Wilson and Prime out there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieT View Post
    Pitt knew that passing all day without Revis was the only way to beat us. Sad to say with one player out our chances go down that far. We need to be less of a scheme defense. Pull one part out is like pulling the plunger.
    Revis would have helped up put up more than 10 points?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

Got to love these angry threads.

When are you all going to realize ther is not that much to seperate good teams from great ones or crappy ones for that matter. Its a 16 game season your not going to win em all. THE JETS ARE GOOD NOT GREAT!! With any luck we can win more close ones than we lose. Hope to get to 10 wins and maybe get hot at the right time. As soon as the angry people get that the moree losses dont hurt. see ya "Iam going to get a snack" thers always next week.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Outsider View Post
    Exactly. Anyone who thinks Revis would fetch three first round picks is smoking something. No GM is going to give up three picks AND commit over 10% of his salary cap to a cornerback. Not gonna happen.

Someone might give up a 1 and a 2, but that's the most you'd get.
    Maybe a 1st and 2nd for the best defender in the NFL in his prime? Vontae Davis got a 2nd round pick for the Dolphins, Revis is only a 1st better than Davis?