Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Where are the Revis Trades now?

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Maybe a 1st and 2nd for the best defender in the NFL in his prime? Vontae Davis got a 2nd round pick for the Dolphins, Revis is only a 1st better than Davis?
    You are neglecting to include a very important factor. Revis will also require a pricey contract extension. Picks + $$$. Huge investment for a team. RG3 is under control of Washington for the next 5 years b.c of the new CBA and his salary is capped. THAT is why they gave up what they did. And he is a QB.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Maybe a 1st and 2nd for the best defender in the NFL in his prime? Vontae Davis got a 2nd round pick for the Dolphins, Revis is only a 1st better than Davis?
    Whoever trades for Revis is going to have to commit probably 15% of their entire salary cap to a single player over the next 6+ years. There is ZERO chance that we would get three #1's in addition to that. ZERO. I strongly doubt we would even get two of them.

  3. #43
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Maybe a 1st and 2nd for the best defender in the NFL in his prime? Vontae Davis got a 2nd round pick for the Dolphins, Revis is only a 1st better than Davis?
    V Davis is not gonna cost you 16 million per

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, Revis is simply pricing himself over the market for any CB in the history of the game. No CB is worth that much.

    And let's be honest here, Revis has not exactly been indestructible back there. He has missed games in every single year since he has been in the league. That should be a major consideration if he wants around $1 million per game.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,708
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I'm leaning this way too ... However .. I would trade Sanchez and Holmes Ina heartbeat.
    jets didn't lose today because Revis didn't play.

    They lost today because they couldn't score....

    At the same time there is NO WAY they 3 ones - probably don't get a sigle one for him...He'll be a free agent and some team will give him 10mm a year (I hope it's not the Jets) for his services.

    No player other than a QB is worth that money.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    jets didn't lose today because Revis didn't play.

    They lost today because they couldn't score....

    At the same time there is NO WAY they 3 ones - probably don't get a sigle one for him...He'll be a free agent and some team will give him 10mm a year (I hope it's not the Jets) for his services.

    No player other than a QB is worth that money.
    I would probably go 10 million per year but he thinks he is worth 16 million per year or more. Let's add to that that no team can possibly agree to front load any contract with him ever again. The moment you significantly front-load any contract he conveniently manages to forget that fact after the front-loading period is over and the cash is already in his bank account.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    By the way, Revis is simply pricing himself over the market for any CB in the history of the game. No CB is worth that much.

    And let's be honest here, Revis has not exactly been indestructible back there. He has missed games in every single year since he has been in the league. That should be a major consideration if he wants around $1 million per game.
    You're crazy. Revis is consistently dominant. Every team in the league would gladly give up multiple draft picks for him. He is simply the greatest of all-time.

  8. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    977
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I mentioned in the thread prior to the game, Revis is like having the Queen on the board in the game of chess. It's the most powerful piece and gives you different ways to attack opponents because of how good it is. Without Revis, we needed to change it up a little bit, just like when you lose your Queen, your strategy changes.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bs Mike Wallace td that came off that prayer from Rapistberger - never woulda happened if Revis was on that side of the field.


    This would have been a completely different game if it wasn't for Cro having a brainfart at that play.

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would still trade him. CB is not valuable enough to pay what Revis will want.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The bs Mike Wallace td that came off that prayer from Rapistberger - never woulda happened if Revis was on that side of the field.


    This would have been a completely different game if it wasn't for Cro having a brainfart at that play.
    exactly. big ben was throwing the ball up and down the field for those first two FG's too. that wallace TD would have never happened on revis. going into the second half down 13-10 in pitt is a lot less pressure than being down 20-10

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    exactly. big ben was throwing the ball up and down the field for those first two FG's too. that wallace TD would have never happened on revis. going into the second half down 13-10 in pitt is a lot less pressure than being down 20-10
    Revis was a huge loss for us in this game. Jets are going to pay him - it won't be that high ball crap he's asking for but around $12 mil per season.

  13. #53
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    From watching today, I'd say that San Fran's D is better than ours, even with Revis playing. Can't recall SF having the #1 defensive guy in any position, nor that they pay any one defensive player anywhere near what we pay Revis.

    Funny thing about team games is that often, a TEAM made up entirely of very good players is better than a team that has a really good, high priced player here and there, surrounded by a lot of lesser players as the team can't afford to get better players at other positions. Granted, Patrick Willis has a high cap number this year, but that's just due to signing bonus.

    So, trade Revis, take the pics that come with him, and then either trade those picks to upgrade three positions on defense, using Revis's salary to pay them and have a better overall defense, instead of one superstar sitting out there by himself.

  14. #54
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Revis was a huge loss for us in this game. Jets are going to pay him - it won't be that high ball crap he's asking for but around $12 mil per season.
    At 10-12 million per year we can talk. If it is 16 million then he needs to go.

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    From watching today, I'd say that San Fran's D is better than ours, even with Revis playing. Can't recall SF having the #1 defensive guy in any position, nor that they pay any one defensive player anywhere near what we pay Revis.

    Funny thing about team games is that often, a TEAM made up entirely of very good players is better than a team that has a really good, high priced player here and there, surrounded by a lot of lesser players as the team can't afford to get better players at other positions. Granted, Patrick Willis has a high cap number this year, but that's just due to signing bonus.

    So, trade Revis, take the pics that come with him, and then either trade those picks to upgrade three positions on defense, using Revis's salary to pay them and have a better overall defense, instead of one superstar sitting out there by himself.
    Our defense have been paper tigers for at least a couple of years now. In the biggest part of the biggest games they simply cannot get off the field. This happens as regular as clockwork.

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    From watching today, I'd say that San Fran's D is better than ours, even with Revis playing. Can't recall SF having the #1 defensive guy in any position, nor that they pay any one defensive player anywhere near what we pay Revis.

    Funny thing about team games is that often, a TEAM made up entirely of very good players is better than a team that has a really good, high priced player here and there, surrounded by a lot of lesser players as the team can't afford to get better players at other positions. Granted, Patrick Willis has a high cap number this year, but that's just due to signing bonus.

    So, trade Revis, take the pics that come with him, and then either trade those picks to upgrade three positions on defense, using Revis's salary to pay them and have a better overall defense, instead of one superstar sitting out there by himself.
    Willis - clearly the best ILB.

    The Smith brothers - AP All-Pros.

    And their secondary is extremely strong.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post
    Trade Revis… yeah right,


    This D is not the same without him… less blitzes, and he takes out the best opp team wr.. with all the off the fiel baggage that comes with Rrevis.. his on the field presence was sorly missed today….

    I would not trade away our best player
    Revis is great, no doubt. Our # 2 db who did get big time money still can't cover. Ditto on Wilson. With revis in they still go after Cro and make the plays. We can count on revis to be great, but with so many holes on this team, his talent is being wasted. With a pass happy league, most teams don't bother throwing at Revis, when they have so many more options, like the fact that all of our starting lb's can't cover, really the rest of the d. Rex like db's that can cover(Revis uses this to get the $$$ he wants) and he uses schemes to get to the qb, the only issue is we don't have the talent in the front 7 that he had in Baltimore.

    Trading Revis will hurt, but it will take this team at least 3 drafts and a few free agent signings, plus a real QB to make this team a real contender. If a few seasons, he's going to want Tom brady, Payton Manning money, and that's when we loose him. He will start looking for more $$$ next off season. The reason why some say trade him is because of this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us