Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Two Plays

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like

    Two Plays

    1. Cromartie gets toasted and watches in the end zone

    2. Kerley pulls a bone headed 'off the helmet' play to turn the ball over on the punt.

    That's the ballgame.

    Not Sanchez.

    Not Tebow.

    Not even the suspect defense.

    Those two plays tilted the game in the Steelers direction.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    20,801
    Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest play of the game was sanchez getting smacked in the head. He was lousy after that.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    1. Cromartie gets toasted and watches in the end zone

    2. Kerley pulls a bone headed 'off the helmet' play to turn the ball over on the punt.

    That's the ballgame.

    Not Sanchez.

    Not Tebow.

    Not even the suspect defense.

    Those two plays tilted the game in the Steelers direction.
    Completely agree....if cro has a semblance of what is happening out there this is an entirely different game.

    That was a punt of a throw....all he had to do was turn around, and yet he couldn't do it.

    We missed a ton of tackles, and got physically beat up which is disappointing, but this was a winnable game, and its a long season.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Completely agree....if cro has a semblance of what is happening out there this is an entirely different game.

    That was a punt of a throw....all he had to do was turn around, and yet he couldn't do it.

    We missed a ton of tackles, and got physically beat up which is disappointing, but this was a winnable game, and its a long season.
    Yep, two biggest plays.

    Timely penalties killed us too, stalled two offensive drives in the 2nd quarter...

    That last TD drive by the Steelers, Jets got robbed some real bad officiating, more than once.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    We lost fair and square but those were two BONEHEADED plays that sealed our fate today.

    1-1 onto Miami.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The biggest play of the game was sanchez getting smacked in the head. He was lousy after that.
    Guy was hitting dudes in there hand and they where dropping it .. Is he suppose to catch that ball too???

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    1. Cromartie gets toasted and watches in the end zone

    2. Kerley pulls a bone headed 'off the helmet' play to turn the ball over on the punt.

    That's the ballgame.

    Not Sanchez.

    Not Tebow.

    Not even the suspect defense.

    Those two plays tilted the game in the Steelers direction.
    You called it, this was a closer game than the final score will show. After we kick Miami's ass next. It's a whole new season. Yes, opportunities lost, Pats lose....however, they've been exposed as e frauds they really are.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,260
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CGJET View Post
    You called it, this was a closer game than the final score will show. After we kick Miami's ass next. It's a whole new season. Yes, opportunities lost, Pats lose....however, they've been exposed as e frauds they really are.
    they stop serving liquor 4th quarter so I am sober. Accordingly... I'm not as optimistic about us.

    We saw a team today that won't beat any playoff caliber team.

    last year.....we beat NO ONE.

  9. #9
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two biggest plays for sure. The Pats losing Hernandez is probably what will give us the AFC east. Not the same 2 TE offense without a capable second TE.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,335
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    they stop serving liquor 4th quarter so I am sober. Accordingly... I'm not as optimistic about us.

    We saw a team today that won't beat any playoff caliber team.

    last year.....we beat NO ONE.
    Hopefully, you have some travelers in the trunk. Look, I'm not saying we win the Superboul, but let's not throw in the towel after game two.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    1. Cromartie gets toasted and watches in the end zone

    2. Kerley pulls a bone headed 'off the helmet' play to turn the ball over on the punt.

    That's the ballgame.

    Not Sanchez.

    Not Tebow.

    Not even the suspect defense.

    Those two plays tilted the game in the Steelers direction.
    He didn't get toasted. The problem is he didn't try to make a play on the ball. He actually got to the spot before Wallace. I think he thought that there was no space behind him and Wallace had no shot to catch it in bounds. Really bad miscalculation on his part.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. Cro didn't get toasted. He over-ran the play b.c he didn't find the ball.

    But yes, that was a turning point. 3rd and long. Our defense is not what Rex sells it as.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. Cro didn't get toasted. He over-ran the play b.c he didn't find the ball.

    But yes, that was a turning point. 3rd and long. Our defense is not what Rex sells it as.
    Exactly he he couldnt find the ball so he was making sure the wr didnt get behind him. But still a bad pay by him but even more terrible was harris missing the sack that could have eliminated any scoring chance. Dammit its those small things on defense that kills me. Rewatch the game and cringe helplessly as big ben completes a dagger to our hearts the many times we missed bringing him down.

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Section 229
    Posts
    311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Biggest play of the game was Landry missing that Big Ben sack. Woulda been 4th down and we went into the half up 10-9. Instead, he missed the tackle, and they score a TD on the next play. 13-10 at the half, and feeling defeated.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us