Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maybe 2 more wins before the BYE

maybe 2 more wins before the BYE

beat Phins next week, take care of Indy before the BYE. ..but I don't see any other wins before the bye. ..

SF should be an easy win IMO. They have nothing on O so it will be our kind of game and in our house. If we can't win that this team shouldn't even talk playoffs. Houston will be a good game but it all depends on who is healthy. Both are home games so we should look good in both. Houston is looking deadly right now so I'm not going to predict that. I do like the match up though. The Pitts game I don't think anyone expected us to win so no huge loss IMO. Sanchez did his normal bang up job. If he plays like that vs SF and Houston this team needs to start looking for a new QB now. 138 yards is total BS especially when you think he had most of it in the 1st 2 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    SF should be an easy win IMO..
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    beat Phins next week, take care of Indy before the BYE. ..but I don't see any other wins before the bye. ..
    So 3-3 before the bye. That makes sense. The interesting thing about the San Fran and Houston games is that they are at home. West coast team on the east coast.

I'd sign up for 3-3 going into NE.

SF should be an easy win ...
    .?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Outsider View Post
    yup. Sign me up now

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Huh?
    Smith is one of the few starters in the league I wouldn't take over Sanchez. Moss, Crabbtree, Davis, Gore Manningham, Smith, Hunter? Am I supposed to be scared of any of those names? Maybe Davis but he still has no one to trow him the ball. Akers is their only real O weapon. Their OL is even a big joke and they still haven't proven they can stop a real QB. Not that we have one but I don't see where it matters. We are at home vs a team that is not better talent wise. period. It should be an easy win.

Jets will be 1-4 before you know it.

Smith is one of the few starters in the league I wouldn't take over Sanchez. Moss, Crabbtree, Davis, Gore Manningham, Smith, Hunter? Am I supposed to be scared of any of those names? Maybe Davis but he still has no one to trow him the ball. Akers is their only real O weapon. Their OL is even a big joke and they still haven't proven they can stop a real QB. Not that we have one but I don't see where it matters. We are at home vs a team that is not better talent wise. period. It should be an easy win.
    You do not watch much football if you are making these statements. The Niners are very capable of shutting us out and their offense doesn't turn the ball over. Their running game is a beast to handle and they have weapons on the inside and outside in the passing game. That is our hardest game this season and we will get blown to pieces if we play like we did today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Outsider View Post
    Same. That might be best case scenario. Our track record in Miami under Rex is not exactly inspiring. At least we can tee off on Tannehill and force him into mistakes hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    You do not watch much football if you are making these statements. The Niners are very capable of shutting us out and their offense doesn't turn the ball over. Their running game is a beast to handle and they have weapons on the inside and outside in the passing game. That is our hardest game this season and we will get blown to pieces if we play like we did today.
    If, If, If. Oh yeah, and if we play like we did last week we blow them out of the building. They cannot play from behind and mark my words, they will turn the ball over. I think we have a great chance to win this game at home. On the road I would say no.

Practice Squad
    if you are this miserable after a loss, why do you even bother watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    If, If, If. Oh yeah, and if we play like we did last week we blow them out of the building. They cannot play from behind and mark my words, they will turn the ball over. I think we have a great chance to win this game at home. On the road I would say no.
    Like I said to the other guy, you're not watching a lot of football if you see the matchup this way. Niners are a great team, they will not turn it over a bunch or get blown out. Our team doesn't deserve your bloating and confidence after struggling badly against a D that isn't nearly as good as the Niners. Worry about the Dolphins because we don't play well in Miami under Rex.

All Pro
    You guys are overreacting.

We'll beat the Dolphins x2 and Colts. I know the Fins play us tough, but I think Rex will eat Tannehill alive. Worst case scenario we're 4-4 entering the bye. I still think 5-3 is possible. We could upset the 49ers or Texans at home.

The Steelers and Ravens own us. Our O will be much better next week.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sorry I don't see any of that in SF. They are an average team in a bad division. This is SD 2 years ago all over only a lot less talented. They are hyped because the are west coast. period. NOT better then us. OK they don't turn the ball over. Their run game is a joke lead by a man with no knees and can't catch anymore. A beast? What are you smoking! You have to be joking me. Really. We can stop that run game on a bad day. They may be the best run D but we aren't far behind right now. Our passing D is way better but OK SF doesn't let their bad O give up the ball so they still win? They are us without the hype and are traveling across the country. That has been our game sense day one. Your telling me if Sanchez plays a good game we still loose? I think not. The only way we loose that game IMO is if Sanchez screws the pooch. I'm OK with him doing that vs Pitts in Pitts but a home game, NO.

Veteran
    Niners are the #1 SB contender. That game's gonna be harder than vs. Pitts.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Niners are the #1 SB contender. That game's gonna be harder than vs. Pitts.
    Texans D plus Niners D in consecutive weeks? This board will be in full meltdown mode after those 2 games if it is this bad after the Steelers loss. If anyone thinks we faced a great D today, wait until those 2 games. The Steelers were missing their 2 best players on D and we mustered a measly 10 points. I shudder to think what will happen when we play Ds that are better to begin with and at full strength.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Calling the Niners "average" is laughable. They're probably the best team in football right now.

That defense is just sick and they can eat up the clock and move the chains on offense.

Sorry I don't see any of that in SF. They are an average team in a bad division. This is SD 2 years ago all over only a lot less talented. They are hyped because the are west coast. period. NOT better then us. OK they don't turn the ball over. Their run game is a joke lead by a man with no knees and can't catch anymore. A beast? What are you smoking! You have to be joking me. Really. We can stop that run game on a bad day. They may be the best run D but we aren't far behind right now. Our passing D is way better but OK SF doesn't let their bad O give up the ball so they still win? They are us without the hype and are traveling across the country. That has been our game sense day one. Your telling me if Sanchez plays a good game we still loose? I think not. The only way we loose that game IMO is if Sanchez screws the pooch. I'm OK with him doing that vs Pitts in Pitts but a home game, NO.
    Average team in a bad division? 13-3 last year, 2 muffed punts away from probably being SB champs. Shut down, and I mean absolutely shut down, the Packers offense last week. They don't need to be hyped, their performance on the field since the start of last season speaks for itself.