Thread: All22 on Game Rewind

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All22 on Game Rewind

Games like this are why I splurged to get the All22 this year.

Were the receivers not getting open or was Sanchez not seeing them?

Bad run blocking or bad vision by the running backs?

I also want to look at the coverages we ran this week as opposed to last week. I'm just looking at the numbers for Pittsburgh's receivers: we really missed Revis in this game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to reading this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Looking forward to reading this.
    Ditto

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just showed some interesting game tape on NBC...
    WR were getting mugged after 5yds... These refs are really ruining the game.
    Showed Kerley basically get tackled 7 yards down field with no call...

Steelers were banging our WRs around and killing the timing and routes...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Just showed some interesting game tape on NBC...
    WR were getting mugged after 5yds... These refs are really ruining the game.
    Showed Kerley basically get tackled 7 yards down field with no call...

Steelers were banging our WRs around and killing the timing and routes...
    I am expecting this is what happened, passing game looked very out of sync

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scared is more like it, intimidated, the NY Jets are intimidated by the black and gold.

even though this is a $hit Steeler team

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might have to break down and get Rewind myself. One of the things I'm interested in is our blocking schemes in the running game. Specifically, how much pulling, trapping, whamming are we doing ? Or are we mainly just linking up and going head to head ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are games available on Rewind today, or not til Tuesday?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote this last night, but fell asleep before hitting Submit. That's how tired I was.

Just got done watching the game again. Too tired to take any notes, but these were my overall impressions:

-It really seems more like great Steeler defense than inept Jets offense
    -The defense was very close to having a good game. They shutdown the run and pressure Roethlisberger pretty well. The problems were the stretches of horrendous tackling, not being able to bring Roethlisberger down, and some penalties that came at really bad times.
    -Playcalling not Schotty-esque at all
    -More Powell and McKnight, less Greene

-There were at least 8 "on target" incompletions. These are passes where the ball gets to the receiver, but it's either dropped by the receiver, knocked away by the defender, or the defender hits the receiver and knocks the ball loose.
    -Bad throws: High throw to Holmes in the end zone, ball thrown at Powell's feet in the flat, a ball bounced to Kerley, a high pass to Kerley, high pass to Cumberland, ball thrown in front of Cumberland, weird pass to Holmes where he got jammed
    -Other throws: Missed hot read by Cumberland, throw to sideline after escaping sack, Powell sits down on a circle route instead of continuing across the field

Like I said before, can't wait for the All22.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    I wrote this last night, but fell asleep before hitting Submit. That's how tired I was.

Just got done watching the game again. Too tired to take any notes, but these were my overall impressions:

-It really seems more like great Steeler defense than inept Jets offense
    -The defense was very close to having a good game. They shutdown the run and pressure Roethlisberger pretty well. The problems were the stretches of horrendous tackling, not being able to bring Roethlisberger down, and some penalties that came at really bad times.
    -Playcalling not Schotty-esque at all
    -More Powell and McKnight, less Greene

-There were at least 8 "on target" incompletions. These are passes where the ball gets to the receiver, but it's either dropped by the receiver, knocked away by the defender, or the defender hits the receiver and knocks the ball loose.
    -Bad throws: High throw to Holmes in the end zone, ball thrown at Powell's feet in the flat, a ball bounced to Kerley, a high pass to Kerley, high pass to Cumberland, ball thrown in front of Cumberland, weird pass to Holmes where he got jammed
    -Other throws: Missed hot read by Cumberland, throw to sideline after escaping sack, Powell sits down on a circle route instead of continuing across the field

Like I said before, can't wait for the All22.
    If I remember correctly, the high passes to Kerley and Cumberland were because both players ran the wrong route.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe theres a free trial for the Game Rewind this week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    JB, would like to get your impression of what happened with Slauson and Ducasse. Looks as if they were platooning. On TV looked like Slauson was playing well. Then they put Vlad in.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I believe theres a free trial for the Game Rewind this week.
    Just made my day

I can get this thing w/o having Sunday Ticket right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    JB, would like to get your impression of what happened with Slauson and Ducasse. Looks as if they were platooning. On TV looked like Slauson was playing well. Then they put Vlad in.
    See my other thread with the grades from PFF. You are correct Slauson played well, I would look to Vlad in place of Moore if anything (Moore didn't play poorly but we could improve/groom younger there if we wanted to)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watch the games through multiple times, focusing on different units. I was fading in and out as I was watching and writing this up, and I listened to the last 3 quarters of the game on radio in the car. I'll tell you what I think after I watch tonight.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Just made my day

I can get this thing w/o having Sunday Ticket right?
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with that. It's on NFL.com, and like I said, I think they are running a trial period this week. I'm going to check it out when I get home later