Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trade Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Very true, and the game was winnable.

I have always believed that for this team, while the drafting of solid players like Revis, Ferguson, Mangold etc. was good, you only have a certain window before you have to start paying these guys HUGE money. You either have to trade some of them, and retool, or you have to win in a short period of time. It is just the way it is in today's football game of a salary cap.

When you keep them all at high prices, you have little to no depth. We say this today; The Jets simply do not have any depth in their secondary when Revis goes down. So, now the the Jets have the problem again facing them; do you let Revis walk or trade him, or do you sign him again to an even MORE ridiculous contract, and hope he never goes down, because you do not have enough money to sign decent depth players?
    i don't think it's the depth issue. most teams don't have great cb depth. the issue is that, for a team that spends so many high draft picks on defense, they're just not getting the return on investment here. at least hill was great last week. these defensive guys aren't making plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    where do these dumbasses come from?
    Jacksonville

...me thinks.

Sanchez's performance does look bad compared to a host of other young QB's yesterday that is for sure.

Newton
    Dalton
    Weedon
    Ponder
    Luck
    Tannehill
    Freeman
    Wilson
    RG3
    Bradford

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i don't think it's the depth issue. most teams don't have great cb depth. the issue is that, for a team that spends so many high draft picks on defense, they're just not getting the return on investment here. at least hill was great last week. these defensive guys aren't making plays.
    Bring back Mangini..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sanchez's performance does look bad compared to a host of other young QB's yesterday that is for sure.

Newton
    Dalton
    Weedon
    Ponder
    Luck
    Tannehill
    Freeman
    Wilson
    RG3
    Bradford
    LOL Josh Freeman crumbled on at least 3 drives where he could have stopped the bleeding

Jets Insider VIP
    Dump

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Newton
    Dalton
    Weedon
    Ponder
    Luck
    Tannehill
    Freeman
    Wilson
    RG3
    Bradford
    Fitzpatrick played better than Sanchez yesterday.

Is he a better QB?

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Fitzpatrick played better than Sanchez yesterday.

Is he a better QB?

_
    Yesterday he was. Once we can consistently see our 4th year QB out perform others of his age range then we can say we have something. At this point we just have to hope that he becomes Alex Smith in another year or so.