Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Trade Mark Sanchez

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Very true, and the game was winnable.

    I have always believed that for this team, while the drafting of solid players like Revis, Ferguson, Mangold etc. was good, you only have a certain window before you have to start paying these guys HUGE money. You either have to trade some of them, and retool, or you have to win in a short period of time. It is just the way it is in today's football game of a salary cap.

    When you keep them all at high prices, you have little to no depth. We say this today; The Jets simply do not have any depth in their secondary when Revis goes down. So, now the the Jets have the problem again facing them; do you let Revis walk or trade him, or do you sign him again to an even MORE ridiculous contract, and hope he never goes down, because you do not have enough money to sign decent depth players?
    i don't think it's the depth issue. most teams don't have great cb depth. the issue is that, for a team that spends so many high draft picks on defense, they're just not getting the return on investment here. at least hill was great last week. these defensive guys aren't making plays.

  2. #62
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,861
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    where do these dumbasses come from?
    Jacksonville


    ...me thinks.

  3. #63
    Sanchez's performance does look bad compared to a host of other young QB's yesterday that is for sure.

    Newton
    Dalton
    Weedon
    Ponder
    Luck
    Tannehill
    Freeman
    Wilson
    RG3
    Bradford

  4. #64
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,383
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i don't think it's the depth issue. most teams don't have great cb depth. the issue is that, for a team that spends so many high draft picks on defense, they're just not getting the return on investment here. at least hill was great last week. these defensive guys aren't making plays.
    Bring back Mangini..

  5. #65
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sanchez's performance does look bad compared to a host of other young QB's yesterday that is for sure.

    Newton
    Dalton
    Weedon
    Ponder
    Luck
    Tannehill
    Freeman
    Wilson
    RG3
    Bradford
    LOL Josh Freeman crumbled on at least 3 drives where he could have stopped the bleeding

  6. #66
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Dump

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #67
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sanchez's performance does look bad compared to a host of other young QB's yesterday that is for sure.

    Newton
    Dalton
    Weedon
    Ponder
    Luck
    Tannehill
    Freeman
    Wilson
    RG3
    Bradford
    Fitzpatrick played better than Sanchez yesterday.

    Is he a better QB?

    _

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Fitzpatrick played better than Sanchez yesterday.

    Is he a better QB?

    _
    Yesterday he was. Once we can consistently see our 4th year QB out perform others of his age range then we can say we have something. At this point we just have to hope that he becomes Alex Smith in another year or so.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us