Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Amazed that people aren't bringing up the hit on Sanchez

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Amazed that people aren't bringing up the hit on Sanchez

    That changed the game. Sanchez became timid and the offensive coaching became conservative to protect him.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happened on the first play last year.

    Happened in the second game this year.

    I hope he recovers. Can't afford for him to go into the tank. The pass blocking was not that bad today. Mostly coverage sacks.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Happened on the first play last year.

    Happened in the second game this year.

    I hope he recovers. Can't afford for him to go into the tank. The pass blocking was not that bad today. Mostly coverage sacks.
    To be fair, it happened a ton last year. Plus this hit was illegal and flagged accordingly.

    The Ravens game destroyed Mark Sanchez last year.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was a vicious Helmet to Helmet hit and Sanchez stood in all day, WRs dropped the ball. Think of this way Greene came out of the game after his hit and he wasn't tagged at all like Sanchez was tagged.

    Guys were running wrong routes, Cumberland & Kerley and dropping passes Holmes that matters!!

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    To be fair, it happened a ton last year. Plus this hit was illegal and flagged accordingly.

    The Ravens game destroyed Mark Sanchez last year.
    I agree. But there is no denying the change in the offense after the hit.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    That was a vicious Helmet to Helmet hit and Sanchez stood in all day, WRs dropped the ball. Think of this way Greene came out of the game after his hit and he wasn't tagged at all like Sanchez was tagged.

    Guys were running wrong routes, Cumberland & Kerley and dropping passes Holmes that matters!!
    The drops certainly didn't help. But you could see it. He wasn't the same after that hit.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    1,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Happened on the first play last year.

    Happened in the second game this year.

    I hope he recovers. Can't afford for him to go into the tank. The pass blocking was not that bad today. Mostly coverage sacks.
    Eh last year prior to the Ravens game he was posting 60% completion and 90 passer rating. That game broke him. Hopefully, his "maturity" lets him bounce back. He kept trying to stand tall in the pocket after the hit but his confidence in his receivers and his accuracy took a dip.

    We got beat up today. It happens. The Patriots got beat up today by a team that isn't as good as the team we faced. Brady was missing guys the same way Sanchez was since he was rattled. The thing is Sanchez has to bounce back just like Brady will.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree. But there is no denying the change in the offense after the hit.
    For this game. The key is to erase that and not have it influence next week. And I don't think it will because it was only one hit compared to the shellacking he took against Baltimore.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The drops certainly didn't help. But you could see it. He wasn't the same after that hit.
    Ummmmm maybe he was hurt!! That was my point.....

    The other players have to step up Mark is a tough guy despite what guys out here say he will not take himself out of the game

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez and Greene both got their bell rung and we don't enough slack to make that up, espc. on the road. But the game plan was solid and the Jets had chances to win the game right into the 4th quarter.

    It's not as good as a win. It's not as good as a near-win. But it's a pretty ordinary loss. There are way too many chicken littles around here. It goes without saying that this was certainly not the most noteworthy loss in the AFC East today

    So MAN UP folks!!

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark wasn't good today,but he needs help.I mean how many passes did Holmes drop.I counted I think 5.Cumberland needs to be ready on the hot routes.

    He also needs help at running back.Is it safe to say we have one of the worst running back groups in the league

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark was 6 of 21 after the 1st possession ... That is MUCH worse than not good.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Mark was 6 of 21 after the 1st possession ... That is MUCH worse than not good.
    But why was he? That's the question. Was he dazed from getting hit? Were the receivers being harassed by the corners?

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    The OP makes a good point. Several games last year, i saw Sanchez take a vicious hit to the head and he was a different QB. After that play, i mentioned that to people watching the game with me. BUT...

    Sanchez hung in there. Pitt's db's were playing VERY physical with our WR's and basically took them out of the game. The difference in the game was that our DB's played off several times to prevent Wallace and Brown from running by them. Its just unfortunate that we finally get an officiating crew that will let the secondary mug the WRs and because of circumstance, we couldnt take advantage of it. That, and I think Pitt's corners got into Holmes head sometime in the second quarter and he was useless after that.

    Plus, what happened to Hill? did he even get a ball thrown his way at all today?

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That changed the game. Sanchez became timid and the offensive coaching became conservative to protect him.
    Sanchez stood in the pocket until the very last play.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,564
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched the dvr and his jaw went sideways, man that is rough.
    Harrison shuld have mentioned that in the post game, show the video media outlets.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    Eh last year prior to the Ravens game he was posting 60% completion and 90 passer rating. That game broke him. Hopefully, his "maturity" lets him bounce back. He kept trying to stand tall in the pocket after the hit but his confidence in his receivers and his accuracy took a dip.

    We got beat up today. It happens. The Patriots got beat up today by a team that isn't as good as the team we faced. Brady was missing guys the same way Sanchez was since he was rattled. The thing is Sanchez has to bounce back just like Brady will.
    I agree, but your perspective and rationality is truly going to be the exception this week it seems.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Ummmmm maybe he was hurt!! That was my point.....

    The other players have to step up Mark is a tough guy despite what guys out here say he will not take himself out of the game
    Please re-watch...you're coming up with a whole lot of phantom drops...

    mostly bad throws...

    I like Sanchez, but he was bad today..

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That changed the game. Sanchez became timid and the offensive coaching became conservative to protect him.
    He did stay in the game. He's going to get hit real hard against the Texans and Niners too. Against any good D. He has to be able to respond better.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,076
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    He did stay in the game. He's going to get hit real hard against the Texans and Niners too. Against any good D. He has to be able to respond better.
    +1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us