Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison's Review on NBC Reveals Referee Failures

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure the refs sucked but our offense sucked, our defense sucked and our special teams sucked as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex should have adjusted our defense to fit the way the refs were calling the game. Our DB's played way too far off the ball and just let their guys get off the line easily.

Cromartie and Wilson should have been in press coverage 100% of the time they were in man coverage. Our D just let their receivers run loose and got beat because of it...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Rex should have adjusted our defense to fit the way the refs were calling the game. Our DB's played way too far off the ball and just let their guys get off the line easily.

Cromartie and Wilson should have been in press coverage 100% of the time they were in man coverage. Our D just let their receivers run loose and got beat because of it...
    Cro, despite being a big corner, and an athletic freak is a giant girl and refuses to press at the LOS...Holmes is just as feminine on the other side of the ball.

Just like our HC, team is just full of false bravado.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario Williams complained about hands to the face from Howard. He can do that right back to Howard.

If you're a receiver and you're being held, what are you going to do? Grab the defender back? How's that helping you get open?

Someone like Hill can try to keep them at arms length by using a size advantage, but even that's going to throw things off. Little guys like Holmes and Kerley are just screwed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just ready to have the real refs back. The games just don't feel or look right for the most part. Lots of weird calls, lots of non-calls, far too much conferencing, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the officiating is only going to get worse now that the players are getting a feel with what they can get away with or not. Seems these refs have no clue what illegal contact is and when to call it.

It's like watching kids with a babysitter in over her head.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Won't pin the game solely on the refs but can't wait for the all 22... We were getting ****in mugged
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the officiating will definitely get worse

when they league lets Hochilli, Winter, Coleman and the rest of the incompetent regular part time insurance salesmen back onto the field

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Refs have been bad but it cuts both ways. There was plenty of "post whistle" activity by the Jets as well going on. I'm just pointing out that the refs have been pretty lenient on the physical play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more thing I wanted to add about the illegal contact.

It's a penalty that only exists in the NFL. All other levels of football have pass interference and defensive holding, but I don't think any of them have illegal contact.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This is purely nonsense. This thread makes it sound like we are Mario Williams. We got our a$$es handed to us today, no other way to describe it. Making excuses like our WR's were held only embarrassses us.
    Thinking the exact same thing reading this stuff...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Hate to blame the officiating but they've been awful in both of our games.
    Just wait until the Jets lose a game on a phantom holding call.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Ever heard of honor?
    Richie Icognito wretching ankles, Mawae notoriously grabbing testacles in the scrum, helmet to helmet hits, WRs acting the fool and you're talking about honor?

That's bananas. Everyone should be pushing the envelope for all its worth with these vagabond referees.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    True or not it's shocking Harrison said it considering he's been anti-jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever, this is no secret and is something the Jets need to take advantage of on defense and stop having Cro playing so far off WRs. The Refs aren't calling illegal contact, so use your hands and e physical on defense! We are supposed to be a defensive team, so this should be to our advantage most games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Looks like a blatant hold, grabbing jersey outside of the shoulder pads, in the open field, as defender tries to disengage while the ball carrier runs right by him directly in front of the ref.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

LeSean McCoy Says Replacement Ref Told Him ‘I Need You For My Fantasy Team’

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There were no real disasters with replacement officials during the first week of the NFL season, and that was seen as something of a success for the league. The second week … not so much.

The Eagles vs. Ravens game highlighted a less than stellar week for the replacements, full of blown calls and extended delays.

To make matters worse, it seems like the players don’t respect the replacement referees.

“During the game, they made like a bad call or something, the ref, and I see Ray Lewis like pump his chest up, trying to scare him,” LeSean McCoy told 94WIP’s Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese on the 94WIP Player’s Lounge on Monday. “Don’t you know [the ref] started stuttering? I’m like ‘what’s this?!’”

The NFL removed one referee this weekend when it was discovered that the replacement official was a New Orleans Saints fan, and had pictures of himself in Saints gear on his Facebook page.

“They’re like fans, kind of though,” McCoy said. “I’ll be honest, they’re like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,’ ahhh, what?!”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-fantasy-team/

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    Sure the refs sucked but our offense sucked, our defense sucked and our special teams sucked as well.
    At least the Jets got their a$$ kicked by the Steelers and didn't lose the game on a phantom holding call by the replacement refs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Whatever, this is no secret and is something the Jets need to take advantage of on defense and stop having Cro playing so far off WRs. The Refs aren't calling illegal contact, so use your hands and e physical on defense! We are supposed to be a defensive team, so this should be to our advantage most games.
    agreed, it's not like they are calling it one way or random. They are reffing the games more loosely, which in my opinion is better football.

The ticky-tack stuff on receivers has been very annoying - let the players play and that's what these ref's are doing. Call egregious penalties that effect the play at the point of the play - otherwise let'em go.

Jets' just need to toughen up. They played soft and there's no way around that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Are you implying that there was a phanton holding call at the end of the Patriots game? Because that was clearly a hold