Thread: Greene vs. Powell

Greene vs. Powell

Am I the only one that thought that Powell looked better than Greene out there? I'm getting kindof tired of Greene, while Powell looks like he has some skills out there. He seemed to consistently get a few extra yards...

Does anyone think that Powell should get more carries?

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Am I the only one that thought that Powell looked better than Greene out there? I'm getting kindof tired of Greene, while Powell looks like he has some skills out there. He seemed to consistently get a few extra yards...

Does anyone think that Powell should get more carries?
    I agree with you.

All League
    Powell

Veteran
    they should do more of a running back by committee, Green isn't a feature back.

I had the same thought myself. Greene just seems to put his head down and dives between linemen not looking for the hole.

This game was really frustrating.

Shonn Greene sucks. Worst vision of any starting RB

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    they should do more of a running back by committee, Green isn't a feature back.
    I agree with you. IMO McKnight should be getting many more carries too. Then when the defense is tired bring in the battering ram!

All League
    Powell will get more and more carries as the season goes on.

Powell had 3.6ypc

Greene before the injury (so no one uses that as an excuse) was averaging 3.3ypc.

Case closed, give the new guy a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Powell had 3.6ypc

Greene before the injury (so no one uses that as an excuse) was averaging 3.3ypc.

Case closed, give the new guy a shot.
    Powell and McKnight have moves that Greene just doesn't have and never will... They need to be used more.

Ground and Pound doesn't always have to mean hand off to Greene between the tackles FFS..

I can't believe we traded up to draft Greene like we did. What the heck did our scouts see in this guy? He's a 1 cut then straight ahead runner who runs a sub 4.6 in the 40. These guys are a dime a dozen.

Practice Squad
    Greene is doody. BP needs to be put into action more.

Greene looks like he closes his eyes or puts on blinkers as soon as he gets the ball

There was a play in the Buffalo game where Greene left 25 yards on the field, I'm pretty sure it was the run he fumbled on.....

We were running to the right with Conner as the lead blocker. Conner did a great job on this particular play, and Greene was left with two holes. If he'd followed Conner's block, there was daylight between Conner and the RT/TE (can't remember, and can't access the gamefilm unitl 9ers-Lions is over). I mean, there was WIDE OPEN FIELD, an easy 20+ yards. Greene didn't see it. He cut it back inside, got hit almost immediately, and fumbled.

Greene left 25 yards on the field, someone like Spiller might have been able to take it for a TD.

By the way, if Greene breaks that run into the open field, he finishes with around 120 yards instead of 94. That would have put him at 4.4 ypc instead of 3.5. That's the difference between Greene and the next level of running backs. They break those long runs when the opportunity is there.

I ran this play back about 20 times, going "OH MY GOD HOW DID HE MISS THAT?!"

I'm interested to see how many of those moments I have this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    There was a play in the Buffalo game where Greene left 25 yards on the field, I'm pretty sure it was the run he fumbled on.....

We were running to the right with Conner as the lead blocker. Conner did a great job on this particular play, and Greene was left with two holes. If he'd followed Conner's block, there was daylight between Conner and the RT/TE (can't remember, and can't access the gamefilm unitl 9ers-Lions is over). I mean, there was WIDE OPEN FIELD, an easy 20+ yards. Greene didn't see it. He cut it back inside, got hit almost immediately, and fumbled.

Greene left 25 yards on the field, someone like Spiller might have been able to take it for a TD.

By the way, if Greene breaks that run into the open field, he finishes with around 120 yards instead of 94. That would have put him at 4.4 ypc instead of 3.5. That's the difference between Greene and the next level of running backs. They break those long runs when the opportunity is there.

I ran this play back about 20 times, going "OH MY GOD HOW DID HE MISS THAT?!"

I'm interested to see how many of those moments I have this year.
    Yea he had a play like that that Simms pointed out, said something to the effect of "follow your blockers to the outside... but see Greene cuts in and is met at the hole"