Thread: Stop defining ignorance

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Stop defining ignorance

Look the Jets got beat by a highly motivated Steelers team. The Jet receivers were manhandled and didn't have an answer for a very physical defense. They have one game with a team that is rebuilding before taking on the 49 ers. Now for anyone calling for Rex's head or the benching of Sanchez you are idiots. I watched the Patriots get pushed around all day as well but since the Pats have a lot of rings they don't have much to prove. The Jets have to learn to win, it's as simple as that. If they can build on what they learned in this loss that can still contend. Both the offense and defense were knocked down but the true test of a good team is getting up again and again. They will contend

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Look the Jets got beat by a highly motivated Steelers team. The Jet receivers were manhandled and didn't have an answer for a very physical defense. They have one game with a team that is rebuilding before taking on the 49 ers. Now for anyone calling for Rex's head or the benching of Sanchez you are idiots. I watched the Patriots get pushed around all day as well but since the Pats have a lot of rings they don't have much to prove. The Jets have to learn to win, it's as simple as that. If they can build on what they learned in this loss that can still contend. Both the offense and defense were knocked down but the true test of a good team is getting up again and again. They will contend
    Outside of the title of this post I agree with everything you said.

It's early in the season, Jets are going to have bad days and this one will help them learn to be better. They have talent but it they're going to contend for a SB both sides of the ball will have to play much better - which I have no doubt they're capable of...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    - Lack of a running game.
    - Lack of a pass rush.
    - Playclock issues, dumb timeouts.
    - Undisciplined play, stupid penalties.
    - Defense can't hold big lead late.
    - Lack of halftime adjustments.
    - Slopping tackling.
    - LB's matched up poorly in coverage.
    - Can't stop the run.
    - Eaten alive by the TE.
    - Offense with no identity
    - Team leaders pouting.

Today's loss is no different than any other Rex Ryan loss since 2009. Same ol' chronic issues, never get addressed, never get corrected. You want to say that we ran into some buzzsaw in Pittsburgh with a fired up Steeler team, you go ahead, but they were down their 2 best defensive players and still cleaned our clocks.

We haven't beaten a team with a winning record in the regular season since December 2010. That's practically 2 full years ago. This isn't some 'glitch', this is the norm.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop creating threads for every ****ing thought you have, and keep it all in the original weekly rmeyer52 thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    - Lack of a pass rush.
    - Slopping tackling.
    - Can't stop the run.
    - Eaten alive by the TE.
    - Team leaders pouting.

Today's loss is no different than any other Rex Ryan loss since 2009. Same ol' chronic issues, never get addressed, never get corrected. You want to say that we ran into some buzzsaw in Pittsburgh with a fired up Steeler team, you go ahead, but they were down their 2 best defensive players and still cleaned our clocks.

We haven't beaten a team with a winning record in the regular season since December 2010. That's practically 2 full years ago. This isn't some 'glitch', this is the norm.

SAR I
    I think all of this is a load of .....

Good QB play wins in the NFL and bad QB loses in the NFL...

I used to believe coaching played a major role in this league (more than any other sport) but I don't anymore.

it's all about QB play.

Sanchez was good last week and bad this week - that's it...

Ben was GREAT today.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I used to believe coaching played a major role in this league (more than any other sport) but I don't anymore.

it's all about QB play.

Ben was GREAT today.....
    Great points.

What I continue to say is we played scared on offense again as soon as Sanchez got hit and Greene went out, we curled up into a chicken $hit little ball and went home. What has happened to the Rex Ryan swagger, not giving a $hit where we are playing?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    - Lack of a pass rush.
    - Slopping tackling.
    - Can't stop the run.
    - Eaten alive by the TE.
    - Team leaders pouting.

SAR I
    Listing every cliche for what could go wrong doesn't make you insightful.

It makes you the same clown who predicted all this for the Bills game. Amazing that you would type out this list and believe that others would agree with all the nonsense that didn't actually happen in the game today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Stop creating threads for every ****ing thought you have, and keep it all in the original weekly rmeyer52 thread.
    You really need to get laid instead of taking out your aggression here on the board

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Great points.

What I continue to say is we played scared on offense again as soon as Sanchez got hit and Greene went out, we curled up into a chicken $hit little ball and went home. What has happened to the Rex Ryan swagger, not giving a $hit where we are playing?
    Agreed!

I think killing the clock with a minute and three time outs was when the coaches threw in the towel.

1 minute and 3 time outs is a lifetime in the NFL---why give up a possession?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

it's all about QB play.

Ben was GREAT today.....
    Please see New Orleans Saints 0-2 without Payton and Vitt... The play callers need to put their guys in the correct situations to make the most of the talent. That's pretty damn important...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    - Can't stop the run.

-SAR I
    PIT had 66 yards on 28 attempts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    I was waiting for somebody to clue the dumbass in

But hey, it was a good schtick rant while it lasted.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And when Pitt needed a first down or a TD in short yardage they were able to get it with the run.

Run D was good. Except for when we really needed it to be.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    The list also said "can't hold big lead late".

That's the list of the typical Rex Ryan breakdowns, a few didn't come into play tonight, most did.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I was waiting for somebody to clue the dumbass in

But hey, it was a good schtick rant while it lasted.

You've got more important things to do than proofread my posts.

You promised us 12 wins. From here we have to go 11-3. I see 5. Keep looking for the other 7.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Listing every cliche for what could go wrong doesn't make you insightful.

It makes you the same clown who predicted all this for the Bills game. Amazing that you would type out this list and believe that others would agree with all the nonsense that didn't actually happen in the game today.

But what about the "leadership training"?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

You've got more important things to do than proofread my posts.

You promised us 12 wins. From here we have to go 11-3. I see 5. Keep looking for the other 7.

SAR I
    Ha ha ha--12 wins! Ray Ray the Great Football Analyst.