Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Open Note to Rex, Mike, and Woody

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like

    Open Note to Rex, Mike, and Woody

    I have been a true Jets fan, never waivering, since 1967. The tears of the 68Heidi game, the unbelievable mania of the 69 championship. From Lammons and Philbin, to Klecko and OBrien. From the greatest losses, to the Monday Night comeback win of all time, I have been there. But 45 years later, I can honestly write to you that I am, maybe for the first time, at a loss of what we are. I can say "we", because although I am not about you Woody, but Rex and Mike, I have actually spent more Jets time than you have, at a much lower pay rate by the way, and I offer you the following four bullet points to consider. The four points are 1 + 3, are for the number 13, the man, Don Maynard, who played with the grace and tenacity to which we only hold in hope that our Jets will someday return.

    * Mark Sanchez should not be our quarterback. He is not smart, he is not fearless, and he is not accurate. He is not capable of winning a championship, even with the toughest of Jets defenses.

    * Never punt on 4th down when you are losing by 17 points with 4 minutes to play. That tends to show the shallow and weak nature of your heart.

    * Character above super=stardom. While it may have been a different game with Reevis on board, no team should be so reliant on a superstar. Instead take a page from our rivals, and focus on strong character and hard play.... slow to speak, quick to the ball.

    * Never give up. I will follow our team until I breathe my last. I know we will not win this year, but I still have hope for the future. Dont be afraid to make changes....and please do so quickly....my time is running out.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL....the open letter to the coach and owner thread in week two????

    Come on, they usually dont start till week 16 or 17, or after a tough playoff loss.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex, Mike, and Woody have only been on board for 2 weeks? Who managed us the past 3 years?

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ithaca College by way of New Jersey
    Posts
    1,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    I have been a true Jets fan, never waivering, since 1967. The tears of the 68Heidi game, the unbelievable mania of the 69 championship. From Lammons and Philbin, to Klecko and OBrien. From the greatest losses, to the Monday Night comeback win of all time, I have been there. But 45 years later, I can honestly write to you that I am, maybe for the first time, at a loss of what we are. I can say "we", because although I am not about you Woody, but Rex and Mike, I have actually spent more Jets time than you have, at a much lower pay rate by the way, and I offer you the following four bullet points to consider. The four points are 1 + 3, are for the number 13, the man, Don Maynard, who played with the grace and tenacity to which we only hold in hope that our Jets will someday return.

    * Mark Sanchez should not be our quarterback. He is not smart, he is not fearless, and he is not accurate. He is not capable of winning a championship, even with the toughest of Jets defenses.

    * Never punt on 4th down when you are losing by 17 points with 4 minutes to play. That tends to show the shallow and weak nature of your heart.

    * Character above super=stardom. While it may have been a different game with Reevis on board, no team should be so reliant on a superstar. Instead take a page from our rivals, and focus on strong character and hard play.... slow to speak, quick to the ball.

    * Never give up. I will follow our team until I breathe my last. I know we will not win this year, but I still have hope for the future. Dont be afraid to make changes....and please do so quickly....my time is running out.
    What rivals?

    O you mean the Patriots... the team with possibly the GREATEST QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME on it.

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would add...

    When down by 3 with 1:00 minute left in the half and 3 time outs - Try to score.

    That to me was the end of the game. At that point they showed fear and conceded defeat. They had no chance of coming back after that.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    The original post is precious....well done man, I feel you. But the kids are right, it is only week 2, the Giants sucked all season last year until we came knocking, then 1 play turned their fortunes around, you never know....

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kdelgado View Post
    What rivals?

    O you mean the Patriots... the team with possibly the GREATEST QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME on it.
    O I mean the Patriots... the team with the quarterback who played behind Bledsoe through losing years. Name a superstar besides that guy.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt Rex, Mike, and Woody read this board.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel bad; that looks involved, but...tl;dr.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a deep breath and step away from the cliff...

    Every team has bad games EVERY year... The great patsies just lost to the freaking Cardinals today

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Take a deep breath and step away from the cliff...

    Every team has bad games EVERY year... The great patsies just lost to the freaking Cardinals today
    I only go to the edge to look over. Never jump off of my Jets !! Too many great trips to New York to see the passion of my fellow Jets fans. There is a day coming !!!!

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would add...

    When down by 3 with 1:00 minute left in the half and 3 time outs - Try to score.

    That to me was the end of the game. At that point they showed fear and conceded defeat. They had no chance of coming back after that.
    x2

    Couldn't believe my eyes.

  13. #13
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would add...

    When down by 3 with 1:00 minute left in the half and 3 time outs - Try to score.

    That to me was the end of the game. At that point they showed fear and conceded defeat. They had no chance of coming back after that.
    Exactly. I said the same thing. I wonder what Rex is doing with those time outs tonight when he gets home.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was very down on Sanchez last year. I wanted to give him this year to show improvement and he has definitely improved. He gets the entire year. We had a bad a game, it happens. The Steelers are 1/1. The Giants are 1/1. The Packers are 1/1. The whole AFC East are 1/1.

    I'm not going to read any more threads with this reactionary stuff this week, only news and relevant posts.

    Good luck to the Jets next week. If we lose to Miami, well I won't even go there.

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would add...

    When down by 3 with 1:00 minute left in the half and 3 time outs - Try to score.

    That to me was the end of the game. At that point they showed fear and conceded defeat. They had no chance of coming back after that.
    It's such a chicken **** move isn't it? Can't try to get 35-40 yards for a field goal try with 1:00 and 2 timeouts? Rex is too scared of making mistakes, you have to take chances sometimes to win...can't always be Mr. Conservative "my defense will win it just don't F up on offense guy"...

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I was very down on Sanchez last year. I wanted to give him this year to show improvement and he has definitely improved. He gets the entire year. We had a bad a game, it happens. The Steelers are 1/1. The Giants are 1/1. The Packers are 1/1. The whole AFC East are 1/1.

    I'm not going to read any more threads with this reactionary stuff this week, only news and relevant posts.

    Good luck to the Jets next week. If we lose to Miami, well I won't even go there.
    Not reactionary, reality. I have followed the Jets for 40+ years, trust me, not a reactionary type. Sanchez and management have been in place for 3years. Improvement??

  17. #17
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    Not reactionary, reality. I have followed the Jets for 40+ years, trust me, not a reactionary type. Sanchez and management have been in place for 3years. Improvement??
    Are you Tx's neighbor?

  18. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Are you Tx's neighbor?
    Maybe. Havent checked under the rocks near my house.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    I have been a true Jets fan, never waivering, since 1967. The tears of the 68Heidi game, the unbelievable mania of the 69 championship. From Lammons and Philbin, to Klecko and OBrien. From the greatest losses, to the Monday Night comeback win of all time, I have been there. But 45 years later, I can honestly write to you that I am, maybe for the first time, at a loss of what we are. I can say "we", because although I am not about you Woody, but Rex and Mike, I have actually spent more Jets time than you have, at a much lower pay rate by the way, and I offer you the following four bullet points to consider. The four points are 1 + 3, are for the number 13, the man, Don Maynard, who played with the grace and tenacity to which we only hold in hope that our Jets will someday return.

    * Mark Sanchez should not be our quarterback. He is not smart, he is not fearless, and he is not accurate. He is not capable of winning a championship, even with the toughest of Jets defenses.

    * Never punt on 4th down when you are losing by 17 points with 4 minutes to play. That tends to show the shallow and weak nature of your heart.

    * Character above super=stardom. While it may have been a different game with Reevis on board, no team should be so reliant on a superstar. Instead take a page from our rivals, and focus on strong character and hard play.... slow to speak, quick to the ball.

    * Never give up. I will follow our team until I breathe my last. I know we will not win this year, but I still have hope for the future. Dont be afraid to make changes....and please do so quickly....my time is running out.


    LOL Jets fans

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post


    LOL Jets fans
    RayRay....LOVES mediocrity.

    8 and 8 here we come. THATS enough to keep the kool aid drinkers happy.
















    Do you coach a teeball team that doesn't keep score?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us