Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Note to Rex, Mike, and Woody

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post

* Never punt on 4th down when you are losing by 17 points with 4 minutes to play. That tends to show the shallow and weak nature of your heart.

I disagree with that. I think the punt at that time was the right decision.

A quick 3-and-out or turnover gets the ball back to the offense.

More surprisingly, was at the end of the first half. 1:00 minute to go and all 3 timeouts remaining? You have to take a couple of shots in that situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

More surprisingly, was at the end of the first half. 1:00 minute to go and all 3 timeouts remaining? You have to take a couple of shots in that situation.
    Agreed.... BUT, to the OP's point, THAT 1st half decision showed no guts.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Two TDs and a FG in a 2 min timeframe. The game was over, but fight to the end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two TDs and a FG in a 2 min timeframe. The game was over, but fight to the end.
    and had a player gone down? Then what?

Sometime you pick your battles. When its over..its over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    It's such a chicken **** move isn't it? Can't try to get 35-40 yards for a field goal try with 1:00 and 2 timeouts? Rex is too scared of making mistakes, you have to take chances sometimes to win...can't always be Mr. Conservative "my defense will win it just don't F up on offense guy"...
    especially when your defense cant tackle, cant cover a TE or rb and is not as good as you think

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a true Jets fan, never waivering, since 1967. The tears of the 68Heidi game, the unbelievable mania of the 69 championship. From Lammons and Philbin, to Klecko and OBrien. From the greatest losses, to the Monday Night comeback win of all time, I have been there. But 45 years later, I can honestly write to you that I am, maybe for the first time, at a loss of what we are. I can say "we", because although I am not about you Woody, but Rex and Mike, I have actually spent more Jets time than you have, at a much lower pay rate by the way, and I offer you the following four bullet points to consider. The four points are 1 + 3, are for the number 13, the man, Don Maynard, who played with the grace and tenacity to which we only hold in hope that our Jets will someday return.

* Mark Sanchez should not be our quarterback. He is not smart, he is not fearless, and he is not accurate. He is not capable of winning a championship, even with the toughest of Jets defenses.

* Never punt on 4th down when you are losing by 17 points with 4 minutes to play. That tends to show the shallow and weak nature of your heart.

* Character above super=stardom. While it may have been a different game with Reevis on board, no team should be so reliant on a superstar. Instead take a page from our rivals, and focus on strong character and hard play.... slow to speak, quick to the ball.

* Never give up. I will follow our team until I breathe my last. I know we will not win this year, but I still have hope for the future. Dont be afraid to make changes....and please do so quickly....my time is running out.
    Never give up.

But give up on your QB and #1 CB.

Got it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed.... BUT, to the OP's point, THAT 1st half decision showed no guts.
    Agreed, anything can happen, PI on a long throw, well maybe not yesterday.
    We just happened to get the refs that called a bad PI that didn't happen & let every other hold on every other play go unpunished.
    We really are a bunch of wussys, which is funny considering how Rex, Pettine, Westy & Sparano come off as these really salty tough guys.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We all better calm down a bit - based on what I saw yesterday - the Jets will almost certainly be 2 and 3 after the first five games..

And we can NOT panic...people are in a uproar right now. The Jets played poorly and lost to a better team. Playing the way they are playing and have showed against quality teams I don't see how they can beat Houston or San Fran.

they will be 2 and 3 and still have a good shot at the playoffs...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a true Jets fan, never waivering, since 1967. The tears of the 68Heidi game, the unbelievable mania of the 69 championship. From Lammons and Philbin, to Klecko and OBrien. From the greatest losses, to the Monday Night comeback win of all time, I have been there. But 45 years later, I can honestly write to you that I am, maybe for the first time, at a loss of what we are. I can say "we", because although I am not about you Woody, but Rex and Mike, I have actually spent more Jets time than you have, at a much lower pay rate by the way, and I offer you the following four bullet points to consider. The four points are 1 + 3, are for the number 13, the man, Don Maynard, who played with the grace and tenacity to which we only hold in hope that our Jets will someday return.

* Mark Sanchez should not be our quarterback. He is not smart, he is not fearless, and he is not accurate. He is not capable of winning a championship, even with the toughest of Jets defenses.

* Character above super=stardom. While it may have been a different game with Reevis on board, no team should be so reliant on a superstar. Instead take a page from our rivals, and focus on strong character and hard play.... slow to speak, quick to the ball.

* Never give up. I will follow our team until I breathe my last. I know we will not win this year, but I still have hope for the future. Dont be afraid to make changes....and please do so quickly....my time is running out.
    did u send this letter to the office or only post it here? i don't think they have much time to review this website during the season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by batman10023 View Post
    did u send this letter to the office or only post it here? i don't think they have much time to review this website during the season.
    I attached it to a helium balloon, and waited for a southwest wind to blow.

Its not a letter, only a note.... on my 640th game as a Jet fan.... after 10 cold "Bigass Beers".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I attached it to a helium balloon, and waited for a southwest wind to blow.

Its not a letter, only a note.... on my 640th game as a Jet fan.... after 10 cold "Bigass Beers".
    given you are in texas, i don't think a southwest wind is going to get this up to the offices.

congrats on your 640th game. hopefully the front office takes the time to respond to the old timers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would add...

When down by 3 with 1:00 minute left in the half and 3 time outs - Try to score.

That to me was the end of the game. At that point they showed fear and conceded defeat. They had no chance of coming back after that.
    This!............

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets were playing scared...thinking about what happened at the end of the first half in Pittsburgh the last time they were there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would add...

When down by 3 with 1:00 minute left in the half and 3 time outs - Try to score.

That to me was the end of the game. At that point they showed fear and conceded defeat. They had no chance of coming back after that.
    Just for the record...the last time we tried to score at Pitts at the end of the half, sanchez got obliterated, fumbled and we gave up a TD and then the fans KILLED rex and schotty for not just kneelilng and going into the half were there were on the scoreboard.

MMQB....its not really too fair